Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97200 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1915 Design
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2015, 06:13:46 pm »

The stallion is the .60 cal cannon :P

As an aside, we should look into an alliance with the allied powers, especially britain given they use the same measurements as us.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2015, 06:16:40 pm »

Britain and possibly trade with America, both use imperial.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2015, 06:20:43 pm »

Make an armored car with 15mms of armor and a turret that rotates using electricity mounted with an M1 Stallion, and an M2 Brumby. The vehicle should only be as big as it has to be to hold the crew and the engine to minimize silhouette. The hull should be friendly to infantry desant. It should have a top speed of at least 20 mph cross-country.

I added an M2 Brumby to the armament. I think a machine-gun, plus a Horsekiller autocannon, should be good for now. It'll probably be very expensive, since it's a big project, but we can revise it.
+1 to this, and I went ahead and switched the gun type over to the M1 Stallion in the quote.

You attempt to make an armored car, to hold some machine guns and protect its crew while travelling cross-country.

Hasn't Got a Name Yet Mk I: Initial Moskurg attempts at building an internal combustion engine were an embarrassment. Several prototypes were built which were incapable of more than 20 horsepower, or were too large altogether, or caught fire. In a hurry to get a usable product out, the engineering team confiscated civilian cars, which moves the vehicle directly to Very Expensive because not very many civilians have cars. These were hastily fitted with armor, and capable of only about 30 MPH on road, or 15 on desert sand and plains. The electric turret plans were omitted in favor of a cheap, reliable hand crank, with a loose pivot for the vertical axis, but the vehicle does at least have a rotating turret. Uses one M1 Stallion on top and one M2 Brumby for the passenger seat. Armor is 8mm throughout, which cannot reliably stop .30 caliber rounds at close range.

You've gained Petrol Motors (Partial), Simple Vehicle Armor. You rolled a 1 for engine research, 1 for armor research, and a 4 for general useability.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1915 Revision
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2015, 06:24:15 pm »

Revise the armored car so we build new cars, instead of confiscating civilian cars. Hopefully, that'll decrease the expense.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2015, 06:25:15 pm »

I think our most important revision is going to be in the armour department, focus on sloped armour and less penetrative ability, favour frontal armour while possibly lightening the back.
EDIT: Possibly send them out with the caviate of being mobile machine gun platforms, not to be used in close combat so their infantry doesn't get a chance to engage them.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2015, 06:26:04 pm »

Well, I doubt we can revise the armour car design at the point. Let's focus on making that horsekiller of ours one hell of sniper/antimaterial weapon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2015, 06:26:33 pm »

For our revision we take the latest Horsekiller, and then add a bipod to it, fine tune the sights, triple check the rifling, and expend all of our effort to bring it as close to a sniper rifle as we can until we have a scope for it.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2015, 06:27:14 pm »

I think we should use Revision to Create Specialized Fragmentation Shells for the Artillery.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2015, 06:27:48 pm »

Well, I doubt we can revise the armour car design at the point. Let's focus on making that horsekiller of ours one hell of sniper/antimaterial weapon.
No, you can revise right after designing something. Sensei actually specifies that you can revise what you just made, OR something else.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:31 pm »

Also name the Armoured Car the Asstotzka Herse

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2015, 06:29:51 pm »

For our revision we take the latest Horsekiller, and then add a bipod to it, fine tune the sights, triple check the rifling, and expend all of our effort to bring it as close to a sniper rifle as we can until we have a scope for it.
+1

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2015, 06:31:59 pm »

I support this.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2015, 06:37:28 pm »

I don't understand why modifying a confiscated, prebuilt chassis is more expensive than building entirely new vehicles. Also I don't get why we need to build our engines from scratch. Were the cars running on steam, before? We should just copy existing engine designs.

The stallion is the .60 cal cannon :P

As an aside, we should look into an alliance with the allied powers, especially britain given they use the same measurements as us.
Oh! Oops.

Trade is good.

---

The speed on the car is fine, but if the armor is bad then the idea won't work. Make sure the armor on the Struunk I is well fitted and shaped. Try to get the engine and electric turret working properly. For the former, look to existing petrol-internal combustion engine designs for inspiration.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2015, 06:38:50 pm »

I doubt the pre-existing engines are made to cope with the extra mass the amour and the stallion give it. Still, the engine is powerful enough that we can use it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2015, 06:39:45 pm »

I doubt the pre-existing engines are made to cope with the extra mass the amour and the stallion give it. Still, the engine is powerful enough that we can use it.
Yeah. 15mph isn't bad. But I do think that the armor is super important. Otherwise we're going to lose a lot of these valuable cars and machine guns when they first go out.

GM: do our men ever capture enemy weapons, like the light mortar and whatever?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 135