Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97140 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1929 Design
« Reply #1080 on: August 10, 2015, 10:56:43 pm »

I used killing power as a relative value. Namely, the bullet is just as lethal, it just doesn't produce as much recoil.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 10, 2015, 11:01:54 pm »

What about putting our current RR on Tiger trucks, and using them in hit and run fights, using dunes to escape their main line, drawing them into our tank forces in positions of our choosing?
If we're going to do this, it'd be better to design our own motorcycle with a sidecar that has a mount for our RR. A Motercycle could be useful in all sorts of other ways too.

Personally, though, I'd prefer to design a two person anti tank gun this turn and then use our revision phase to make a dedicated sniper version of the Model 1 Rifle.

Edit : also, we should sell the royal army of China our M3 Sorraia GPMG, and offer the British our M1 Stallion.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:06:28 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 10, 2015, 11:02:53 pm »

Or just making a car itself? More power and stability than the motorbike and we can mount bigger weapons on it.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 10, 2015, 11:03:44 pm »

What about putting our current RR on Tiger trucks, and using them in hit and run fights, using dunes to escape their main line, drawing them into our tank forces in positions of our choosing?
If we're going to do this, it'd be better to design our own motorcycle with a sidecar that has a mount for our RR. A Motercycle could be useful in all sorts of other ways too.

Personally, though, I'd prefer to design a two person anti tank gun this turn and then use our revision phase to make a dedicated sniper version of the Model 1 Rifle.
Could we use a revision phase to just make our current tank gun into an antitank gun?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 10, 2015, 11:07:13 pm »

What do you want to achieve by using a towed anti-tank gun? Do you want to create a stable front in the desert?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1085 on: August 10, 2015, 11:08:03 pm »

+1 to grenades. I suggest smoke variants as well.
The grenades seem like a good idea.
Historically, grenades were surprisingly effective against tanks. Plus smoke variant.
Grenades have never been any good for killing tanks. The best you can hope for is tread disablement, which makes it easier for other more powerful weapons to finish it off, and there are few situations in which this could feasibly happen (see: urban, forest, jungle combat). Armor kills by infantry with hand grenades are going to be so infrequent as to be insignificant. AT grenades today are completely obsolete.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 10, 2015, 11:11:24 pm »

Could we use a revision phase to just make our current tank gun into an antitank gun?
Nope. Our current anti tank gun is a recoilless rifle. If you mean our current artillery weapon, yes, making Flack Shells might not be a bad idea, but even if they have an advantage in the air we're not really being killed up there right now, and I think we currently have more urgent concerns.

What do you want to achieve by using a towed anti-tank gun? Do you want to create a stable front in the desert?
We already have that in the B2 Destroyer, remember? It's currently truck towed. I want one people can use in the mountains. So a one or two person anti-tank gun. It'd also be useful in the jungle as if they can carry it into the mountains they can carry it around in the jungle and use it for anti-vehicle ambushes.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 10, 2015, 11:14:49 pm »

@UR

To be fair we DID try. Our best try though is the cheap SMG. We might not be focused enough (by pouring everything onto that side)

- -1 for 'nades. Its not worth a design round.
- Our best bet is the jungles, and we should use the revision round to get rid of the poor officer camo.
- We have enough small arms. We are not going to get too much advantage by a Short battle rifle (or the proper assault rifle)
-- Contrary to that, we lack accuracy on our .60 big rifle.
- We need to improve our man-portable AT and anti-materiel capacity.
- We lack mining capability.

Suggestions:

- Better Recoil-less rifle.
- A .60 cal Sniper rifle.
- Mines, preferably AT. We have the exact plans of the enemy tank so we can design a mine against it with surgical precision (based on it being heavier than anything we field)
- Revise Camo.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 10, 2015, 11:20:09 pm »

S1 'Overlord' Rifle
Moskurg's first dedicated sniper weapon, built off the wrist-destroying .60 cal rounds. A little futuristic in it's design, given the layout is in bullpup format, the Overlord is primarily designed as a bolt-action weapon fed from a five-round detachable magazine and built with an integral set of adjustable optics (Capable of going to x10) to make targeting Arstotzkans a breeze and a bipod so that the shooter can brace the weapon and only break the target.

We do need the ability to actually push though, not just hold them off
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:03:42 am by Taricus »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 10, 2015, 11:29:27 pm »

While I like the Overlord, I think .60 is just to big a round size. Maybe go .40 and break into a new bullet size?
Forenia Forever!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 10, 2015, 11:30:59 pm »

It's only slightly bigger than what's used for some anti-material rifles today, so I think the .60 will be fine.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 10, 2015, 11:34:34 pm »

actually for such a large gun bolt action is better. Less noise, less moving parts, more accuracy.

We already have that in the B2 Destroyer, remember? It's currently truck towed. I want one people can use in the mountains. So a one or two person anti-tank gun. It'd also be useful in the jungle as if they can carry it into the mountains they can carry it around in the jungle and use it for anti-vehicle ambushes.
We do have a mobile anti-tank gun called the Rhino. Its just need some serious revision/redesign.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:37:52 pm by evilcherry »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 10, 2015, 11:38:32 pm »

Real worlds 0.6 are rather short, so I suspect power of this bullet is comparable to modern anti-material rifle. Besides - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT-20_(rifle)

I like sniper rifle for pushing in mountains and dealing with enemy light armor from a great range. And I second bolt action for the sniper rifle.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:40:47 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 10, 2015, 11:47:42 pm »

Okay, modified it to just be bolt-action.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1094 on: August 11, 2015, 12:17:25 am »

I really don't see what's keeping us from advancing in the desert. Sounds like they're completely helpless against our armor. Doesn't make any sense.

Slat armor would defeat their RPG. I don't see why we need a bigger sniper rifle. The .60 would be perfectly adequate at destroying enemy equipment like machine guns and mortars, and there are other more sustainable options for anti-armor, like our own shoulder-fired missile launcher.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 135