Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158836 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1926 Production
« Reply #1560 on: August 06, 2015, 03:04:11 am »

UR, I should note that their tank is also very expensive ( due to resources alone, so no chance of them reducing cost).

this means we are even matched in tanks ( designs are similar enough), while we have an awful lot of anti tank weapons around ( our tank destroyer). Shouldn't that be enough to holdthe plains? we could save the expense credit to match their possible credit last turn. Their advance was fueled by armor, and we just negated that.

edit: tryrar, curse you. I can't stop thinking of what they have.

...Sorry about that. I really, REALLY should wait until we're at least in production before making quips about what they did, and probably only in the OOC thread to really avoid any hint of metagaming. (I really didn't mean anything by that, I was kinda making ajoke based off of what someone said. My bad). I do say I don't let reading all the threads really affect my decisions, I just go off of what I want to do this turn and what we have and don't have. Again, sorry  :-[

Edit: I think since we at least match their tanks now(especially supported by TDs), we should instead either save the expense credit or use it one one of our aircraft(no preference which, since they actually now cost about the same)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:17:03 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 06, 2015, 03:10:26 am »

if you think it doesn't affect your opinions, I think you are a bit of a fool.

besides, you should stop reading their current turn entirely, so that we can resume complaining about them doing that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 06, 2015, 03:16:44 am »

We have three options for what we should use the Expense credit.

1. Use the Expense credit to get Wunderwaffe SMGs again. They'll probably be revising their assault rifle and this'll let us hold the line until we can develop our own.

2. Use the Expense credit on our tanks. This'll let us handily outnumber their own tanks and probably push them back in the Desert. Unfortunately, their large artillery may be enough to blunt this armoured offensive. Probably won't be able to blitzkrieg.

3. Use the Expense credit on our bombers. Getting three times as many bombers will let us take out their large artillery, their tanks, and possibly their trains and their trucks. If we manage to take out their trains+trucks, their Stallions, Rhinos, Assault Rifles (assuming they don't revise), and Wasps become more expensive. Big rewards but it's still a risk. We're hoping our one vehicle type can take out two types of recourse gatherer.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 06, 2015, 03:23:28 am »

you forgot 4) save it. In the current situation, it is a possibility.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 06, 2015, 03:50:39 am »

You guys have really similar names.  The avatars are different, but quotes...

Anyhow, I'm a little fuzzy on how effective their artillery will actually be against our tanks.  It seems like we should have invested our design in a self propelled gun that had the tank engine in it if we wanted to try to negate their artillery advantage, though we can be pretty sure their tanks are toast at this point.

I vote on putting our credit into the wunderwaffe to try to improve our odds of holding the jungles.

We will probably hold for now if nothing else, so we can try to take a swipe at their artillery advantage next turn.

e: What are our tanks at right now in terms of expense, anyways?  How does it compare to their tank?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:56:55 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 06, 2015, 03:57:13 am »

It seems like we should have invested our design in a self propelled gun that had the tank engine in it if we wanted to try to negate their artillery advantage

problem is, their artillery advantage was nowhere as big as their tank advantage.

I vote for saving the credit

we have the means to hold plains, our increased air superiority means we can use our planes to destroy their artillery ( especially since our dive bombers aren't our only anti tank weapon anymore).
mountains, there is nothing we can expense away to help.
jungle, lets see. I'd rather decide on it next turn than this.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 06, 2015, 03:59:29 am »

I see one vote for T25, one vote for wonder waffle SMG, and one vote for stashing it away in the treasury.

Whoever votes next is tiebreaker, I suppose. I need to get on with writing the turn!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 06, 2015, 04:00:24 am »

I switch to saving, in that case.  It kinda looks like it wouldn't be that much of a tide turner this turn.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 06, 2015, 04:05:47 am »

+1 to saving. We should be fine this turn
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 06, 2015, 04:33:48 am »

I hope I made the right call, or I am getting lynched.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Design
« Reply #1570 on: August 06, 2015, 05:11:27 am »

Well, that went suprisingly well.

