Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159228 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Production
« Reply #1320 on: August 04, 2015, 03:14:31 am »

we have a few top of the line fighters, as many dive bobmers as we can afford, everyone else gets a triplane. No reason to obsolete the triplane, when it works decently as a filler. Plus, it still has a lot of firepower.

Alright alright, fine :P. Next year's revision I'm wanting to put fuel injection on everything so that we not only can get either a power boost or a fuel saving, but to maybe make fuel injection cheap :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 04, 2015, 03:18:03 am »

This could be useful if next turn we decide to design a tank. Between the design and revision, we should be able to get cheap injection.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 04, 2015, 03:21:24 am »

With the advent of a bomber and better fighter, our A19s are now completely obsolete. Stop producing them and releagte all existing A19s to training and secondary roles.

I disagree. We have more pilots than we have planes. Continue production but redirect to less vulnerable roles.
Edit: Oh, I have a idea! Hey sensei, would attaching a camera to an A19 be a free action?
I'm going to rule that cameras are a technology you'll need to get in a design or revision.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 04, 2015, 03:28:27 am »

But I can still claim that the totally-not-rendered-by-2015-computer pictures of our dive bomber are taken with great danger and peril by a triplane pilot temporarily letting go the handle and grabbing an old fashioned camera, right? That, or it is a scale model ( besides, I wonder what would have happened to the triplane after the frontal shoot...)

by the way, photography is an old technology, it dates to way before the game started. While an integrated camera is a big feat, a primitive camera carried by hand should be nothing strange. Of course resolution, motion blur and danger are another matter. I can't see it working well in our faster aluminium crafts.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 04, 2015, 03:30:42 am »

We should really look into making or stealing a radio.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 04, 2015, 03:30:56 am »

Cameraman on a stick.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 04, 2015, 03:32:06 am »

We should really look into making or stealing a radio.
Well, if we get the design credit and don't steal it this turn, my vote would be using the credit on radios.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 04, 2015, 03:58:22 am »

Cease production of the T15. We have confirmation that our armoured cars and artillery are doing the T15s jobs better than the T15 itself.

Speaking of vehicles, would it cost a Revision to add glass canopies to our planes?

EDIT:
lightweight AS-1924 machine guns, modified to accept belts.
So does this mean we can have hand-held belt-fed 1924s too?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:01:13 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 04, 2015, 04:00:42 am »

Cease production of the T15. We have confirmation that our armoured cars and artillery are doing the T15s jobs better than the T15 itself.

Speaking of vehicles, would it cost a Revision to add glass canopies to our planes?

You're talking about our trieplane right? I assumed our monoplane(s) came with a glass canopy. If not, then I await the answer to this question.

Also, +1 to ceasing production on t15. It is far, FAR past its sell by date.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 04, 2015, 04:02:30 am »

well, the pictures I made are without the canopy for simplicity's sake and because it wasn't explicitly stated. of course it is a bit silly considering the speeds.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 04, 2015, 04:02:49 am »

That 6 wheeled truck we have could be turned into a light tank or mobile artillery, all the T15s are right now is mobile artillery anyway.

We do not have enough oil for a large tank unfortunately.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 04, 2015, 04:08:43 am »

Cease production of the AS-A19B if we haven't already. I was just looking at our country list and noticed it didn't have the [Obsolete] tag.

That 6 wheeled truck we have could be turned into a light tank or mobile artillery, all the T15s are right now is mobile artillery anyway.
Not even that. Their cannons have too narrow of a firing arc to be decent artillery. The trucks we have can pull our Artillery As, making them at least a bit more mobile than our slow T15s.

We do not have enough oil for a large tank unfortunately.
Moskurg's T1 Smasher Mk II is a Light tank that only uses 2 Oil. We most certainly have enough Oil for one. If we wanted to go higher and get a Medium tank, it -might- cost 3 Oil, but since it's still classified as a normal tank it'll cost 4 Ore which we have. Assuming it's not complex, that makes it cheap and we can field as many of them as we need.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 04, 2015, 04:20:08 am »

it is not set to obsolete, but the model B triplane was said in a combat report to have been completely replaced by model C

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 04, 2015, 04:24:01 am »

I'm thinking we should also cease production of our 1910 assuming the field results of our 1924 are good, now that we have a belt-fed variation from the HF-24. It's lighter, needs one man to operate, and while the 1910 overheats "quickly" the 1924 can overheat when sustained fire is used. Since the 1910 is made for sustained fire, the 1924 is superior since there's only a chance of overheating while the 1910 quickly overheats.
It's also just as cheap and comes with pistol grip+overhead foregrip (the 1910 Mag has this and it says it's marginally better for control than two handles).

Glory to Arstotzka.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 04, 2015, 04:26:10 am »

I'm thinking we should also cease production of our 1910 assuming the field results of our 1924 are good, now that we have a belt-fed variation from the HF-24. It's lighter, needs one man to operate, and while the 1910 overheats "quickly" the 1924 can overheat when sustained fire is used. Since the 1910 is made for sustained fire, the 1924 is superior since there's only a chance of overheating while the 1910 quickly overheats.
It's also just as cheap and comes with pistol grip+overhead foregrip (the 1910 Mag has this and it says it's marginally better for control than two handles).

Glory to Arstotzka.

Agreed. If we need a heavier MG, we can design a 12mm one based off of the 1910
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 217