Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97113 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1928 Revision
« Reply #1065 on: August 09, 2015, 10:40:02 pm »

I vote to revise our radios into encrypted radios.
+1, but into encrypted perfectly man-portable radios.
Man portable is kinda a bonus we don't super need. It's already vehicle and squad deployable, and I'm not sure how hard encrypted radios will be so I don't want to split our focus.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1066 on: August 10, 2015, 12:14:30 am »

I vote to revise our radios into encrypted radios.
+1, but into encrypted perfectly man-portable radios.
+1

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 10, 2015, 02:18:18 am »

The cryptography war begins!

Your engineers work for a while devising an encrypted radio system, and decide that any means of encrypting and decrypting audio signals will require far too many vacuum tubes to implement in a portable machine, or even in a vehicle. However, they do come up with a solution:

Unnamed Radio Cypher: This radio device, instead of being used to transmit speech, issues and receives 26 discreet amplitudes on a given frequency. The amplitude broadcast is selected with a dial, and the amplitude received is is used to indicate a letter, using a fully circular meter which reads amplitude and is labeled with letters. When the dial, or meter, falls to zero after displaying a letter, it moves the paper indicator by an amount based on its highest position, like a rotary telephone dial. This means that the messages are bit more complex than a simple substitution. A communications officer must jot down each letter as he reads it. The letter indicators both on the dial and meter are pieces of card paper which can be changed, so that new substitutions can be issued to communications officers regularly in case a radio communicator falls into enemy hands.

It's not exactly the enigma machine, but it should stump Arstotzka for a good while. Assuming High Command remembers to keep issuing new cypher cards regularly. Also, you guys need to come up with a cool name for it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1928 Production
« Reply #1068 on: August 10, 2015, 02:55:46 am »

This is clearly the Gapperydude6 cypher.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 10, 2015, 02:58:06 am »

Confused Dashes, because this machine has no provision of, well, dashes, They can steal but never express their armaments correctly.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 10, 2015, 02:58:34 am »

Tiger's Whisper
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 10, 2015, 02:58:38 am »

The Bait-And-Switch?  :P
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 10, 2015, 04:14:03 am »

Tiger's Whisper
+1 from me.

And we need to remember to listen into their communications too, when possible.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 10, 2015, 06:00:54 pm »

I have an idea for next year: Permanent fortifications. Pillboxes,  bunkers and the like. This should make it almost impossible for the enemy to gain ground, as they are bullet proof and resistant to all but the largest caliber shelfs and bombs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1929 Design
« Reply #1074 on: August 10, 2015, 08:37:47 pm »

Alright, after taking a bit of a break, how far is Arstotska, and lets start selling the M3 Sorraia to the chinese and the british. Or just plain giving it to the latter. Still worth while.

Anyway, to me there's two things we need: Namely, a tougher tank, or a bigger tank cannon. We can also use a new AA gun and fighters, and possibly a new weapon to replace the model 1 rifle.

So, here's a few suggestions from me.

Model 28 Rifle
With the experience from the MK-47, develop a gas-operated, rotating bolt assault rifle, preferably in bullpup configuration. Developed with a new .28 round in mind to reduce the recoil while maintaining the killing power of the of the old .30 round it's derived from. The magazine should hold about 20 rounds (30 if we can.) in a double-column, dual-feed magazine. The new rifle should have a decent fire rate of around 600 RPM

Bombardier "Skykiller"
Using the same shell size as the old bombardier, this new AT-AA combo comes mounted on a larger, four-wheeled carriages for a greater traverse without needing to be towed, and able to aim high enough to swat their aircraft out with flak rounds, and low enough to make their tankers fear Moskurg's might HEAP rounds. Comes with a new reflector optics system to minimise the eye-strain while aiming, and the gun comes with a shield to protect the crew from anything short of a proper tank cannon from the front.

Model 4 'Yellowjacket' Fighter
Moskurg's first full-aluminium craft, using the designs for a fuel-injection system nicked from Arstotzka on a v12 petrol engine. Using six Sorraia MGs in the wings and a stallion modified to fire through the propeller shaft, and a radio system to ensure squadron cohesion. This time, however, this craft has low, and has an enclosed cockpit so as to allow the pilot to reach much higher altitudes without passing out, or falling to their doom.

