Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97033 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1910 Revision Phase
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »

For the revision phase I shall propose that we begin to improve our steam engine.

Improve the efficiency, and reliability of the steam engine's boilers.
I wholeheartedly support this. We're going to need the resources.

EDIT: Also, the Stallion would still be a HMG, given the round's size. It'd be more comparable to the M2 Browning or the KPV than an actual autocannon.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:05:35 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »

For the revision phase I shall propose that we begin to improve our steam engine.

Improve the efficiency, and reliability of the steam engine's boilers.
+1 to moving stuff faster and better.

After this we need an armored car to put the HMGs on. We'll invent a NEW kind of cavalry.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 11:37:43 pm »

+1 for better engines

Improved exhaust, simpler valve gear, or even superheaters (if that does not count as new engine). Oh and oil-firing so we no longer need someone to shove fuel.

MOSKURG STRONK. REMOVE arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:31:49 am by evilcherry »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 12:17:13 am »

You will attempt a modification of the Model 51 Steam Engine. This will focus on converting the engines to oil-burning. In the process, the engines will gain the benefit of your Hot Weather Engineering technology.

Model 52 Steam Engine: The engines have been converted to oil-burning, which should make them cheaper to operate. Several key failure points have been re-engineered. This should enable more resources to be gained from our mines.

You have also gained the Oil Burner technology, for steam-powered engines which burn oil instead of coal.

It is now the 1910 Production Phase. Sit back while I write up a post and update countries tech entries, and soon the 1911 design phase will begin.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:15:33 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1911 Design
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 03:17:05 am »

1910 battle results are in, on the OOC thread.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 04:02:47 am »

Okay, given the current circumstances, I think we may need to hold back on the car/truck idea until we regain the lost territory in the open fields, for that I propose that we start developing artillery.

Bombardier: a 3.6 Calibre howitzer generally designed as the 'workhorse' of our artillery. Whilst horse-drawn the range of the guns should render any mobility issues irrelevant as dirty arstotzkans are blown to smithereens. The gun itself shouldn't be too complex, given that it's basically a rifled tube on a gun carriage that shoots really large shells with lots of explosives to kill cowardly arstotzkans hiding in ditches.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 09:01:31 am »

Is the arty really conducive in regaining lands? We lost because we can project less dakka than the enemy, and in turn we either need to be able to throw more lead, or be more effective in throwing lead in their faces. In this circumstances the armored car is actually a priority.

We can also make a .30 cal Machine gun if we need even more dakka.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 09:05:45 am »

We're going to need to use our revision phase to fix our new engine,  I think, so I'd say what we need most is a better rifle. A better rifle would increase our advantage in the jungle, help us possibly break the stalemate in the mountains, and regain ground in the fields. The Horsekiller is too inaccurate for the mountains, and the stopping power is unneeded in the plains.

Spoiler: Mk1 Rifle (click to show/hide)

We don't have an Expensive weapon yet, I believe, so we might want to make a clip-using version of this next year, or a .30 cal machine gun.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 10:59:49 am »

We're going to need to use our revision phase to fix our new engine,  I think, so I'd say what we need most is a better rifle. A better rifle would increase our advantage in the jungle, help us possibly break the stalemate in the mountains, and regain ground in the fields. The Horsekiller is too inaccurate for the mountains, and the stopping power is unneeded in the plains.

Spoiler: Mk1 Rifle (click to show/hide)

We don't have an Expensive weapon yet, I believe, so we might want to make a clip-using version of this next year, or a .30 cal machine gun.
+1
A .30 is our best bet.

MOSKURG STRONK. REMOVE arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:02:52 am by evilcherry »

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 11:04:41 am »

Maybe we could upgrade our revolvers.
Twelve-shooters, anyone?
Regards,
Dampe

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 11:23:02 am »

Twelve-shooters, anyone?
We need to regain the lost grounds. Well 12 shooters will marginally improve our trench fighting capability but not really by much.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 12:23:10 pm »

Twelve-shooters, anyone?
We need to regain the lost grounds. Well 12 shooters will marginally improve our trench fighting capability but not really by much.

Maybe we can work on a self-loading carbine chambered in
.30 caliber.

Spoiler: T-1911 Carbine (click to show/hide)
Regards,
Dampe

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 12:26:34 pm »

We need a better rifle to mass-produce for our entire army, first. We need a rifle that can match the Nosin Single for now, and maybe we can make that next year.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 12:38:57 pm »

Twelve-shooters, anyone?

Maybe we can work on a self-loading carbine chambered in
.30 caliber.

Spoiler: T-1911 Carbine (click to show/hide)
I don't think that Gas-Operated is the way to go, would make it much more expensive to build than a blow-back/recoil system. And we are also using imperial not metric system I believe
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 12:48:03 pm »

Okay, given the current circumstances, I think we may need to hold back on the car/truck idea until we regain the lost territory in the open fields, for that I propose that we start developing artillery.

Bombardier: a 3.6 Calibre howitzer generally designed as the 'workhorse' of our artillery. Whilst horse-drawn the range of the guns should render any mobility issues irrelevant as dirty arstotzkans are blown to smithereens. The gun itself shouldn't be too complex, given that it's basically a rifled tube on a gun carriage that shoots really large shells with lots of explosives to kill cowardly arstotzkans hiding in ditches.
+1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 135