Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159093 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1934 Production
« Reply #3105 on: September 10, 2015, 07:25:46 am »

on open ground, APC support should help. That doesn't solve problems in the bunkers however.

the one thing that seems to work is their horsekiller, so we might want an anti materiel rifle. Or a rocket rifle.

I did just propose an anti-materiel rifle. Look on the last page :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: September 10, 2015, 07:27:22 am »

I know, I checked that same post for the spelling of materiel ( why are you so similar to material?) . I was just endorsing that line of thought.

anyway, considering the lack of mobility , that armor is a defensive weapon. It can stall us, but it won't be that useful while advancing.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: September 10, 2015, 07:28:33 am »

I know, I checked that same post for the spelling of materiel ( why are you so similar to material?) . I was just endorsing that line of thought.

anyway, considering the lack of mobility , that armor is a defensive weapon. It can stall us, but it won't be that useful while advancing.

True, unless it gets into close quaters(like with jungle and such) which can turn into a bit of an issue. Of course, we do have abundant RPGs for that...

Speaking of: All soldiers in the jungle are to engage Tiger-Armor wearing stormtroopers with RPGs loaded with our AT round, with covering fire provided by other squad members.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: September 10, 2015, 07:35:03 am »

the anti tank round? wouldn't a simple high explosive be enough? concussive shock will kill just fine, we don't really need to pierce a fist sized hole in their chest.
Although that would be devastating to their propaganda and I am not sure what kind of warheads we have anyway.

Still, an HEAT round will have problems hitting a target as small as an infantryman

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: September 10, 2015, 07:35:34 am »

We could make a caseless grenade launcher that is totally not a GP-34 designed to be attached to our totally not a AK-47...

And then use larger ones on EVERYTHING.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: September 10, 2015, 07:59:18 am »

We could make a caseless grenade launcher that is totally not a GP-34 designed to be attached to our totally not a AK-47...

And then use larger ones on EVERYTHING.

We might wanna go for more a M203 approach with a case, but I like this idea. In fact, I'm now regretting not adding a bottom rail to the gun :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: September 10, 2015, 08:06:00 am »

As an alternative to an AM rifle or a 1960s grenade launcher, we could try going for a 12.7mm HMG. They'd serve better than our 1910 and 1924 for vehicles and emplacements, plus it would be capable of piercing the enemy's body armour, assuming AP rounds are used.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: September 10, 2015, 08:22:34 am »

As an alternative to an AM rifle or a 1960s grenade launcher, we could try going for a 12.7mm HMG. They'd serve better than our 1910 and 1924 for vehicles and emplacements, plus it would be capable of piercing the enemy's body armour, assuming AP rounds are used.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Heh, I had the idea to get the AM rifle using a 12x100mm cartridge, then revise our 1910 to an HMG using said cartridge. I mean, there's plenty of AM rifles that use the .50 bmg the M2 uses, so why not the other way around? :P

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: September 10, 2015, 09:00:40 am »

Glory to Arstotzka.

Heh, I had the idea to get the AM rifle using a 12x100mm cartridge, then revise our 1910 to an HMG using said cartridge. I mean, there's plenty of AM rifles that use the .50 bmg the M2 uses, so why not the other way around? :P
Lets go bigger 15 x 120mm over twice the power and greater range.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: September 10, 2015, 09:49:51 am »

Glory to Arstotzka.

Lets go bigger 15 x 120mm over twice the power and greater range.

at that point we should just use our existing 20x100mm cartridge for an AM rifle. Keep in mind you have to cart the fuching thing around, so going with a smallish round means you can design something a soldier actually can carry.

Seriously Funk, all your ideas are things that are massively impractical and only suggested because they are "cool". Can you think your design through for once? For example, think on how big a rifle firing 15x120mm would need to be to handle the recoil forces even with a muzzle brake, and think how he'll have to transport the fucking thing.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: September 10, 2015, 10:21:09 am »

Seriously Funk, all your ideas are things that are massively impractical and only suggested because they are "cool". Can you think your design through for once? For example, think on how big a rifle firing 15x120mm would need to be to handle the recoil forces even with a muzzle brake, and think how he'll have to transport the fucking thing.
I've given practical designs, the assault rife was me fluffing up with the ammo, i should of accounted for .357 magnum being based on back powder cartridge.
The pistol while on the large side was based of the full auto models Mauser C96.
The chemical warfare uniform is totally practical.
The War Emergency Power system is just a turbo waste lock and totally practical.
Most of the time i use a real design and change it a bit, like with this 15x 120mm round i've just stretched the Russian 14.5×114mm a little.
It would be just a little bit bigger than this or this.
Yes it will be big gun but i project around 25kg tops, and they can be broken down in to parts for transport if need be.
We could even make a machine gun in 15mm see KPV heavy machine gun
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: September 10, 2015, 10:46:21 am »

I don't think we have to be afraid of weigh, things all seems to be lighter in Forenia, like our T-15 that could move at over 15 kph, or their RR who was a fifth of the weight of real-life model it was based on, or their armor which can stop full rifle AP cartridge and still let its wearer run.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: September 10, 2015, 11:26:23 am »

I was under the impression our armoured soldiers were limited to jogging, but I do see where you're coming from.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: September 10, 2015, 11:34:07 am »

It is also explicitly described as tiring and constraining on movements.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: September 10, 2015, 01:28:49 pm »

We could make an updated shotgun with multiple rounds, more accuracy and a solid slug ammo type (or whatever type would penetrate armor more).
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 217