Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159304 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Design
« Reply #1275 on: August 03, 2015, 02:58:49 pm »

you aren't being serious, right?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 03, 2015, 03:00:17 pm »

it's bay12, 10ebbor10 shouldn't joke like this
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 03, 2015, 03:00:56 pm »

Right, add wheels to the front of the robot incase it falls, and the back while your at it. The legs should have auto-cannons and the only way water can get in is the top.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 03, 2015, 03:03:47 pm »

That's 4 votes for Giant Robot.

Giant Robots obviously don't have historical justification, and walking mechanical things in general are notorious for being difficult to get right. You can indeed attempt it. I should warn you that A) I will allow you to attempt this but B) this is the sort of thing that will take you multiple design attempts to see fruition.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 03, 2015, 03:05:45 pm »

We know, but once this is built we shall decimate their city's!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 03, 2015, 03:06:18 pm »

I switch vote to machinegun! 4 votes on the machinegun! a machinegun light enough to be carried and operated by a single person. And is not a robot!

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 03, 2015, 03:09:38 pm »

Hey, could a portion of us defect to the rebel faction? Just theoretically?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 03, 2015, 03:10:20 pm »

We all know that 10ebbor10 joked, right?

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 03, 2015, 03:33:32 pm »

Yup, switching to the machine gun.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 03, 2015, 04:12:51 pm »

does anyone know how to texture, paint or somehow make a 3d model decent?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 03, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »

Design the AS-1924.

The AS-1924 is an air-cooled, magazine-fed light machine gun with optional belt-feed configuration. It's chambered for 7.62mm rounds, comes with a bipod for prone shooting, and can be carried+operated by a single person. It uses a pistol grip rather than a pair of handles and comes with both strap and handle for easier transportation. It features a long stroke gas piston operation for simplicity and robustness. The gun uses aluminium to make it cheaper and perform better. Uses no more than 3 Ore.

AS-1924: A light machine gun using 7.62mm rifle rounds. It is gas-operated, with a box magazine, a bottom-fed 25 round rectangular mag or 60 round drum. It includes an aluminium stock, magazines and fixtures, which are lighter than wood fixtures used on previous guns, though the barrel, action etc are steel. It is easily man portable at 8 kilos, allowing one man to carry the gun and a decent amount of ammo, though AS-1924 gunners are still often accompanied by a man to spot and carry additional ammo. It can be fired while standing or kneeling, with its pistol grip and overhead foregrip, but is most accurate when used with a bipod. Sustained fire (through multiple magazines) can cause overheating. Shoots around 500 rounds a minute. Costs 3 ore.

You may now revise.

does anyone know how to texture, paint or somehow make a 3d model decent?
I always sucked at that. For a proper 3D model you're supposed to make a a texture map that takes pieces of one image and lays it over the model. I just used this technique where you can slap a texture onto a face in the modeling editor though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:28:24 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Revision
« Reply #1286 on: August 03, 2015, 04:27:06 pm »

Okay, that gun is good, what do we need to fix?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 03, 2015, 04:28:25 pm »

UR, you had ideas for the divebomber revision?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 03, 2015, 04:36:01 pm »

Here is my purposely expensive revision

revise -AS-DB-HF-23 into AS-DB-HF-23(a)
1) Remove bomb mounts
2) Add 4 7.62 machineguns to the wings. Let engineers choose what machinegun will be better
3) Optimize engine, make wider wings for improved manoeuvrability and to host machineguns
4) Easy handling is not a top priority as this aircraft is meant to be issued only to very experienced pilots
5) Should use many hand-made or otherwise workhours expensive\high tech parts adding one level of cost due to complexity but cost same amount of ore\oil
6) if any of improvements from this project can be applied to regular version witout increasing it cost = do it

I want to have three tiers aircrafts

Very expensive for our aces (this variant)
Expensive for regular pilots (dive bomber\fighter)
expendable for rookie pilots (triplane)

I want to get aeronautic experience here

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 03, 2015, 04:38:15 pm »

Have we made so much progress that we don't have anything obvious to fix?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 217