Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97378 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1930 Design
« Reply #1245 on: August 14, 2015, 03:30:08 am »

do you think it's too complex for us to pull off at this time? or is this an ore issue?

also, you better figure out how to load that automatically, as hilarious as the image of a copilot jumping out and inserting a shell is

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 14, 2015, 03:51:43 am »

Autoloader?

And to be honest, it's more just applying everything from the Yellowjacket onto that design, so it'd be even better.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 14, 2015, 03:53:11 am »

we don't quite have autoloaders yet so eh

but alright, gradual progression, i hoped we could use design + revision + expense credit on a great leap forward(tm) instead

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 14, 2015, 04:48:40 am »

Model 4 'Yellowjacket' Fighter
Moskurg's first full-aluminium craft, using the designs for a fuel-injection system nicked from Arstotzka on a v12 petrol engine. Using six Sorraia MGs in the wings and an Autoloaded Breaker Cannon modified to fire through the propeller shaft, and a radio system to ensure squadron cohesion. This time, however, this craft has low wings, and has an enclosed cockpit so as to allow the pilot to reach much higher altitudes without passing out, or falling to their doom.
(edited for suggested modifications) +1

Even if they did have radios in their planes, we wouldn't want encryption because that takes too long currently. I assume Moskurgians and Arstotzkans speak different languages though, so unless all their pilots are bilingual they wouldn't know what ours were saying anyway.

Revision-wise: I'd like to revise the radio to be cheap. (which should by extension make the Tiger's Whisper cheap too)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 14, 2015, 04:51:50 am »

upon consideration, i think we should make wider use of our recoilless rifle technology

in that we should make the breaker reload using its own recoil gas somehow

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 14, 2015, 04:58:25 am »

That's just gas operation LSP. Most modern firearms use that.

If we could get a gas-operated SMG though, that's be great. Doubly so if we up the round size to .40. Dead Arstotzkans in CQC for EVERYONE! :D

EDIT: Erm, we'd probably want to avoid using the breaker cannon on the fighter. Given the weight and force of it, it might just break the engine. We'll stick with the Stallion for now, the breaker-mounting aircraft is something for next turn to bomb them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:00:03 am by Taricus »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 14, 2015, 05:00:10 am »

Dead Arstotzkans in CQC for EVERYONE! :D

Last I checked that's pretty much the case already. Our problem is getting into CQC. (admittedly there'll probably be nothing but CQC in the city)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 14, 2015, 05:05:39 am »

yeah, i'm beyond sure the city is safe for us

we're at 3/4 in the mountains and jungle, they can't reasonably defend both, so i suggest we push the mountains (i thiiiink they can get support from the taiga side of the jungle re: armored stuff when we get to 4/4? so mountains are easier to keep for us, as i doubt the same is true there)

i assume the plane will help out with the mountains, so

That's just gas operation LSP. Most modern firearms use that.

If we could get a gas-operated SMG though, that's be great. Doubly so if we up the round size to .40. Dead Arstotzkans in CQC for EVERYONE! :D

EDIT: Erm, we'd probably want to avoid using the breaker cannon on the fighter. Given the weight and force of it, it might just break the engine. We'll stick with the Stallion for now, the breaker-mounting aircraft is something for next turn to bomb them.

i still maintain .60 is the only true round to be 100% sure of removing the arstotzkan

they reproduce by spores, man, you have to be 100% sure or they'll just sprout out of the ground

we'll find a way to make our soldiers fire it in a smg properly, soooooon

and the breaker, heh, we'd probably have to design a plane around it, it's a damn tank gun, i applaud this STRONK engineering thought though

in the dual/quad engine design we could just put dual breakers on the wings, a stallion in the center and we're set? (still pushing for high altitude though, and i want to bomb their capital with nerve gas)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 14, 2015, 05:16:45 am »

Alright, I got word back from sensei. And how about a bit of french treatment to the Arstotzkans? AKA we give a spy a radio and let them rip at the Arstotzkans with unkind words about how we fornicated with their mothers and such.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 14, 2015, 05:20:46 am »

Can we just stick to a "finally functional" fighter? We need air superiority.

Otherwise I'd rather stick to a 1.6in QF (i.e. Bofors Copy) for AA.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 14, 2015, 05:39:20 am »

Actually, do you reckon we could sow false military information as an Espionage action?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 14, 2015, 05:43:59 am »

Been talking to Sensei, and it's possible. Along with taunting the enemy and such.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 14, 2015, 05:45:49 am »

Heh. And we have an Espionage credit.  How does stealing some more tech and then preforming radio sabotage sound?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 14, 2015, 05:53:04 am »

Eh, sabotaging their tech, and revising our current codes is a better use of the spies. Doubly so if the new codes are basically creative ways to insult Arstotzkans :P

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 14, 2015, 05:55:13 am »

Losing that ore... not good.

What are our options to stop them in desert\city

1) Air superiority aircraft
2) Anti-tank armored car
3) AA gun that can be used as AT
4) Landmines.
5) Dedicated tank killer aircraft

I prefer 2, because it is good for jungles, too. 3 is a nice defensive option.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 135