Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159058 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1922 Design
« Reply #1065 on: August 01, 2015, 05:07:47 am »

Guys. Boats. Extra Ressources. Plus, they're certain to get an extra design phase if we don't design one.

Well, since their expense credit goes away and we prevented them from exploiting the jungle, we can actually leave the air off for another turn, now that I think on it. Boat it is!

edit:NVM

Damn ninja's.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 05:15:04 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 01, 2015, 05:10:41 am »

I still stand by 10bber10 design. It has shallow draft for fight in the Swamps.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 01, 2015, 05:13:13 am »

BIG -1 to aluminium armor for cargo vessels Those should be cheap not 6-7 ore. Also no to arming them with 80mms, they are cargo vessels not warships, we may design a proper warship later.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 01, 2015, 05:14:09 am »

BIG -1 to aluminium armor for cargo vessels Those should be cheap not 6-7 ore. Also no to arming them with 80mms, they are cargo vessels not warships, we may design a proper warship later.

...hmm, point. I still say mounting a few pairs of AC18s for self defense is a good idea
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 01, 2015, 05:15:12 am »

Anyone gonna counter my point of their being able to steal two designs from us if we do this?

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 01, 2015, 05:15:57 am »

Anyone gonna counter my point of their being able to steal two designs from us if we do this?

Glory to Arstotzka.

Nope, cause that's just gonna be the risk we take if we wanna do this. I say it's worth it.

Also, I'm deleting my design since UR made one that's just about the same thing. If you add that it uses a new triple expansion engine hooked up to a pair of propellers I'll +1 that in a heartbeat.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 01, 2015, 05:16:28 am »

Well, it's not like we can stop them anyway.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 01, 2015, 05:18:42 am »

Nope, cause that's just gonna be the risk we take if we wanna do this. I say it's worth it.
The base success chance for an agent is 50%. There's a 25% chance that they fail entirely, a 50% chance that they steal a design from us or break our boat design (making our endeavour worthless), and a 25% chance they steal two designs from us (making our endeavour actively harmful).
On top of that, we only have a chance of succeeding in this mission due to the sharks. A boat just gives us a bonus.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 01, 2015, 05:19:05 am »

Don't we have timed mortars?  Can we include a small place to hold a few and a hole to drop them out of?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 01, 2015, 05:22:05 am »

The base success chance for an agent is 50%. There's a 25% chance that they fail entirely, a 50% chance that they steal a design from us or break our boat design (making our endeavour worthless), and a 25% chance they steal two designs from us (making our endeavour actively harmful).
On top of that, we only have a chance of succeeding in this mission due to the sharks. A boat just gives us a bonus.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Boat is also useful for resources. Instead of shouting down our ideas, why don't you suggest something?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 01, 2015, 05:23:11 am »

I change my mind. A boat design would be a good idea, but only for logistics purposes. With the Revise, we can improve our plane's manoeuvrability and hopefully still get those rockets. (We'll be fixing the 1 we got in the last revision.) It'll also open up another point of attack later on.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Boat is also useful for resources. Instead of shouting down our ideas, why don't you suggest something?
Ninja'd. I was just about to agree with you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 01, 2015, 05:24:51 am »

We already spent two revise on that plane. At some point, we need a new design if we want better performance. I'd fix our uniforms.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 01, 2015, 05:25:51 am »

I think we should do a boat, and take the decision of what to do with our spy by PM. Just keep our options open.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 01, 2015, 05:26:33 am »

We already spent two revise on that plane. At some point, we need a new design if we want better performance. I'd fix our uniforms.
We got a 1 when it came to our manoeuvrability roll. That's something that can be fixed without a design. Yes at some point we'll need a design eventually but we're not at that point yet.

Glory to Arstotzka.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 01, 2015, 05:26:51 am »

Nope, we're using the boat to go after the sub as well. Also, yeah, at this point we'd be better off revising something else as there's a point of diminishing returns on revisions.(Sensei even said something to the effect when we LAST revised our plane.)
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 217