Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97489 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1930 Production
« Reply #1425 on: August 15, 2015, 08:22:06 pm »

Eh, we need to replace the struunk though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 16, 2015, 03:21:47 am »

Support expense credit for Breaker

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 16, 2015, 02:28:48 pm »

To bump and provide some ideas...

"Rattlesnake" IFV/HMG Carrier

A small tracked vehicle with minimal armor, with two armor plates arranged not unlike the top of a carton box that can act as top armor or extra spaced armor. It carries a crew of 4, and comes with one single Stallion on a pintle mount by default. Soldiers can carry extra armament on it, including Hippos, Sorrarias, and other small arms. Design focus are a low profile and maneuverability, while not sacrificing basic reliability.

Also, just for the sake of it, Put a piece of paper with 30 boxes on every hippo produced. The soldier is expected to mark out one box every time he fires a shot. All weapons > 30 shots are not to be used and should be sent back for refab.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 02:32:23 pm by evilcherry »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 16, 2015, 03:14:26 pm »

That might be too slow for my tastes, given that it essentially be a tractor more than a fast car or something.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 16, 2015, 03:22:25 pm »

We could make it a half-track instead, with a lever to pull the wheels in for turning, or let them down for straight-line speed.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 16, 2015, 03:31:08 pm »

Why not just make something akin to the kubelwagon instead? It'd give us speed and more manoeuvrability than their motorcycle, and we can bring both an MG and recoilless rifle on it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 16, 2015, 03:39:15 pm »

That'd be a pretty different role, and we could use the Rattlesnake chassis for lots of other things. APC's, ambulances, we could even get creative and put a mounting spot for a mortar, light AA, or other crewed equipment inside and use it as a mobile platform.

edit: or this ridiculous vehicle.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:40:51 pm by Baffler »
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 16, 2015, 03:45:33 pm »

Hey, the kettenkrad is cool ;-;

Though for a multi-purpose vehicle, I'd prefer something more... armoured.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 16, 2015, 03:51:40 pm »

I see a lack of concentrated effort here. Designing different weapon system each turn will not let to get advanced on any single front. We went airforce and should keep going this route, like

1) FLAK gun to give more problems to their bombers
2) Automatic 1inch gun similar to their 20mm (and get weapon to arm future aircrafts with)
3) 2ore, 2 oil cheap fighter-bomber to supplement Model 4 and have numerious aircraft for ground attacking (aka designing Mosquito)
4) Ground attack floatplane to use it in jungles and then design floatplane carrying ships (Or even a flying boat)
5) Bomber\transport plane
6) Radar

Else, this turn spent to design an air-superiority fighter is wasted.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 16, 2015, 03:54:43 pm »

The flak gun I can get behind, since we can make it a large calibre, high velocity design that'll also be capable of threatening their tanks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 16, 2015, 03:58:42 pm »

I still want Mosquito because our enemy will answer by designing their own expensive fighter or designing their own cheap fighter or making their current aircrafts cheaper. Having a cheap fighter will help against  this countermeasure and we will maintain our air superiority.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 16, 2015, 04:01:20 pm »

Not if said cheap fighters is a lot easier to shoot down than our good one.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 16, 2015, 04:04:57 pm »

Mosquito will not be easy to shoot down. Not at all. Especially when cooperating with faster fighters.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 16, 2015, 04:08:34 pm »

Yeah, a wooden biplane is actually pretty damn sturdy, and maneuverable enough to take evasive action against ground-based AA fire. Though the yellowjacket might be nimble enough to attack enemy aircraft from above while still evading ground fire since it's made for higher altitudes. Right now they're just using regular machineguns with high angles as AA, the yellowjacket might even operate above their effective altitude range.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:10:48 pm by Baffler »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 16, 2015, 04:12:03 pm »

Possibly even the Autocannon as an AA gun, though I don't see a reference to them making a carriage for it.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 135