Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158889 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Revision
« Reply #3195 on: September 11, 2015, 07:11:19 pm »

I thought it was, up to 2 missing resources it is expensive, up to 4 very expensive and beyond a national project. If we can build more than one... that is very very silly and very very wonderful.
If something costs 1 more resource than we have it's Expensive. If something costs 3 more resources than we have it's Very Expensive. If something costs 6 more resources than we have it's a National Effort. The thing costs 5 more resources than we have and it's not complex so it'll only be Very Expensive.

Glory to Arstotzka
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:13:31 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: September 11, 2015, 07:27:00 pm »

Do I have the permission to break into a maniacal evil laughter at our portable air field, which we can produce in huge numbers? ( huge relative to it being a portable air field on rails. I think 2 would count already)
Thinking about it, it might have been useful to add some oil to the design. moving 2 resource cost to oil would mean it stays very expensive even after we lose nazi ore.

I must admit, I am baffled that it actually works.
And their ore shortage and our superior fighters overcome one disadvantage of such designs, which is weakness to air attacks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: September 11, 2015, 07:39:16 pm »

Okay what if we gave the armored troops high powered mini scooters for faster movement?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: September 11, 2015, 08:34:35 pm »

Okay what if we gave the armored troops high powered mini scooters for faster movement?

We need Motor Bike Knights!

Issues the modified the armour to motor bike squads.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: September 11, 2015, 09:11:53 pm »

We already did a silly thing this turn. Let's just get the body armour to metric, yes?

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: September 12, 2015, 02:49:21 am »

IP-IA35: The stolen Tiger Infantry Armor is converted to metric measurements, though its manufacture is still Complex. Costs 3 ore, or 2 for just the breast.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production
« Reply #3201 on: September 12, 2015, 03:06:06 am »

Use our Expense credit on the IA35 breastplate and helmet.

Submit our SP30.

Get our crews to start wearing flak jackets if they aren't already.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 03:55:02 am by Andres »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: September 12, 2015, 04:15:58 am »

Flak jackets should already be part of our uniform.
I agree on our hangun submission.

-1 on the expense credit on armor. I don't think we need it cheap. Even the breastplate is likely heavy. We just need a few armored squads, not armor for the whole army  at least until we get  an APC or IFV to ferry our soldiers around.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: September 12, 2015, 04:39:39 am »

Maybe on the T33?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: September 12, 2015, 04:43:57 am »

-1 on the expense credit on armor. I don't think we need it cheap. Even the breastplate is likely heavy. We just need a few armored squads, not armor for the whole army  at least until we get  an APC or IFV to ferry our soldiers around.
We'll be able to see if having a breastplate is a net positive or negative to ordinary soldiers by applying the Expense credit. Even if it's a net negative, our soldiers will simply stop using it mid-year. There's no risk and plenty of potential reward.

Maybe on the T33?
The T33 will become cheaper from the Nazi Ore we're getting. Using the credit on the T33 will make it cheap.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3205 on: September 12, 2015, 05:02:41 am »

>use the expense credit on the ASARAC.
We'll flood them in ridiculous!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: September 12, 2015, 05:03:44 am »

>use the expense credit on the ASARAC.
We'll flood them in ridiculous!

Glory to Arstotzka.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: September 12, 2015, 05:14:10 am »

-1: Not wasting an expense credit to hide the fact that your revision proposal was sh*t and didn't make it cheaper.

Submit our SP30.
+1

Glory to Arstotzka.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: September 12, 2015, 05:24:56 am »

-1: Not wasting an expense credit to hide the fact that your revision proposal was sh*t and didn't make it cheaper.
The revision was to make it in metric and it most certainly made it cheaper. The breastplate idea wasn't to make it cheaper. It was to allow the bulk of our troops to have increased ballistic protection without compromising mobility as much. There's no need to be so hostile. Besides, what else are we gonna use the Expense credit on?

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:26:30 am by Andres »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: September 12, 2015, 05:37:15 am »

the revision did indeed make the armor cheaper, taking it down to merely expensive.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 217