Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97663 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1934 Design
« Reply #1875 on: September 06, 2015, 06:15:04 am »

i knew it that infantry armor was completely useless...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 06, 2015, 06:16:02 am »

That's not true, it actually helped. However, it being Very Expensive is the main issue.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 06, 2015, 06:21:45 am »

That's not true, it actually helped. However, it being Very Expensive is the main issue.
Sensei how much time do you have until start of semester? depending on things I'd like to end this game properly rather than being a bimonthly affair.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 06, 2015, 06:25:36 am »

Back to the game...

Offers MK-47A under the label Gewehr 34A
bumblebee as Naval Gun
Designs IFV or light tank.

- Tracked
- 3 inch AT howitzer using Hi-lo pressure principle
- capacity for two fireteams
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:28:45 am by evilcherry »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 06, 2015, 06:32:04 am »

hmpf.

Radar won't help us right now...

Sticky Bomb
Quite simply an composite B or tnt charge put in a sock and smeared in tar to stick to enemy tanks. Simple, cheap and effective.

evilcheery quite honestly we have no ore anymore, we have a dearth of resources in general and thus vehicles have become pretty much superfluous for us, we need infantry weapons and somethign for our anti-air use.
Anti-Tank guns, anti-infantry weapons, cheaper armor and radars is what we need until we push back the arstotzkans at least far enough back for us to restart productions on vehicles at a reasonable level.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:41:01 am by Ghazkull »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 06, 2015, 08:08:19 am »

Ok, revision is to cheapen that armour. If we get it to cheap that'd be ludicrously effective. but nigh impossible. Expensive would still be really good, as they are almost immune to small arms fire.

Design-wise, we need to deal with those new tanks. My suggestion is a self propelled tank destroyer.

T2b: Hunter
Based off of the Breaker chassis, this mounts an enlarged cannon in a fixed casemate (to give it some lateral/elevational movement). This cannon is specifically designed for high range and high penetration, and as such comes with improved, cheap optics and a radio. The armour is reduced to autocannon-proof on all sides except the front which is increased to heavy. This should be a pretty easy design, and as such we should be able cheapen the optics at the same time.

Next, we need something to take back the mountains, otherwise we have definitively lost. Thankfully we have two design phases. Specifically, we should go for something to improve our snipers. This will reverse the sniper war in our favour (helping in the desert as well) and we'll be able to take out their rpg troopers, which will allow our vehicles to mow down everything else.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 06, 2015, 09:32:16 am »

(I wonder what would have happened if we went with grenade launcher/cheaper tanks..  No point, as I recommended them, guaranteeing that neither of them would go through.)

I don't know about that design Kashyyk, that looks like it'll be NE at the minimum, probably costing 5 ore 3 oil, if not more.  Anti-tank mines would deal with the enemy tanks, and we could actually build them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:35:42 am by Devastator »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 06, 2015, 11:56:35 am »

Well, we have two designs this turn. And our main problem is the Arstotzkan snipers in the mountains. A proper sniper rifle there should help deal with them. We push them back in the mountains, we shouldn't have an ore problem.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 06, 2015, 12:07:46 pm »

Offers MK-47A under the label Gewehr 34A
bumblebee as Naval Gun

+1.

The Arstotzkans disrupting our ore supplies need to be dealt with too, and I agree that a sniper rifle is the best choice there. How's this work?

Osprey Marksman Rifle

A dedicated bolt-action sniper rifle chambering the same .30 round as the M1 service rifle, loaded from an 8-round en-bloc clip. It has an iron sight adjustable to 1 kilometer, and a rail mount for a telescopic sight. This sight has adjustment controls for focus, windage, and parallax. Magnification can be adjusted by turning a knob that moves an adjustment lens closer or farther from the eyepiece.

Someone could probably fit that scope onto an MK-47A if they really wanted too as well. That would be silly, but modularity is good.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:32:01 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 06, 2015, 12:29:24 pm »

Alright, looking at the offers, it'll probably be better to offer up the destroyer for that rather than give the nazis anything. Since they're offering both an expense credit, and more importantly, the resources to BUILT it. That means we'll be back at 3 ore regardless of the outcome in the mountains. Just have no idea how long that'll last.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 06, 2015, 01:37:53 pm »

Alright, looking at the offers, it'll probably be better to offer up the destroyer for that rather than give the nazis anything. Since they're offering both an expense credit, and more importantly, the resources to BUILT it. That means we'll be back at 3 ore regardless of the outcome in the mountains. Just have no idea how long that'll last.
Why not both. Poor men can't be choosers. We'll be happy to stamp them with star and stripes, the hammer and sickle, or swastikas.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 06, 2015, 01:39:40 pm »

Why not both. Poor men can't be choosers. We'll be happy to stamp them with star and stripes, the hammer and sickle, or swastikas.

Pretty much. Like it or not, we sorely need that nazi iron. We just can't associate too closely with them and we should be good.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 06, 2015, 02:23:27 pm »

Fair enough. Though looking over that sniper rifle, the weapon itself isn't that good... Also, I think we might want to avoid any armoured vehicle designs for the time being, we just don't have the resources for them.

So, a counter-proposal!

M2 'Osprey' Rifle
A bolt-action rifle fed from a 10-round detachable box magazine built purely for long-range engagements, and able to do it well thanks to the improved scope. It has an iron sight adjustable to 1 kilometer, and a rail mount for a telescopic sight. This sight has adjustment controls for focus, windage, and parallax. Magnification can be adjusted by turning a knob that moves an adjustment lens closer or farther from the eyepiece. Also comes standard with an integral folding bipod to improve the weapon's stability and accuracy.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 06, 2015, 04:12:53 pm »

M2 'Osprey' Rifle
A bolt-action rifle fed from a 10-round detachable box magazine built purely for long-range engagements, and able to do it well thanks to the improved scope. It has an iron sight adjustable to 1 kilometer, and a rail mount for a telescopic sight. This sight has adjustment controls for focus, windage, and parallax. Magnification can be adjusted by turning a knob that moves an adjustment lens closer or farther from the eyepiece. Also comes standard with an integral folding bipod to improve the weapon's stability and accuracy.

I'm alright with these changes, +1.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 06, 2015, 04:29:32 pm »

Have we decided on the T2b Hunter and M2 Osprey as our designs? I'd make a vote list, but I'm on my phone atm.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 135