Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158906 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1926 Design
« Reply #1455 on: August 05, 2015, 04:03:07 am »

I didn't say I actually changed my vote now? :P The gunboat is for when we can afford to, but the idea is a good one.
Yeah but UR put forth an official vote saying we should build a god damn boat. I'm not taking any chances.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 05, 2015, 04:08:16 am »

Primary vote is redesign our tank
Redesign is obviously revision, not design action.
If you want to design a tank... design another tank. Preferably light and cheap with 2 oil engine

We must not lose the Plains
And we will not lose when we will revise our tank

No flanking on the Desert. Our ships need to launch from a completely captured Jungle in order to do that.
But it will give us some fire support in plains, no?

I vote for the ship and call it AS-MB-26   I believe additional engine experience and revise action to fix the tank will be enough to hold the plains.

New cheap tank (AS-LT26) with anti-small arms armor, 2 oil engine, 50mm high velocity gun is my second choice

BTW, losing mortar advantage will like stop advance in mountains and make us lose jungles

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 05, 2015, 04:28:14 am »

You keep adding turbo and fuel injection to things, those are expensive they do not reduce cost, they increase it, they improve performance.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 05, 2015, 04:28:56 am »

You keep adding turbo and fuel injection to things, those are expensive they do not reduce cost, they increase it, they improve performance.
By utilizing technology more often, we improve it, thus removing the expensive part of the technology

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 05, 2015, 04:30:37 am »

Primary vote is redesign our tank
Redesign is obviously revision, not design action.
If you want to design a tank... design another tank. Preferably light and cheap with 2 oil engine

We must not lose the Plains
And we will not lose when we will revise our tank
We really can't afford to fail in getting our tank Expensive. If our Revision rolls are as bad they were last time, we'll lose the Plains and possibly the war. As for redesign vs revision, a redesign is more powerful and more likely to succeed with bigger changes than a revision. While we're redesigning the tank, we could give it an electric turret or even optics so it can take out enemy tanks from a larger distance.

We cannot rely on a Light tank. Light-armoured vehicles can be taken out by .60 caliber weapons which the enemy fields in abundance. We need a proper MBT to challenge the enemy's.

Holding on to the Plains is absolute highest priority. A redesign of our current tank is significantly less risky than developing mobile artillery or a light tank. Unlike a boat, it'll actually be useful. First of all, we might not be able to use boats in the Plains. Secondly, boats would be used for support while we need something to bulk up the centre.

Remember, redesigning will not only increase the chance of getting a decent engine, it'll enable us to add extras like electric turrets and optics.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 05, 2015, 04:33:16 am »

I'm not certain a redesign is less risky. It starts from scratch, so it's just as risky as before.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 05, 2015, 04:33:36 am »

Alright, I'll vote for the mobile artillery AS-SU26 and a redesign of the medium tank then, we need something to take out their tanks.  Not a boat.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 05, 2015, 04:34:37 am »

I'm not certain a redesign is less risky. It starts from scratch, so it's just as risky as before.

Which is why I'm going for a SPG. It doesn't actually have any new components except for an attempt to cheapen the techs we're using, and even if we have to fucking put in a different engine, it'll still be useful.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 05, 2015, 04:38:44 am »

We got an expense credit. So, at the very least we know we're not going to loose the plains.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 05, 2015, 04:39:29 am »

Good news, everyone!

Thanks to your surplus ads, y'all have an Expense Credit knocking about. I have a theory as to what you may want to spend it on.

Edit: Ninja'd, of course. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 05, 2015, 04:39:38 am »

The thing is if we lose the plains we lose all ability to field tanks and planes.  If we keep the oil from the plains we should develop some kind of vehicle that fully uses the 4 ore and 2 oil, like a light assault boat or anti tank armored car or something, we could field them at inexpensive since the main advantage we have over the enemy is that extra 2 ore.

Glory to Arstotzka

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 05, 2015, 04:57:11 am »

by the way, on the war hero propaganda thing, what do you think should we focus on? I was thinking air, but not sure.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 05, 2015, 04:58:56 am »

I don't think mobile artillery would help much. The enemy developed mobile artillery to fight against our T15s and its pretty much been made obsolete by our MV21s. A big artillery piece to match their Destroyers would be a decent idea, but then we don't get a chance to fix our tank engine. A light tank might work, but what would be the difference between it and our armoured car?

Actually, a light tank could possibly be an option. We already have the armour and engine of a light tank with our armoured car. All we'd have to do is replace its AC18 with a 50mm AT cannon on an electric turret. Of course, adding fuel injection and turbo comes before an electric turret, but it shouldn't be too risky. Assuming the AT cannon increases the Ore cost, we can switch the car's armouring from aluminium to RHA. It'll go slower but light tanks tend to be slower than armoured cars anyway.

Glory to Arstotzka.

by the way, on the war hero propaganda thing, what do you think should we focus on? I was thinking air, but not sure.
We're making an entirely new hero and the hero's existence will give us a bonus depending on who he is. Making propaganda of a Rambo type hero will help us in the Jungle, a Simo Hayha type hero will help us in the Mountains, etc.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 05, 2015, 05:25:04 am »

We're making an entirely new hero and the hero's existence will give us a bonus depending on who he is. Making propaganda of a Rambo type hero will help us in the Jungle, a Simo Hayha type hero will help us in the Mountains, etc.

I understand that. The point is, what do we need? something to give us an edge in the skies would not be bad. neither would a tak pilot but we have no tanks. Somebody to help in mountains or jungle might be a nice idea as well. What is the priority?

( or I could try to pull a stunt and tyr to make an hero of the unknown soldier, trying to gain a wider bonus. But that is a risky gamble)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 05, 2015, 05:29:35 am »

We could try to get a Chenkov-style commander, except replace conscripts with armoured cars.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 217