M28 Grenades
Basically a hand-held HE grenades to basically flip the finger at Arstotzka's current monopoly. Built as a stock grenade with one explosive 'head', with the ability to strap other heads to increase the explosive power in exchange for a heavier grenade.

S2 Struunk II armoured car
A replacement for our venerable armoured car, the II is an essentially new vehicle. Using experience gained from all out recent automotive advancements, the Struunk II mounts a petrol engine using a fuel injector. Mounting sloped RHA armour enough to stop the 20mm autocannon on the front, and the 1.6 inch breaker cannon with a Sorraia as it's coaxial MG, the Struunk II is essentially meant to both one-up the Arstotzkan AC, whilst also replacing ours with a much more versatile and effective vehicle. Also coming with it is an independent suspension system and the near-flat undercarriage courtesy of the tiger's design: Which should mean it has more speed and manoeuvrability in rough terrain like sand or mud.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1075 on: August 10, 2015, 09:45:01 pm »

+1 to grenades. I suggest smoke variants as well.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 10, 2015, 09:47:22 pm »

The grenades seem like a good idea.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 10, 2015, 10:32:51 pm »

The grenades seem like a good idea.
Historically, grenades were surprisingly effective against tanks. Plus smoke variant.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 10, 2015, 10:47:56 pm »

Here I am. Not official enough to vote buut official enough to discuss
You guys like bandwagons.   

Model 28 Rifle
With the experience from the MK-47, develop a gas-operated, rotating bolt assault rifle, preferably in bullpup configuration. Developed with a new .28 round in mind to reduce the recoil while maintaining the killing power of the of the old .30 round it's derived from. The magazine should hold about 20 rounds (30 if we can.) in a double-column, dual-feed magazine. The new rifle should have a decent fire rate of around 600 RPM
You are doing it wrong here. Assault rifle cartridges are 2-3 times less powerful than ones used in old rifles. Also, we can keep 0.30 but make a shorter round

M28 Grenades
Basically a hand-held HE grenades to basically flip the finger at Arstotzka's current monopoly. Built as a stock grenade with one explosive 'head', with the ability to strap other heads to increase the explosive power in exchange for a heavier grenade.
IMO, Doing this is like saying - We are focusing on jungle front.

Model 4 'Yellowjacket' Fighter
Moskurg's first full-aluminium craft, using the designs for a fuel-injection system nicked from Arstotzka on a v12 petrol engine. Using six Sorraia MGs in the wings and a stallion modified to fire through the propeller shaft, and a radio system to ensure squadron cohesion. This time, however, this craft has low, and has an enclosed cockpit so as to allow the pilot to reach much higher altitudes without passing out, or falling to their doom.
Resource problems  make it a dubious choice

My vision of the situation: Our main problem is less resources than enemy. Ways to solve:

1) capture and hold mountains -1 for them, +1 for us
2) capture one point of plains (Why the hell you didn't focus on capturing it when you had a chance? I was sure that the war is decided) -2 to them
3) capture and hold jungles  +1 and potentially +2 for us
4) win the contract with communist china +1 for us for three turns
5) commerce raiding on their steamers (my design, hehe)  -1 for them

Grenades are good for #3, less useful on other fronts

#4 is a nice opportunity but we will likely lose to their RPG

Designing one more recoilless rifle, one with larger caliber, longer range and more powerful HE shells will help us in desert (BTW, it is good weapon to put on future armored car), in mountains (if we keep it light enough to be carried by a team of two) and give a chance to compete with their RPG for anti-emplacements weapon.

Another way is to combine #5 and #3 by creating a mobile wooden motorboat that can be used both in swamp part of jungles and along the coast to raid their cargo vessels.

Good assault rifle should help for #1 and #3 (but our problems in jungles are not worse small arms)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 10, 2015, 10:51:49 pm »

What about putting our current RR on Tiger trucks, and using them in hit and run fights, using dunes to escape their main line, drawing them into our tank forces in positions of our choosing?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 135