Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159348 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Revision
« Reply #1815 on: August 08, 2015, 10:58:08 am »

i have a hardon over carbines
Hey, I just got an idea... we have our AS-F14A rifle which is said to be available in carbine version. Revise the carbine one to include auto-fire and possibly a smaller cartridge (the 9mm one?).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 08, 2015, 12:13:54 pm »

But then we have built another SMG.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 08, 2015, 06:06:55 pm »

i have a hardon over carbines
Hey, I just got an idea... we have our AS-F14A rifle which is said to be available in carbine version. Revise the carbine one to include auto-fire and possibly a smaller cartridge (the 9mm one?).
I'm not sure it's possible to just get an existing weapon and "make it full-auto" in a revision, especially if we're changing the cartridge size. Moreover, the F14A Carbine is a carbine version of the battle rifle. I'm guessing that makes it around as big as an assault rifle, but I'm not sure.

But then we have built another SMG.

We'd either be making an assault rifle or an assault rifle carbine, so not an SMG.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: August 08, 2015, 06:10:03 pm »

If we change it's ammo to 9mm then it's a SMG, if we leave it's ammo alone then it's a shortish Battle Rifle.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: August 08, 2015, 06:11:59 pm »

If it's gonna be an assault rifle it should be some kind of 7.62mm, while if it's an assault carbine it should be 5.56mm. 9mm pistol rounds are a bit too small.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: August 08, 2015, 06:32:12 pm »

Assault rifles use intermediate size cartridges, Battle rifles use full-power rifle cartridges and Submachine guns use pistol cartridges.

Now any assault rifle we will need a intermediate size cartridge, im for 10x35mm as that's nice round number.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: August 08, 2015, 06:38:10 pm »

10X35 is comparable to 7.62X54. It is  not an intermediate round
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 08, 2015, 07:49:06 pm »

10X35 is comparable to 7.62X54. It is not an intermediate round
I've found the source of the problem i was up scaling .357 Magnum to an intermediate round.
But  .357 Magnum is based on .38 Special and that is sized to use old backpower loads which are less powerfull and need more space for the same power.

Stated it up with a few guess's.
Spoiler: 10x35mm (click to show/hide)
Energy 1806 joules

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: August 08, 2015, 08:00:39 pm »

Apologies for how long it is... Think of how bad it was before I spoilered it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:04:50 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 08, 2015, 09:01:48 pm »

I assumed people knew the cartridges I was talking about were of an appropriate length for the gun I was talking about at the time. For example, when I talked about 7.62mm for an assault rifle, I would've thought people would guess I meant a 7.62mm round with a length appropriate for an assault rifle rather than a battle rifle.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: August 08, 2015, 09:30:24 pm »

Why should we use imperial 0.3 inches size? :)
I want 6X36mm bullet.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: August 08, 2015, 10:39:06 pm »

I assumed people knew the cartridges I was talking about were of an appropriate length for the gun I was talking about at the time. For example, when I talked about 7.62mm for an assault rifle, I would've thought people would guess I meant a 7.62mm round with a length appropriate for an assault rifle rather than a battle rifle.
Ever hear the saying "Assuming makes an ass of you and me"? In any online thing, particularly things like this, where being vague can lead to disaster, its good to never assume anything.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: August 08, 2015, 10:41:14 pm »

Good point. I'll try to be more clear about cartridge sizes in the future.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 09, 2015, 03:52:20 am »

IP-R25: This is based off of stolen liberated designs for the Moskurg Model 3 Radio. Like the Model 3, it is an Expensive vacuum-tube audio-transmitting radio with consists of the 14-kilogram radio itself and an equally large box of batteries. To move, it needs to be carried by two men, but can be set up for use relatively quickly. It can also fit in most vehicles without affecting performance (or take up the entire sidecar on an M17 bike).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Production
« Reply #1829 on: August 09, 2015, 04:06:13 am »

Our M17s can use it? Excellent. That'll be quite useful for scouting.

Fit the IP-R25 in most vehicles.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Use the Expense credit on our tanks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:19:56 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 217