Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97077 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1927 Design
« Reply #1035 on: August 07, 2015, 01:07:11 am »

Anyway, here's what I got for the vote tally.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gentlemen, we could have stolen AP rounds.  We spent a #### design phase on something we could steal.
* Devastator facepalms

And it isn't going to do any good on the plains, as we are going to get bombed to hell.

Also, expense chit the tanks, as we might as well use the AP round for something, at least.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:10:28 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 07, 2015, 01:12:25 am »

As for orders, the goal in the plains is to give ground but try to avoid turning it into a route.  I mean to shove as many tanks up the jungle as we reasonably can, with the serious attempt to grab it this year.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:27:10 am by Devastator »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 07, 2015, 02:00:30 am »

Why you would want to steal AP rounds. We have something *much more* expedient that you will rather want to steal rather than design for a particular reason, remember?

Also, we are not designing high-impact AP rounds. We are designing shaped charges so our low velocity infantry support weapons can destroy tanks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:02:02 am by evilcherry »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 07, 2015, 02:08:59 am »

I would like to think that, but the people who voted for it were talking about tank rounds instead.  The three votes were all talking about tank and arty rounds, and +1ing each other.  I might disagree with them, but I'm not going to miscount votes to get my way.

..unless one of them would like to clarify their orders instead?  or switch to grenades?  please?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:11:49 am by Devastator »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 07, 2015, 02:20:59 am »

If we resolve the AP issue, camo is a given, whilst Devestator says that fired shaped charges are a pain to make. So, let's do a design phase on them. That should give us fireable shaped charge rounds for everything that can fire them.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 07, 2015, 02:28:16 am »

Change vote to a design for (in order) HEAT, APHE, and if possible, APDS rounds.

Also, for the sake of gravedigging, is there any support for a 1.5 in Autocannon?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:30:06 am by evilcherry »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 07, 2015, 06:55:18 am »

Only if such will not help us next turn.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 07, 2015, 07:02:53 am »

After reading about what shaped charges are, I think I'll change my vote towards them. Currently in the jungle, man portable AP is more important than tank AP. And the shaped charges can work as tank Ap as well.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:53:03 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 09, 2015, 03:41:04 am »

Ammo it is! Your engineers set about developing the best armor-piercing shells they can.

Armor-Piercing Shell: Hardened steel alloy, which deforms less than lead when hitting armor. Can be manufactured for .30 caliber and up.

Armor-Piercing High Explosive (APHE): Armor-piercing shells, with explosives in the rear. The explosives detonate on impact, adding force to the round.

Shaped Explosive: A hemisphere of explosives, in a hemispherical metal container, with a hemispherical empty space inside. Can be placed on an enemy tank by particularly brave soldiers.

Experiments with flying shaped explosives have so far proven ineffective.

I'll go ahead and do your revision too, it looks like the votes are all in place.

Camouflage: The new 1927 uniform includes drab colors, olive, beige and grey, to blend in with different environments. Jingling metal belts and clips are replaced with quiet ones. Your vehicles are bedecked in similar colors, with reasonably-sized flags painted on the side. However, High Command insists that officers retain their blue uniforms with silver capes and big hats, so that soldiers will know their commanders.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1927 Production
« Reply #1044 on: August 09, 2015, 04:01:40 am »

rip our officers, basically

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 09, 2015, 04:54:11 am »

Orders:  The shiniest and finest officer uniforms should be worn by our tank and air commanders - who can sit unobtrusively in their vehicles, thank you very much.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 09, 2015, 06:07:53 am »

Orders:  The shiniest and finest officer uniforms should be worn by our tank and air commanders - who can sit unobtrusively in their vehicles, thank you very much.
In keeping with Moskurg tradition, our commanders should be placed within vehicles. NCOs are, by definition, not commanders, so they should only be identified by a different camouflage.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1928 Design
« Reply #1047 on: August 09, 2015, 06:12:00 am »

Looks like that's it, then.  Surrender?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 09, 2015, 06:15:27 am »

Looks like that's it, then.  Surrender?
Moskurg High Command would like to gently remind you that any further use of the S-word may result in a court marshal.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 09, 2015, 06:27:02 am »

With our resource woes taken care of, we should be able to start pushing forwards now.

Anyone think we should try to invent a proper sniper rifle? Also, Sensei, is developing encrypted radios a design action or a revision action?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 135