Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159033 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1922 Design
« Reply #1110 on: August 01, 2015, 10:00:48 am »

Here's a formal writeup of what I think we should do for a revision:

AS-SPAA-22. Revise our trucks with an AA mount designed to carry one of our field pieces in the AA role, firing a new heavy flak shell. As part of this, pair it with a pair of 1910s for close in defense:If space/weight allow, upgrade the MGs to twin autocannons.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 01, 2015, 11:14:39 am »

Is searchlight too heavy to attach to it?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 01, 2015, 12:13:47 pm »

I vote AS-CV-22
lets get better logistics and a better chance to recover that submarine.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 01, 2015, 01:00:19 pm »

Voting for ebbor boat.

We really need that boat. We know they are gonna be building a boat to try to get the sub, so we need to get it first, and have it able to be armed enough to kill their boat if it gets too close.

Oh, and Andres? Our truck looks more like
Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 01, 2015, 01:28:10 pm »

It looks like votes are in favor of the AS-CV22, a logistics vessel with some anti-air armament.

AS-CV22: A steam-powered ship, worthy of sea travel. Uses two AS-51 S steam engines, which each power one screw. The vessel is around 60 meters long, and carries cargo enough to provide +1 logistics. It mounts an AC-18 on the bow for air defense, an an AS-1910 on top of the con tower. Costs 6 ore.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1922 Revision
« Reply #1115 on: August 01, 2015, 01:37:25 pm »

So, for revision we want AA mounts for guns and shells for the same?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 01, 2015, 01:40:19 pm »

I dislike AA truck idea because it is not very useless in jungles and plain useles in mountains while our way to win the war is to hold the jungles and push them out of the mountains.

My revision proposal:

create new kinds of rounds for our artillery (autocannon, mortar, 80mm) In order of preference
1) Timed fuse fragmentation flak shell
2) Flare, preferably with parachute
3) Incendiary
4) Smoke
5) Tungsten tip

1 is for dealing with enemy bombers and not a bad shell for using against infantry
2 is for night attacks\repelling night attacks
3-4 is for jungles and mountains.
5 is for dealing with their future armor
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 01, 2015, 01:43:21 pm »

Just because its a AA mount does not mean it will be on the truck, just that it can be.
Highly Opinionated Fool

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 01, 2015, 01:47:10 pm »

uh. the boat was supposed to mount an artillery as well, but it is expensive enough as it is. Thankfully we now can exploit the 4th ore from plains, leaving it merely expensive.

revision vote UR's improved shells

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 01, 2015, 01:50:24 pm »

uh. the boat was supposed to mount an artillery as well, but it is expensive enough as it is. Thankfully we now can exploit the 4th ore from plains, leaving it merely expensive.
I think it is rolls, we didn't get upgraded steam engine, too

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 01, 2015, 02:56:46 pm »

Improved shells

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 01, 2015, 03:05:01 pm »

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 01, 2015, 03:39:22 pm »

My revision proposal:

create new kinds of rounds for our artillery (autocannon, mortar, 80mm) In order of preference
1) Timed fuse fragmentation flak shell
2) Flare, preferably with parachute
3) Incendiary
4) Smoke
5) Tungsten tip

Your engineers set to work on more dakka.

Flak Shell: A shell with a short timed fuze. The fuze can be set at the time of weapon firing on each shell manually, or by an instrument on the weapon in an appropriate weapon. In the case of autocannons, you will need to invent a special AA weapon to take advantage of this, but artillery gives the crew enough time to set fuzes manually.

Flares: They shoot up, they burn brightly, they hang in the air for about a minute. Effective at illuminating the ground, and sometimes planes, though this requires some prediction as to the plane's altitude and location so it is unlikely to spot a bomber before it's close enough to drop bombs. Available in artillery size from from a smaller disposable flare gun.

Incendiary Rounds: Watch 'em burn! These light things on fire. Available in 20mm and up.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1922 Production
« Reply #1123 on: August 01, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »

don't forget to offer AS-F14A and steel bullets to hunters

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1922 Production
« Reply #1124 on: August 01, 2015, 03:57:17 pm »

whoever is in charge f espionage, don't forget about doing stuff. like, for example, recovering that U-boat.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 217