Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158971 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Design
« Reply #1620 on: August 06, 2015, 10:42:14 am »

actually, I thought about that as well.
But then concluded that we can't possibly give it a big enough payload to fight their armor, we can't armor it enough to stand machinegun fire. We can use it as a scout, but we lack the radio to make proper use ( and see again the machineguns).

Honestly, I am not sure it would be of much usefulness to our army. Historically, it was used for surveillance and anti submarine warfare. considering our current lack of radio and the enemy lack of any sea vessel whatsoever...

@Aseaheru
that is an awful lot of designs... and I think most of those have something like one vote each?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 06, 2015, 10:44:29 am »

I don't think you should call that troop carrier nearly unarmored. It's light armor thorough, that's thicker than the old enemy tank.

I really don't see the obsession with the rocket launchers. We don't need them. We can take out the enemy tanks easily. Sure they are a problem in the mountains, but not the only problem. The enemy gets everything on their mountain mine. We're not getting through that easily.

Voting for the artillery

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1622 on: August 06, 2015, 10:48:45 am »

We can use it as a scout, but we lack the radio to make proper use ( and see again the machineguns). Honestly, I am not sure it would be of much usefulness to our army. Historically, it was used for surveillance and anti submarine warfare. considering our current lack of radio and the enemy lack of any sea vessel whatsoever...
Auto-gyro is more complicated, expensive and generally shitty compared to scout planes. We should make a knock-off German Storch (even if it doesn't exist yet) or something if anything, as the thing is better in everything than Auto-Gyro (maybe the takeoff is a bit longer, but not by much).
At this point I am thinking we should get the arty.
We got 80mm mortar and 80mm artillery cannon, we don't really need more regular arty right now (Also you forgot about magnetic mines, this idea was better than auto-gyro, come on! ;_; ), but we could use rocket artillery, since it's more portable and we have everything we would need to make one.

In terms of AT rocket launcher, I'm thinking of multi-purpose rocket-rifle-grenade bastard, but I'm trying to think about actual implementation of that.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:51:07 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 06, 2015, 10:53:55 am »

At this point I am thinking we should get the arty.
We got 80mm mortar and 80mm artillery cannon, we don't really need more regular arty right now (Also you forgot about magnetic mines, this idea was better than auto-gyro, come on! ;_; ), but we could use rocket artillery, since it's more portable and we have everything we would need to make one.

In terms of AT rocket launcher, I'm thinking of multi-purpose rocket-rifle-grenade bastard, but I'm trying to think about actual implementation of that.

Both our mortar and our artillery are now more than a decade old, which can be easily seen. The Moskurgian artillery can fire faster, farther and with greater power than ours, and we will suffer from that, once they succeed in deploying more than a dozen.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:26 am »

Ah, what the hell, arty ho!(we can get shaped charges for our mines)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1625 on: August 06, 2015, 10:59:30 am »

Both our mortar and our artillery are now more than a decade old, which can be easily seen. The Moskurgian artillery can fire faster, farther and with greater power than ours, and we will suffer from that, once they succeed in deploying more than a dozen.
Rocket artillery it is then, it fires much faster than regular one, it's power can be augmented by use of incendiary rockets and such, and while range might be a problem, we don't exactly know what to point it at besides the frontline.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 06, 2015, 11:01:48 am »

if we are developing artillery, but we aren't really suffering much from it. next turn their advantage is negated by not having ore. It is true that they have their everything in the mountains, but much of that everything gets severly diminished for a turn due to the ore shortage. It is the best time we could have to make a push, and their tanks are the only thing that will be truly a problem.

heck, at least vote for the assault rifle, it would help in the jungles. Plains isn't likely to be that big of a problem.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1627 on: August 06, 2015, 11:03:59 am »

if we are developing artillery, but we aren't really suffering much from it. next turn their advantage is negated by not having ore. It is true that they have their everything in the mountains, but much of that everything gets severly diminished for a turn due to the ore shortage. It is the best time we could have to make a push, and their tanks are the only thing that will be truly a problem.

heck, at least vote for the assault rifle, it would help in the jungles. Plains isn't likely to be that big of a problem.
Make rocket artillery, shower their lines with fire, clean up, repeat. Bonus points if we manage to use it as AT weapon at close ranges.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 06, 2015, 11:08:00 am »

Oh, yeah, Katyusha would be great. We already have a truck, and we could devellop all kind of neat technologies.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 06, 2015, 11:13:37 am »

Spoiler: AS-RG27 (click to show/hide)
A grenade for our 20mm auto cannon would be able to easily carry a kilo or more explosive and fill in for light artillery.
(In WW2 the Germans made large rifle grenade for one of there antitank guns any one know what it was called?)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 06, 2015, 11:20:55 am »

Waht would be the advantage of a rifle grenade for the 20mm over our mortar? Are autocannon rifle grenade even a thing?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 06, 2015, 11:21:20 am »

Minengeschoß?

Technically, I suppose we could do it, given that we have more than enough high quality material.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 06, 2015, 11:23:49 am »

main advantage would be accuracy.
and we can't fit a grenade in our autocannon without modifications.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1633 on: August 06, 2015, 11:25:09 am »

It explains itself. The flare thing could be used as the last round in barrage, for lighting up exploded enemy positions as we charge, and we could make flak rockets for this thing (Brits used AA rocket launchers on their ships).
Also, Minengeshoss were regular rounds, just with bigger charge.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 06, 2015, 11:30:40 am »

Spoiler: AS-R27 (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 217