Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159221 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Production
« Reply #1335 on: August 04, 2015, 04:29:01 am »

indeed, it seems we can finally replace the AS-1910. it served us well and for a looong time.

can't wait to see our new fighter in action.
by the way, I bet they used their revise to fix the bendy frame of their fighter.

edit: Rule, Arstotza, Arstotzka rule the sky!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:32:05 am by andrea »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 04, 2015, 04:32:43 am »

indeed, it seems we can finally replace the AS-1910. it served us well and for a looong time.

can't wait to see our new fighter in action.
by the way, I bet they used their revise to fix the bendy frame of their fighter.

Nope, they created a new tank, then used their revise to replace the engine with a diesel one to make it less expensive so theyc uold field more than 3 of them(it was the first project to flirt with National Effort :P)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 04, 2015, 04:35:34 am »

haha, they really used a design to make something that turned out a national effort? GREAT!

also, we might need some proper tank/anti tank next turn. which should be easily doable. at very expensive, that tank might still be a problem is heavily armored and fast. Our autocannon is good, but it may not reliably pierce its armor and artillery won't be able to reliably hit a fast target.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 04, 2015, 04:37:22 am »

Continue production of the 1910.

We have no idea if Moskurg sabotaged our 1924 design. If they did and we stopped supplying the 1910 too, it could be catastrophic on multiple fronts. A proper field test should be conducted first.

Agreed. If we need a heavier MG, we can design a 12mm one based off of the 1910
It might be better to partially base it off the 1924 as well, considering its lightness, usability, and cooling.

Nope, they created a new tank, then used their revise to replace the engine with a diesel one to make it less expensive so theyc uold field more than 3 of them(it was the first project to flirt with National Effort :P)
In that case, we're gonna need a new tank, a bigger one, or else design a radio so our artillery can target them better. They've probably developed RHA to prevent our autocannons from hurting them. Since they're not doing anything with their aircraft, our DBs should be able to help stem the tide.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:40:22 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 04, 2015, 04:39:34 am »

haha, they really used a design to make something that turned out a national effort? GREAT!

also, we might need some proper tank/anti tank next turn. which should be easily doable. at very expensive, that tank might still be a problem is heavily armored and fast. Our autocannon is good, but it may not reliably pierce its armor and artillery won't be able to reliably hit a fast target.

I said flirted with, it topped out at the top of Very Expensive :P. It costs 5 ore and 3 oil, and since they only have 2 oil and 2 ore IIRC....:P

Downside though is that the diesel engine does give them -1 to fuel needed(so only 2 oil),  so I'm not sure but I think it makes it only Expensive.

Edit: Oh wait, they only have one oil atm. So that's 4 resources more than they have, making it still Very Expensive :P. If we can knock uot their trains in the mountains, we can prevent them from being able to field anything more than a platoon of them
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:42:16 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 04, 2015, 04:41:58 am »

Downside though is that the diesel engine does give them -1 to fuel needed(so only 2 oil),  so I'm not sure but I think it makes it only Expensive.
It'll be Very Expensive next year due to the sabotage. Assuming we can exploit the Mountain Ore, that would mean our DBs will outnumber their new tanks.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 04, 2015, 04:47:14 am »

High Command Orders: Use a good portion of our Dive Bombers to really go after their Logistics. Hammer their trains as much as possible and disrupt their economy.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 04, 2015, 04:47:19 am »

5 ore and 3 oil is a national effort I think? very expensive from ore and expensive from oil? need to check the rules.

still, the revised design is definitely very expensive. they are 3 ore under.
in fact, considering that both nations have an oil shortage this turn, it may still be a national effort.

If I am reading the rules right, they get 2 expense levels from the ore(3 missing) and, for this turn, an expense level for the oil(1 missing), for a total of 3 expense levels ( national effort). Next turn it will be merely expensive, after oil production is restored.

Beware their single tank!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 04, 2015, 04:49:00 am »

5 ore and 3 oil is a national effort I think? very expensive from ore and expensive from oil? need to check the rules.

in fact, considering that both nations have an oil shortage this turn, it may still be a national effort.

If I am reading the rules right, they get 2 expense levels from the ore(3 missing) and, for this turn, an expense level for the oil(1 missing), for a total of 3 expense levels ( national effort). Next turn it will be merely expensive, after oil production is restored.

You mean their single squadron. Sensei confirmed it was Very Expensive not National Effort

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 04, 2015, 04:51:03 am »

High Command Orders: Use a good portion of our Dive Bombers to really go after their Logistics. Hammer their trains as much as possible and disrupt their economy.
-1. DBs are to maintain current orders. Their trucks made up for the slack when we destroyed their trains last time. Aside from continuing their work in the other friends, they're needed in the Desert to counter the advantage they get from their radio.

You're right. It's a National Effort for them.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:53:53 am by Andres »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 04, 2015, 04:51:58 am »

hm. odd. I must misread the rules, I thought expense levels from different resources would stack. surely seems so by the rules, there is even an example.

Are you sure Sensei remembers that they only have 1 oil next turn?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 04, 2015, 05:01:32 am »

Cease production of the T15. We have confirmation that our armoured cars and artillery are doing the T15s jobs better than the T15 itself.

Speaking of vehicles, would it cost a Revision to add glass canopies to our planes?

EDIT:
lightweight AS-1924 machine guns, modified to accept belts.
So does this mean we can have hand-held belt-fed 1924s too?
Sure, but it won't be huge benefit: They'll become very hot unless they're only fired as much as they would be with magazines.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 04, 2015, 05:06:32 am »

Hrm. Well, we need an actual AT gun. The AC18 was great while it lasted, but now they have something that outclasses it. So, on that note:

Spoiler: AS-DT25 (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 04, 2015, 05:11:36 am »

We could do what they did, and design an entire tank, including new armor, a new gun and all that in one go.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 04, 2015, 05:13:55 am »

I'm thinking we should design own medium tank to combat theirs, but considering all the tech we don't have (RHA, turret, diesel) it might be safer to go with a dedicated AT gun.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: No, an AT gun won't work. An AT gun wouldn't be useful in the Jungle, considering they need to set up before firing and they wouldn't have the time to do so. Maybe a rocket launcher?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 217