Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159213 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Revision
« Reply #1305 on: August 03, 2015, 06:28:58 pm »

Hey Sensei, you weighed our new machine gun in pounds rather than kilograms. Please change it to metric.
Done!

I'll be away for bit, as usual. Game resumes tonight. Looks like votes are in for the heavy fighter.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 03, 2015, 06:37:19 pm »

by the way, I noticed that with the oil shortage, most of their vehicles go from expensive to very expensive ( they are all expensive due to ore, now they get a shortage on oil too), while the only change on our part in our aluminium car goes from cheap to expensive ( it was expensive due to ore earlier, so no change).

in the air, both the biplane and the triplane go from cheap to expensive, while the rest keeps their previous expense levels, so it is not going to matter much.

Overall, I think this shortage goes in our favor.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 04, 2015, 01:44:33 am »

Revise the SMG for glorious cheapness.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 04, 2015, 02:03:49 am »

I say we mount a 40mm cannon on the back of the trucks and add armor.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 04, 2015, 02:24:38 am »

-AS-HF-24: An airplane built entirely from aluminium. Based on the AS-DB-HF-23's light and sturdy frame, with bomb mounts omitted in favor of four lightweight AS-1924 machine guns, modified to accept belts. Two barrels visibly protrude from the front of each wing. The radial engine is designed entirely around an AS-AC18 which fires through the prop shaft, necessitating a relatively heavy and thick prop shaft. Unlike the DB version, it is fuel injected which is terribly complex and a bit heavy but allows more power for the same fuel. It has decent maneuverability, with its metal design allowing for strong forces on the wings and tail, and large control surfaces, but it is a bit heavy. The fuel injection system is Expensive. Costs 4 ore, 3 oil.

Congratulations! You got pretty much exactly what you wanted, and Fuel Injection [Expensive]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:52:24 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Production
« Reply #1310 on: August 04, 2015, 02:27:24 am »

Awesome!

Produce as many HF-24s as possible. They'll provide fighter screening for our 23s so they can attack ground targets.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 04, 2015, 02:28:07 am »

Any reason, we're not using the new machine guns for that fighter?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 04, 2015, 02:30:05 am »

I think we are, he just got the name wrong. Note he said the guns were modified for belt feed, which the 1910s were originally. So no need to mod a gun for belt feed if it was already belt fed :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 04, 2015, 02:53:07 am »

I think we are, he just got the name wrong. Note he said the guns were modified for belt feed, which the 1910s were originally. So no need to mod a gun for belt feed if it was already belt fed :P
Good catch, I wrote 1910, thought about it, and changed it to 1924... except I didn't actually change it. :P

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 04, 2015, 03:00:06 am »

With the advent of a bomber and better fighter, our A19s are now completely obsolete. Stop producing them and releagte all existing A19s to training and secondary roles.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 04, 2015, 03:05:38 am »

With the advent of a bomber and better fighter, our A19s are now completely obsolete. Stop producing them and releagte all existing A19s to training and secondary roles.

I disagree. We have more pilots than we have planes. Continue production but redirect to less vulnerable roles.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 04, 2015, 03:06:14 am »

I disagree. We have more pilots than we have planes. Continue production but redirect to less vulnerable roles.

I can agree to that compromise.

Edit: Oh, I have a idea! Hey sensei, would attaching a camera to an A19 be a free action?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 04, 2015, 03:07:22 am »

BIG, BIG -1. A19s are cheap unlike other two. Keep producing them. having very expensive, expensive, cheap planes is great under this system

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 04, 2015, 03:09:42 am »

BIG, BIG -1. A19s are cheap unlike other two. Keep producing them. having very expensive, expensive, cheap planes is great under this system

Already agreed :P. I'm still wanting an obsolete tag on them though, even though we're still producing them

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 04, 2015, 03:10:17 am »

we have a few top of the line fighters, as many dive bobmers as we can afford, everyone else gets a triplane. No reason to obsolete the triplane, when it works decently as a filler. Plus, it still has a lot of firepower.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 217