Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159520 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1928 Production
« Reply #2040 on: August 10, 2015, 06:24:31 pm »

My primary problem that is that the ability to move seems quite essential for our infantry.
We don't necessarily have to apply it to all our infantry. Giving it to those who don't move much would be enough.

Soldiers who may find it useful:
MV21 crew (both gunners and driver)
T25 gunner (armour might be too hot for inside crewmembers, maybe)
MAT26 crewmembers
All aircraft pilots
Shock troops
Low-mobility infantry (like those who'll be clearing buildings in urban environments)
Snipers
Heavy machine gunners
Motorcycle riders and gunners

indeed. A better solution to the problem of fighting in the cities would be removing the cities.

How does a 3000 mm artillery piece sound to you?
A 3 metre artillery piece is insane. Absolutely insane. No one has ever built a 3 metre artillery piece. Rail artillery was about a tenth of that and they proved hugely impractical.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1928 Production
« Reply #2041 on: August 10, 2015, 06:28:03 pm »

I hope you added a zero to much to that.

nope. I did say I wanted to remove cities. lets outdo the barrel size obsessed germans.

Actually, lets outdo the gun nuts of Jules verne's "from the earth to the moon". lets make a 20 m cannon!
aiming that might be troublesome...

edit: in case it is not clear, this is meant in jest.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1929 Design
« Reply #2042 on: August 10, 2015, 06:38:12 pm »

Anyway :

Update.

We're now losing in the mountains, and held at bay in both desert and Jungle.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 10, 2015, 06:41:21 pm »

Communication and snipers are what's killing us this time around. We'll need to use our Design phase to design a scope for our Nosins and our Revision for an encrypter.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 10, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »

priorities: make our communications safe again ( this one is BIG) and counter their snipers.

edit: ninja

Still. why design a scope for the mosin, when we can design a whole new sniper rifle? I am sure there is room for improvement.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 10, 2015, 06:44:06 pm »

I'm not sure we can design a new gun and a scope in the same turn. Sensei said we needed a full Design phase to design a scope.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2046 on: August 10, 2015, 06:44:30 pm »

Fuck, they actually fight back, who would have thought.
We need artillery, radio that they can't listen to and something to kill snipers. Also do something against their scopes on everything
Fast.
Let's throw our cheap MG on Chinese or, alternatively, give RPG to Commies (dunno if we need more ore) and shove the same thing on Brits.

DADADADA NEW POST NEW POST CAN I TURN THIS THING OFF

EDIT:
What protects against snipers good? Is it snipers or, dunno, more tanks?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 10, 2015, 06:45:23 pm »

I'm not sure we can design a new gun and a scope in the same turn. Sensei said we needed a full Design phase to design a scope.
Sensei explicitedly said that a scope can be part of a weapon design.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2048 on: August 10, 2015, 06:46:32 pm »

Scoped assault rifles.
I'm actually in favour this time.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 10, 2015, 06:48:11 pm »

He did? Well, herere comes a big ol' sniper weapon!

Editing this post. Dont noone ninja me with one. Particularly not a sissy 12.7mm gun.

Also: Dang ninja

-Edit-

Spoiler: AS-AMR-29 (click to show/hide)

While this weapon will be of low use in urban and jungle fighting, on the desert and in the mountains it should prove useful. And yes, it is rather heavy, but it does keep us from needing to get a new round, is not the most insane anti-material rifle out there (theres one firing 20x105mm, aswell as the various semi automatic and automatic 20x~mm AT rifles). And, hey. Telescopic sights.

Also, I cant say I am not somewhat irked that they beat us to optics.

Also, what do we want to do for the Chinese? Supply the communists, and cement our reputation with the Russians (and then ruin it by stealing a spy) or go with the nationalists and get in the good graces of 'Murica?

Oh, and can we reverse engineer their code machines? Make our owh copies, supplied with their own keys? Or should we just hand out one-time pads to everyone with a radio, each individualized?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:58:39 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 10, 2015, 06:49:27 pm »

scoped assault rifle is a bad idea. Too many potential failures.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: August 10, 2015, 06:50:01 pm »

Isn't that contradictory? I though assault rifles were close to medium range thingies.

On that note, we don't need to be reactionary. We can innovate on our own with a different design not relevant to any of these threats.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2052 on: August 10, 2015, 06:52:16 pm »

Isn't that contradictory? I though assault rifles were close to medium range thingies.

On that note, we don't need to be reactionary. We can innovate on our own with a different design not relevant to any of these threats.
Germans had scoped Stg44s. They were damn good at longer distance with scope, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 10, 2015, 06:53:56 pm »

Sensei explicitedly said that a scope can be part of a weapon design.
Excellent.

Desing the AS-SR29.
Spoiler: AS-SR29 (click to show/hide)

scoped assault rifle is a bad idea. Too many potential failures.
Exactly. Assault rifle aren't even accurate enough to put a scope on.

I think we kinda do need to be reactionary, at least when it comes to sniper rifles.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 10, 2015, 06:55:41 pm »

Well, very I must say it is a very meh turn. We lost one point in mountains, our situation in desert is not that good.

If you ask me I prefer to focus on jungles in attempt to trade that 1 ore in mountains for 1 ore\1oil in jungles and so I want jungle focused weapon After all their scopes are useless in jungles. Yes, they will get +1 in ore, but we can get +1 in oil.

Stuff to achieve jungle dominance

AS-AR29, 6mm*36mm full automatic rifle - to negate their infantry advantage.
AS-GB29 - motor gunboat armed with a turret taken from T25 and capable to carry marine infantry.
Spoiler: AS-FP-29 (click to show/hide)
- bringing airforce to jungles

I think there are more.

Revisions:
Make that cheap SMG
Create floatplane variants of current aircrafts
Encode our radios

As for holding mountains....
I think that there other ways to counter that scopes if we choose this route. No need to counter their advantages with exact copy.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 217