Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97300 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1919 Production
« Reply #465 on: July 29, 2015, 09:28:22 pm »

I'm also not sure we need to worry about the desert.. the last round had us push them forward twice back into the plains.
Uh, we didn't make any gains on the plains last round. Arstotska has almost taken the plains.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 29, 2015, 10:20:48 pm »

I'm also not sure we need to worry about the desert.. the last round had us push them forward twice back into the plains.
Uh, we didn't make any gains on the plains last round. Arstotska has almost taken the plains.
Almost nothing, they have the plains right now unless we push them back this turn.

On flamethrowers, I don't consider manpack flamethrowers the main goal. I want vehicle flamethrowers which can have a lot more range and effect.

Stick one of those on a tank with a heavy armored front to resist enemy AP Autocannons that they're using to counter our tanks right now and burn a nice wide hole in their trench networks.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2015, 12:03:10 am »

If we had better armor for the tanks to push past autocannons, we'd surely take the plains again. I think RHA steel alloy would be a good investment.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 30, 2015, 12:19:17 am »

If we had better armor for the tanks to push past autocannons, we'd surely take the plains again. I think RHA steel alloy would be a good investment.
The smoke will help us to counter that to an extent.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #469 on: July 30, 2015, 12:23:39 am »

The smoke will help us to counter that to an extent.
Maybe, if the wind behaves (I do think the smoke will be worth it in the long run but gosh darn our luck so far).

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 30, 2015, 12:25:57 am »

You think maybe it's worth spending the Design phase just on armour and then use Revision to attach it to the Struunks?  I mean, I'm obsessed with radio miniaturisation, but it's not a bad idea at all.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #471 on: July 30, 2015, 12:31:22 am »

If we design new armor and it ends up just being plain better as intended (same-ish weight and price, but stronger; RHA is just steel but with a special process tacked on that removes imperfections and makes it harder) then I don't think we'll have to revise every vehicle. All the new ground vehicles will use this new armor because it's superior to nickel and tin, and older vehicles can be retrofitted with a new hull.

And regardless of how that works out, we can use a revision to fix the radio.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1920 Design
« Reply #472 on: July 30, 2015, 04:44:43 am »

we need both of these credits

i suggest we design a concealable 30cal revolver during our design phase, make a separate tank revision with added spikes and shit on the revision phase, throw both of these at the world market

this will make the fuck-huge bomber project sustainable (from national effort down to very expensive)

discuss

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 30, 2015, 04:56:28 am »

Alright, intel is coming in, and looks like we're doing pretty good all things considered. Only thing hindering us on the plains is the unreliability of the treads of our tanks.

Two proposals from me this turn, either of which will help turn things further towards us. If we get the plains this turn, we can completely and utterly dominate the skies from just how much fuel we have available. Also, we should aim for the expense credit, if only just to annoy them by having a cheaper SMG than they have that we stole, or otherwise making the brumby cheaper.

The soviets should be left to rot, mostly because filthy arstotzkans are communist and they won't be able to use that tank efficiently given the fuel problems they'll start having.

2.2 inch cannon
A short-barreled tank cannon purpose designed to be used by our existing tanks, and potentially newer designs. Built with recoil compensation and a vertical slide breach the cannon also comes with two types of shell; the ubiquitous HE, and the new steel core AP rounds.

Model 2 Biplane
A significant revision of the Model one, including stripping out the brumby and the radio set for a stallion to act as a purpose-built air-to-air and air-to-surface fighter. Also included in this design is the all-metal fuselage, made from aluminium capable of stopping glancing rounds from the Arstotzkan rifles and MGs
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 30, 2015, 05:01:48 am »

i don't think you realize how op stacking two expense credits is exactly, taricus

this isn't about ideology, this is about REMOVING ARSTOTZKAN

we can hold them this year, we have a minor advantage in the jungle, and if they are reasonable at all (as if, they're arstotzkans after all) they'll go all in on getting the expense credits too

if we manage to get all two, we can get a 40s-tier superweapon which would by any means be beyond our country's grasp but others will be paying it down two tiers

or we can produce an everloving fuckton of dirt-cheap tanks

or we can build a 120cal he/frag autocannon with rotating barrels, put it on wheels and ride 12 divisions of them all the way to the arstotzkan capital

do you see the possibilities yet

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 30, 2015, 05:21:18 am »

If they go all-out getting the expense credits, they aren't actually making more effective tools. Sure, ours may be more expensive but we'd have more modern gear.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 30, 2015, 05:22:12 am »

I should be clear, you can't use two expense credits on the same item.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 30, 2015, 05:26:17 am »

And out comes the GM with something like rationality :P

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 30, 2015, 05:27:42 am »

* LordSlowpoke throws hands up

gg no re

in that case i'll +1 the biplane and suggest we miniaturize the radio, fix the t1's treads or concealify the five-shooter on revision

however, i expect you to make it a better improvement than just a glorified revision
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:29:37 am by LordSlowpoke »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #479 on: July 30, 2015, 05:39:12 am »

My suggestion for a powerful, concealable weapon is long-range vehicle-towed rocket pods.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 135