Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159021 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1925 Revision
« Reply #1410 on: August 04, 2015, 06:35:41 pm »

10ebbor10, Andres, why do you want to leave us without the tank this turn? replacing advanchjed engine with simplier is a trivial task. slow tank is better than no tank

New order: At night in the Jungle, mortars can fire flares to signal dive bombers and allow them to hit emplacements or tanks.

BTW, +1 to this
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:38:14 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 04, 2015, 06:39:33 pm »

10ebbor10, Andres, why do you want to leave us without the tank this turn? replacing advanchjed engine with simplier is a trivial task. slow tank is better than no tank
The first thing we're going to revise on the plane engine is the fuel injection. Fixing the fuel injection there will fix the fuel injection in the tank, making the tank cheaper and thus more numerous. The tank will then become Very Expensive and will achieve numerical parity with the Moskurg Breaker.
After we fix the fuel injection, we'll increase the efficiency of the plane engines so that both the DB and the HF become cheap. If we choose to fix the turbo instead, we get Expensive tanks. Two cheaper vehicles is better than one cheaper vehicle.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 04, 2015, 06:41:12 pm »

The first thing we're going to revise on the plane engine is the fuel injection. Fixing the fuel injection there will fix the fuel injection in the tank, making the tank cheaper and thus more numerous. The tank will then become Very Expensive and will achieve numerical parity with the Moskurg Breaker.
If it will be succesful... what if not?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 04, 2015, 06:42:43 pm »

If it will be succesful... what if not?
Same thing that would happen if we tried to fix the fuel injection with the tank in focus. The two options have equal chances of success. The option I suggested has a bigger reward if we succeed, though.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 04, 2015, 06:44:52 pm »

note that tank option has important line in the end -  If cheapening is not possible, substitute with a simpler engine similar to that in our trucks.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 04, 2015, 06:45:45 pm »

the tank revision however has a safe minimum: changing the great engine we have now with a conventional, less powerful one.

besides, cheap turbocharger means we can apply that to our planes as well, improving overall performance.
planes cheaper than 2 oil honestly seem a thing of the past right now. engine power demand is going to increase as the demand for performance increases.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 04, 2015, 06:46:28 pm »

note that tank option has important line in the end -  If cheapening is not possible, substitute with a simpler engine similar to that in our trucks.
This is actually riskier than fixing the fuel injection. The tank is engineered and designed entirely around its current engine, from its weight to its shape to its suspension. Getting an entirely different engine means changing everything else about the tank.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:48:15 pm by Andres »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 04, 2015, 06:48:18 pm »

It will definetely hurt tank perfomance, it is still better than no tank at all (ok, one tank)

I see no risk at all. It is not like original tank version will be erased

Edit: And trying to make the fighter\dive bomber take as much oil as a civilian car looks dubious
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:52:13 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 04, 2015, 06:56:01 pm »

They managed to give their medium tank the same Oil use as a civilian car, so why not? I reckon our planes are significantly lighter than tanks, especially considering their aluminium construction.

Glory to Arstotzka.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 04, 2015, 06:58:08 pm »

well, that is true, they got a fairly heavy thing to use only 2 oil... but how good of a roll was required? it seems very dubious that it would succeed.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 04, 2015, 06:59:39 pm »

They got a diesel engine. If you want -1 oil, get our own diesel engine. BTW, it is not a suitable engine for aviation.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 04, 2015, 07:02:25 pm »

if I recall correctly, diesel engines are generally quite heavy.
they also work well with fuel injection, by the way.

edit: I am going to go to bed soon. Since revision happens during my night, I leave my vote and proposal to you, UR.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:07:57 pm by andrea »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 04, 2015, 07:09:59 pm »

anyway, we got two plans, both got two vote

one is
1st priority - cheaper fuel injection
2nd priority - reduce oil consumption of our engines

second is

1st priority - cheaper fuel injection.
2nd priority - cheaper turbo.
3rd Create a cheap tank version with truck engine accepting reduced performance.

How about a compromise?

2nd priority - Reduce oil consumption of our engines
3rd priority - Cheaper turbo.
4th priority - Create cheaper tank version powered by truck engine accepting reduced performance.

Even if four look little too much.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 04, 2015, 09:05:50 pm »

anyway, we got two plans, both got two vote

one is
1st priority - cheaper fuel injection
2nd priority - reduce oil consumption of our engines

second is

2nd priority - cheaper turbo.
3rd Create a cheap tank version with truck engine accepting reduced performance.

How about a compromise?

2nd priority - Reduce oil consumption of our engines
3rd priority - Cheaper turbo.
4th priority - Create cheaper tank version powered by truck engine accepting reduced performance.

Even if four look little too much.

I support the compromise.

Edit: I'll also add if the compromise works, we apply one or both techs to aany engine that isn't already fuel injected/turbo(if it makes sense in that application).

Edit Edit:A good way to make cheaper fuel injection is to use Constant Flow Fuel Injection(the linked article explaisn what that is). With it, we only need one pump.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:08:08 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:37 pm »

Your engineers set to work trying to perfect their complicated motor, and reduce the number of steps involved in its manufacture.

You succeed in making the fuel injectors less prone to flooding the engine. There is talk of eliminating redundant pumps with a fuel recycling system, but your engineers don't get a working version this year. The Turbo and Injectors both stay expensive.

This is unfortunate for your tank, which isn't easily retrofitted with a different engine in time. On the bright side, Arstotzka has the fastest race cars in Forenia thanks to your work.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 217