Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158926 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Design
« Reply #1635 on: August 06, 2015, 11:39:30 am »

Minengeschoß?

Technically, I suppose we could do it, given that we have more than enough high quality material.
Close but this is what i meant the Stielgranate 41

Waht would be the advantage of a rifle grenade for the 20mm over our mortar? Are autocannon rifle grenade even a thing?
In short a 20mm round can fire a larger grenade further, the down side is some one has to get out of cover and fit the next grenade.   
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 06, 2015, 11:42:56 am »

Spoiler: AS-R27 (click to show/hide)
+1, think about about it if we have the naval advantage we could use these to bomb there cities from the sea.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 06, 2015, 11:48:16 am »

is it possible to at least try to get a shaped charge out of the design?

and if the rockets were portable, it would be great. Unlike artillery shells, all you need to fire a rocket is  rail, and those can be man portable. 12cm*2m ( is that the size proposed) might be too heavy.
hm. I am not totally opposed to the idea, and the experience we would get IS valuable. I am just not convinced we need it now.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1638 on: August 06, 2015, 11:52:18 am »

In short a 20mm round can fire a larger grenade further, the down side is some one has to get out of cover and fit the next grenade.   
This is a horrible downside, considering it's an autocannon. Also it has no trouble dealing with anything they throw at us, except the heavy tank, and we can deal with heavy tank using planes because Moskurg sucks at AA. Maybe, if we don't think of anything better, but doesn't seem to be a piority.
is it possible to at least try to get a shaped charge out of the design?

and if the rockets were portable, it would be great. Unlike artillery shells, all you need to fire a rocket is  rail, and those can be man portable. 12cm*2m ( is that the size proposed) might be too heavy.
hm. I am not totally opposed to the idea, and the experience we would get IS valuable. I am just not convinced we need it now.
I though about it before and even proposed it, but everyone seems to just ignore me.
EDIT: The rocket would have to be smaller A LOT. 8cm*2m rocket I proposed would weight around 30 kgs, and 12cm one based on Katyusha, despite proably being a lot shorter (~1m) would weight around 40-50kgs. And the ones used in RPG-7 weight from 2kgs to 4,5kgs, with the launcher itself being 7kgs.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:00:51 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 06, 2015, 12:01:26 pm »

so, not man portable at all.

I would vote for it over the conventional artillery if it came to it, if only for the technology we get.

but I owuld still prefer something that our men can carry in the mountains and use in the jungles.

Besides, in terms of difficulty... is this actually any easier than an infantry RPG?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 06, 2015, 12:04:37 pm »

Minengeschoß?

Technically, I suppose we could do it, given that we have more than enough high quality material.
Close but this is what i meant the Stielgranate 41
We have no enemy armor to penetrate with it.

This game is not about proposing fancy stuff. this game is about proposing something that we need

Speaking about rocket launcher to get experience in rockets... Getting advanced tech is overrated when enemy has 50% chance to get it next turn for free. We spent what, 4 actions to get cheap fuel injectors? Now that seem like a huge waste. It is reason why I think that designing anything for future techs... is rather useless as it gives no advantage
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 06, 2015, 12:07:46 pm »

the reson I would vote for a rocket artillery over conventional artillery if it came to that, is because what I actually want ( and am voting for) is an RPG to let our infantry deal with enemy armor. of these 2 choices, the one closer to my goals is rockets.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 06, 2015, 12:14:18 pm »

Why are we so focused on that RPG anyway?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 06, 2015, 12:16:41 pm »

Yeah, their armour is not that advanced. To be honest I find it amusing that neither side uses molotovs because of game mechanics :D

Who will spend a design action on "creating" a molotov?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 06, 2015, 12:21:33 pm »

what I really want is an anti tank gun for the mountains, and wanted to exploit our solid propellant experience ( it is on tech list). I am equally happy with something like their rhino, if it gets shells able to pierce their armor ( their shells have big trouble piercing our)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1645 on: August 06, 2015, 12:22:47 pm »

Man portable rocket launcher.
Spoiler: AS-RW88 (click to show/hide)

Yeah, their armour is not that advanced. To be honest I find it amusing that neither side uses molotovs because of game mechanics :D

Who will spend a design action on "creating" a molotov?
New cutting-edge weaponry that we waited for so long has arrived to frontlines Comrades! It is an... vodka bottle with rag?
Also, dunno, some people focus on RPGs, I really just want rocket artillery so we can sign Arstotzkan version of Katyusha while drinking vodka in a tent, because it's raining Moskurgian blood.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 06, 2015, 12:26:28 pm »

there already was a design above, although your seems to be more accurate.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 06, 2015, 12:29:28 pm »

On the other hand, if we design a grenade maybe we can argue that all the different ammo types we have can be applied to it, including incendiary?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 06, 2015, 12:31:35 pm »

You know... how we didn't think about it earlier? It is a boring but practical thing we should have done a decade ago.

My new vote
Design throwing weapons for our infantry: Shrapnel hand grenades, AT grenades, Molotovs, smoke grenades

Simple and efficient weapon to get an edge in close quarters fighting

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 06, 2015, 12:34:17 pm »

AP grenade: A solid core of steel thrown really fast by our men. Arstotzka STRONK!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 217