Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158789 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1926 Revision
« Reply #1530 on: August 05, 2015, 06:00:36 pm »

I agree, we are nowhere close to losing right now.  I'm not sure people have ever actually reversed the course of a war with suicide tactics.

I agree in retrospect that the redesign idea was a bad one compared to the tank destroyer.

I vote for revising the engine.

Yeah though, I mean it looks like we are dealing with moskurg's last gasps here.  They built a kickass tank, gained land in one spot (pushed us out of their HOMELAND), lost land elsewhere, and we are about to immediately roll out a tank destroyer and a better tank.  They are pretty fucked unless they come up with something really good.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:02:19 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 05, 2015, 06:04:43 pm »

I actually expect them to gain a point both in jungles and in mountains if they designed anything infantry related.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 05, 2015, 06:04:50 pm »

I agree, we are nowhere close to losing right now.  I'm not sure people have ever actually reversed the course of a war with suicide tactics.

I agree in retrospect that the redesign idea was a bad one compared to the tank destroyer.

I vote for revising the engine.

Yeah though, I mean it looks like we are dealing with moskurg's last gasps here.  They built a kickass tank, gained land in one spot (pushed us out of their HOMELAND), lost land elsewhere, and we are about to immediately roll out a tank destroyer and a better tank.  They are pretty fucked unless they come up with something really good.

Dos an MG-34 count? :P. they got a pretty good GPMG coming this turn, so that might give us some problems
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 05, 2015, 06:06:27 pm »

Orders :

Soldiers should start affixing scavenged armor plates to our armored cars. In normal conditions, this would increase enemy weapon efficiency, due to reducing bounce chance, but the enemy never developped any modern armor piercing shell. They're still firing pre-WW1 explosive shells or lead rounds at our units. Adding a bit of armor offset from the main armor will render their weaponry completely ineffective untill the armor is destroyed, which will take at least several shots.

Given the lack of anti-tank capabilities, and an abundance of mines and other explosives, a soldier has probably thought of the idea to place multiple mines in one hole, upping the explosive power. At the very least, this should detrack any vehicle they have.

Speaking off mines, place mines everywhere. Place mine warning signs where we can't afford to place mines. Place mines behind enemh lines, unmarked.

Our old triwings have become outdated, but not yet useless. Triple wings means extra lift. Institute a night strafing campaign, where a plane approaches with engines off, strafes the enemy and returns. Unlike us, the enemy does not have flares.

Kamikaze attacks are a bad idea. Very bad for morale and pilot skill.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:08:12 pm by 10ebbor10 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 05, 2015, 06:09:21 pm »

Orders :

Soldiers should start affixing scavenged armor plates to our armored cars. In normal conditions, this would increase enemy weapon efficiency, due to reducing bounce chance, but the enemy never developped any modern armor piercing shell. They're still firing pre-WW1 explosive shells or lead rounds at our units. Adding a bit of armor offset from the main armor will render their weaponry completely ineffective untill the armor is destroyed, which will take at least several shots.

Given the lack of anti-tank capabilities, and an abundance of mines and other explosives, a soldier has probably thought of the idea to place multiple mines in one hole, upping the explosive power. At the very least, this should detrack any vehicle they have.

Speaking off mines, place mines everywhere. Place mine warning signs where we can't afford to place mines. Place mines behind enemh lines, unmarked.

Our old triwings have become outdated, but not yet useless. Triple wings means extra lift. Institute a night strafing campaign, where a plane approaches with engines off, strafes the enemy and returns. Unlike us, the enemy does not have flares.

Kamikaze attacks are a bad idea. Very bad for morale and pilot skill.

I like these! +1
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 05, 2015, 06:09:49 pm »

Oh, I forgot about night strafing... Yes, do a LOT night strafing with our triplanes. It is better than kamikadzing

I think we will have to develop either something infantry related or airforce related next turn to have something to counter in mountains
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 05, 2015, 06:12:49 pm »

I know that we already decided our revision and in our situation revising the engine is the only thing to do...

but reporting on what the other side has designed this turn should wait at the very least production phase, I think. The idea being that otherwise we could use the revision to counter the design. Even if we promise not to, it is hard to not be influenced.

so, basically, I think we should not spy before all designing is done and most importantly it shouldn't be posted here before the production phase for the sake of those who don't want to go peeking.

and even with production phase there is a matter of issuing orders... but at least we can play that as adaptive tactics.

by the way, night strafing good idea. mines also good.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 05, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »

I have an unconventional idea I want to propose for the revision next turn. Remind me to do so.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 05, 2015, 06:20:36 pm »

you actually haven't voted on this revision yet.

As for your proposal, the best way to remember about it is to  send it to some of us by pm.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 05, 2015, 06:31:23 pm »

Revise our engine

Not really a question.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 05, 2015, 08:13:47 pm »

We could design a combined arms tactic using our various forces, turning our tendency to snipe well into a modern set of strategies and training.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 05, 2015, 08:20:38 pm »

We can probably already do some tank riding.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 05, 2015, 09:00:03 pm »

Revise our tank engine. First priority is simplifying the fuel injection, second priority is simplifying the turbo charger, third priority is making it use 2 Oil instead of 3.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Holy shit our tank-destroyer doesn't even have full Thin armour!? Anyone with a horsekiller would be able to take it out! What the hell was the logic with that!? In fact, why does it even cost 4 Ore if it's got nearly no armour!?

EDIT2: Why did we even develop a Muzzle Brake for it? Hydropneumatic Suspension increases both accuracy and fire rate. Moreover, it would've minimised risk by not needing to develop a new technology.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:04:54 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 05, 2015, 09:23:38 pm »

Revise our tank engine. First priority is simplifying the fuel injection, second priority is simplifying the turbo charger, third priority is making it use 2 Oil instead of 3.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Holy shit our tank-destroyer doesn't even have full Thin armour!? Anyone with a horsekiller would be able to take it out! What the hell was the logic with that!? In fact, why does it even cost 4 Ore if it's got nearly no armour!?

EDIT2: Why did we even develop a Muzzle Brake for it? Hydropneumatic Suspension increases both accuracy and fire rate. Moreover, it would've minimised risk by not needing to develop a new technology.

We did not ask for the muzzle brake.  It just kinda happened.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 05, 2015, 09:43:32 pm »

But you did ask to armour it less than the average Arstotzkan soldier. Yes. This makes perfect sense.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 217