Edit : We 'll want to revise the radio, and ideally include a primitive encryption system as well. After all, then we can listen to their radio, but they cant listen to ours.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:24:16 am by 10ebbor10 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 06, 2015, 05:42:48 am »

they stole our tank.... considering that  they don't need it, I think they are going after our engine tech.

anyway, time do do a bit of analysis.
In terms of resources, we are in the best of the cases I described earlier. Several of their designs just went from cheap to expensive, including their new machinegun and their assault rifle. In the air, their fighter became very expensive, at the same time as our goes down to expensive.
In the plains we seem to have regained an advantage, considering that due to ore shortage we might get to keep artillery superiority .
In the jungle, they barely managed to advance. with expense for their weapons going up, that alone might be enough to stop them. Still, it is a threatened front.
In the mountains our soldiers are stopped by the fact that we have no personnel anti tank weapons, but we are VERY close to their mines.

keeping in mind that they can't field our T25 and that they will likely use their expense credit either on their tanks or on their aircrafts, I think we should strive to make this resource allocation permanent. our current assets in the plains/desert are enough to stop them from endangering our resources even with more tanks and in the jungle the danger is going to be less imminent due to their resource shortage.

Therefore, I propose an anti tank personnel weapon. I think an RPG may be suitable, or a recoilless rifle like what was proposed earlier.

the revision can be used to fix faults in our design, improve the turbocharger or cheapen the SMG for jungle advantage ( although an RPG would likely help there too)

thoughts?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 06, 2015, 05:58:52 am »

I expect I told you so from Andres :D but note that their new machinegun and stolen mortar play a big role in the jungles. Turn went much better than I expected but now we may be behind in tank tech again...

Now we need to hold jungles.

Few ideas to do that

1) New automatic rifle that uses 6mmX36mm ammo aka lets change incoming ww2 big way (will help on all fronts but I am not sure that we will get a good cheap rifle)

2) Boat that can operate in jungle swamps  (+improves our navy)

3) Hydroplane bomber that is designed to either land in the sea and get picked up by our cargo vessels or operate from swamps in jungles (+if it will be cheap it can replace the triplane )

4) Handheld AT weapon (should help in mountains)

5) More advanced landmines (should help to hold plains in case if the last turn situation will repeat)

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 06, 2015, 06:17:48 am »

I expect I told you so from Andres :D but note that their new machinegun and stolen mortar play a big role in the jungles. Turn went much better than I expected but now we may be behind in tank tech again...

Now we need to hold jungles.

Few ideas to do that

1) New automatic rifle that uses 6mmX36mm ammo aka lets change incoming ww2 big way (will help on all fronts but I am not sure that we will get a good cheap rifle)

2) Boat that can operate in jungle swamps  (+improves our navy)

3) Hydroplane bomber that is designed to either land in the sea and get picked up by our cargo vessels or operate from swamps in jungles (+if it will be cheap it can replace the triplane )

4) Handheld AT weapon (should help in mountains)

5) More advanced landmines (should help to hold plains in case if the last turn situation will repeat)

I have a personal preference for a manpad AT weapon. I vote for an early bazooka that attempts to create shaped charges:

Spoiler: ASRPG27 (click to show/hide)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 06, 2015, 06:28:31 am »

Guys, we really freaking need better small arms. We should design an assault rifle and revise our dive bombers to use less fuel. With more dive bombers in the air, it'll help out in the Plains and it'll take out the Breakers guarding Moskurg's mines. We could even get pseudo-carpet bombing to help out in the Jungle.

Design the AS-AR27.
Spoiler: AS-AR27 (click to show/hide)
Priorities of the AR27, from most important to least important: cheapness, reliability, mobility, rate of fire, accuracy, optional single fire.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Told you so.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:36:16 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 217