Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97457 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1930 Design
« Reply #1320 on: August 14, 2015, 06:29:22 pm »

You should note that I used one joke argument and many serious ones.

Again, what will we achieve from one turn of total air superiority? (the best result that your design can possibly achieve)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 14, 2015, 06:45:23 pm »

Enough breathing room for our ground troops to operate without having to watch the skies. We can relegate wasps into a ground attack role, attacking their artillery positions (And we come in from the sides, those flak shells aren't going to be of much use if they can shift the barrel easily) and other 'soft' targets.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 14, 2015, 06:51:46 pm »

My vote so far is for the Mosquito.

However; after some time, we may want to think about developing some sort of AA gun.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 14, 2015, 07:01:39 pm »

Taricus, And what will we achieve? Regain a single point of desert is my answer. Then they will counter with even better fighter or cheaper fighter.

Also, Wasps, being fast (and having high stall speed), not manoeuvrable, relatively fragile, unable to carry bombs =  bad ground attack aircraft. Revision can make it less horrible for this role but I prefer to not spend revisions on making obsolete designs viable for few more turns.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 14, 2015, 07:07:54 pm »

Again, they're just to strafe the enemy artillery. They aren't bombing anything. Yet we need air control to actually send in a bomber in the first place. And if they waste a turn with a counterdesign, something we can sabotage, then all the better. That buys us some breathing room to manoeuvre with our next design.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 14, 2015, 07:15:17 pm »

I prefer Mosquito followed by Yellowjacket or similar aircraft next turn. I believe that cheaper+expensive fighter is what we need to have a chance to actually win air war, winning it for one turn will give nothing. Yes, I am trying the same thing used in other branch, cheap(expensive) fighter-bomber + expensive(very expensive) dedicated fighter

Current votes (correct me if I missed someone)

Taricus: Yellowjacket
Happery: Yellowjacket
Kashyk: Yellowjacket or Mosquito
coleslaw35: Mosquito
Baffler: Mosquito
Ukrainian Ranger: Mosquito
LordSlowpoke: Butterfly (Fibreglass Mosquito)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:17:12 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 14, 2015, 07:18:01 pm »

You missed evilcherry's vote for the yellowjacket I believe. There may be a few more votes floating around too, let me check.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 14, 2015, 07:21:54 pm »

Could someone repost all the designs?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 14, 2015, 07:22:47 pm »

I can see UR aiming for a Po-2, but can you at least please include a searchlight in the assembly?

I might be gaming the system, but I fear our GM would not recognize the strength of such a plane. A better fighter is a more straightforward answer to their air superiority.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 14, 2015, 07:24:01 pm »

Correction, evilcherry hasn't voted, ignore what I said above.

Also elfeater, at this point it seems only the mosquito and the Yellowjacket are viable designs that have enough support.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 14, 2015, 07:24:41 pm »

designs:
Model 4 'Yellowjacket' Fighter
Moskurg's first full-aluminium craft, using the designs for a fuel-injection system nicked from Arstotzka on a v12 petrol engine. Using six Sorraia MGs in the wings and a stallion modified to fire through the propeller shaft, and a radio system to ensure squadron cohesion. This time, however, this craft has low wings, and has an enclosed cockpit so as to allow the pilot to reach much higher altitudes without passing out, or falling to their doom.

The radio decryption shouldn't affect our fighters much, if at all given that none of the Arstotzkan craft. And we may need to revise the hippo to be a little more user-friendly.
Mosquito
Narrow, small and nimble aluminium-wooden or full aluminium biplane (fit in 2 ore)  Light enough to consume 2 oil and have adequate speed. Armed with 2 Sorraria machineguns and special universal mount under fuselage. This mount should be able to use(in order of importance) Stallion, Light bomb, single shot preloaded Hippo, cargo container(ideally with a parachute), float pontoon(s) or nothing for increased speed and manoeuvrability. Failing make it universal, attach a single Stallion. Optimized for operating on low attitudes and maneuver between mountains houses in city

It is light fighter\ground attack\utility aircraft  with modular design in mind. If we will succeed with pontoons we will get some air support in jungles. Hippo variant will have only one shot, but hit from above should kill any armor, stallion variant can allow it to handle heavier enemies and empty will allow to handle manoeuvrable enemies.

Biplane is chosen because it is nimbler
BUTTERFLY
small, nimble biplane made out of aluminum tubes and fiberglass cloth fit with a supercharged v8 engine in a pusher configuration
fitted with a modular weapons mount in front, for usage with hippo, stallion and (in the future) rocket systems
optimized for low-altitude flight and maneuverability

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 14, 2015, 07:25:45 pm »

Just to make sure, I went through the pages until the YellowJacket came up, here are the results:

Taricus: YellowJacket
Happerry: YellowJacket
Kashyyk: YellowJacket/Mosquito
LordSlpwpoke: Butterfly
Coleslaw: Mosquito
UkranianRanger: Mosquito

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:27:20 pm by coleslaw35 »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 14, 2015, 07:44:29 pm »

I would vote for a yellow jacket, if we can get it to be maneuverable.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 14, 2015, 07:50:57 pm »

Funny enough we have two fighter aircrafts proposals, that are opposite in everything. I want them both because they will supplement each other in a very nice way.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 14, 2015, 08:16:51 pm »

Taricus: YellowJacket
Happerry: YellowJacket
Kashyyk: YellowJacket/Mosquito
LordSlpwpoke: Butterfly
Coleslaw: Mosquito
UkranianRanger: Mosquito

Elfeater: YellowJacket IF MANEUVERABLE.

It seems like the YellowJacket is more likely to win. Rip UR.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 135