Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158894 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Design
« Reply #3180 on: September 11, 2015, 04:57:40 pm »

No! Underslung grenade launcher!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: September 11, 2015, 05:00:48 pm »

come on, we have basically won. lets make at least one awesome but not practical design!

edit: for the landcruiser airport we have me, sheb and... maybe funk? who votes for the grenade launcher? (besides sane and boring people :P )
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 05:05:31 pm by andrea »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: September 11, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »

come on, we have basically won. lets make at least one awesome but not practical design!
If we wanted to do that, we should go with a V1 rocket. But honestly, I just want to finally capture Moskurg. I don't want us to get pushed back after all we've gone through just because we wanted to play around with useless crap.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3183 on: September 11, 2015, 05:20:28 pm »

I vote for the train, just becuase someone called it useless crap.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: September 11, 2015, 05:32:25 pm »

+1 to the Land Train
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: September 11, 2015, 06:21:41 pm »

-AS-ARAC-35: The ARAC is a mobile runway, carried by coal train on more than 30 consecutive train cars, which unfold their top armor into a runway long and wide enough for a HAFB to land, be drawn back by a winch and cable (as it cannot taxi), then take off after being refueled and rearmed. The runway panels are supported by jacks on either side and take about a day to setup or pack away. The process takes about forty minutes, limiting the amount of traffic that can use the runway. The train also requires a sufficiently flat and straight railway to be useful as a runway. This often constitutes make a special track, but is easier than building a runway. There is a good section of track in the central desert, east desert, and plains. There is currently no system to move aircraft from the runway to the ground and back. The runways can land a few planes and take them off in order, which park on the ends of the runway, but far less than a normal runway could store. Costs 10 ore.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: September 11, 2015, 06:23:51 pm »

-AS-ARAC-35: The ARAC is a mobile runway, carried by coal train on more than 30 consecutive train cars, which unfold their top armor into a runway long and wide enough for a HAFB to land, be drawn back by a winch and cable (as it cannot taxi), then take off after being refueled and rearmed. The runway panels are supported by jacks on either side and take about a day to setup or pack away. The process takes about forty minutes, limiting the amount of traffic that can use the runway. The train also requires a sufficiently flat and straight railway to be useful as a runway. This often constitutes make a special track, but is easier than building a runway. There is a good section of track in the central desert, east desert, and plains. There is currently no system to move aircraft from the runway to the ground and back. The runways can land a few planes and take them off in order, which park on the ends of the runway, but far less than a normal runway could store. Costs 10 ore.

Add anti aircraft guns!

Or land train? nah.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Revision
« Reply #3187 on: September 11, 2015, 06:25:13 pm »

Revise the body armour to metric.

Glory to Arstotzka.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 11, 2015, 06:45:52 pm »

that is just 5 ore above what we have. We can actually field one.

Next turn is going to be positively ridiculous.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: September 11, 2015, 06:48:09 pm »

Did we not get ore from Germany?  That should put us at 6?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 11, 2015, 06:48:58 pm »

that is just 5 ore above what we have. We can actually field one.

Next turn is going to be positively ridiculous.
No no, if it was above 6 Ore we could field one, since it's a National Effort. Since it's only 5 resources above, it's Very Expensive. We can field multiple of the things.

Did we not get ore from Germany?  That should put us at 6?

That puts us at 5. We get 2 Ore from home, 1 Ore from the Mountains, and 1 Ore from the Plains.

Glory to Arstotzka.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: September 11, 2015, 06:56:00 pm »

Can we modify the armor to be metric and have more maneuverability on the legs to allow both crouching and riding in motorcycles?

I am imagining our soldiers armored like knights riding motorcycles across the battlefield.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: September 11, 2015, 06:57:21 pm »

Can you guys support the secret production order I sent to Sensei? I have a feeling it would greatly improve our ability to fight the war.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: September 11, 2015, 06:58:28 pm »

Can you guys support the secret production order I sent to Sensei? I have a feeling it would greatly improve our ability to fight the war.

Does it involve painting the train in red and gold?  I support that!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: September 11, 2015, 07:09:17 pm »

I thought it was, up to 2 missing resources it is expensive, up to 4 very expensive and beyond a national project. If we can build more than one... that is very very silly and very very wonderful.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 217