Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159225 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1921 Design
« Reply #1005 on: July 31, 2015, 06:00:28 pm »

Use the Expense credit on the SMG please.

We need to do be absolutely sure they don't hold the entire Jungle next turn. Saving our Expense credit for later instead of putting it into our most Jungle-effective weapon (in terms of performance and reliability, the GM said) is a bad idea. We also get to see if properly revising the SMG is worth the effort later on.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Now that we have a not-shit cheap motorbike, getting cheap SMGs would let us field a great many very mobile shock troops in the Jungle and maybe the Mountains.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 31, 2015, 06:02:54 pm »

Use the Expense credit on the SMG please.

We need to do be absolutely sure they don't hold the entire Jungle next turn. Saving our Expense credit for later instead of putting it into our most Jungle-effective weapon (in terms of performance and reliability, the GM said) is a bad idea. We also get to see if properly revising the SMG is worth the effort later on.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Now that we have a not-shit cheap motorbike, getting cheap SMGs would let us field a great many very mobile shock troops in the Jungle and maybe the Mountains.

Did anyone hear something? I thought I did but I'm not sure. (Seriously, quit with the SMG, it got old 3 turns ago.)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 31, 2015, 06:10:25 pm »

Ok, then what at least are we holding on to the Expense credit for? What are we planning? Are we even attempting to deny them the Jungle any more?

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 31, 2015, 06:13:27 pm »

I agree, we should spend the expense credit on the smg, it is vital for us to hold the jungle, no jungle, no planes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 31, 2015, 06:15:58 pm »

Ok, then what at least are we holding on to the Expense credit for? What are we planning? Are we even attempting to deny them the Jungle any more?

Glory to Arstotzka.

Oh for fucks sake, we're blitzkrieging with our new armored car which, at least according to the writeup, is fast, manueverable, has an autocannon, and importantly for the jungle, has armor that is just about immune to any weapon short of a full cannon; plus supported by our new, non-shitty MG-equipped motorcycles. Combined with our still good SMGs(so what if they're not issued to every trooper?!) and rifles, I don't think they're holding the jungle for long.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 31, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »

I think we should put the credit on the armored cars, since they use alot of metals.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 31, 2015, 06:20:18 pm »

I think we should put the credit on the armored cars, since they use alot of metals.

Guys? We don't need to issue an armored car to every trooper. We're actually only one ore short for the car, so it's only merely Expensive. We can still get out a good number of them, just not one for every soldier.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:10 pm »

Next year I was thinking we could revise our train engine so that it uses more of its heat in the process rather than expelling it as waste heat. This will make our tanks faster, less uncomfortable, and most importantly, it'll let us get that Ore from the Plains as well as the Oil. Building planes and light armoured vehicles out of aluminium would be cheap. Tanks of RHA or mild steel would become cheap too, assuming we design a non-complex one.

I was thinking that all of our future small arms should have some aluminium in them to decrease weight and possibly increase performance. It'll make them all jump in cost from 1 Ore to 2 Ore, but because of our home advantage we always have 2 Ore anyway. If Moskurg decides to steal this idea and make all their small arms with aluminium, they risk having a major shortage if we start taking ground in the Mountains or our plane actually starts being good.

Because we'll be revising our steam engine, we'll need to get a better plane with the Design phase. A biplane would reduce drag (increasing its performance) and use less metal to keep the wings together (decreasing cost) and we could also go for higher speed and more manoeuvrability while we're at it.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Oh for fucks sake, we're blitzkrieging with our new armored car which, at least according to the writeup, is fast, manueverable, has an autocannon, and importantly for the jungle, has armor that is just about immune to any weapon short of a full cannon; plus supported by our new, non-shitty MG-equipped motorcycles. Combined with our still good SMGs(so what if they're not issued to every trooper?!) and rifles, I don't think they're holding the jungle for long.
Calm down! I'm not objecting to this plan, you know. I'm just asking what we're using or planning to use the Expense credit for. At the moment we're deciding to not use it as far as I know. If that's changed, I think I missed the post.
I'm just wondering if making cheap armoured cars is like making cheap artillery. I'm guessing it'll actually be useful but I'm not certain.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:34:51 pm by Andres »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 31, 2015, 06:24:09 pm »

hm.... Expense credit is the most useful for making National effort very expensive or very expensive - expensive.

We don't have such things. Next turn will likely design an air superiority fighter  buy one after that heavy bomber + expense can be devastating. Or true heavy tank + expense. Or heavy artillery +expense.... but devastating for one turn no more. 1 point of conquest here or there.  Chances are that benefits will be lower than turning the tide in jungles. Capturing 1 point of jungles now, mean that they designed truck\ship for nothing. And if it fail we will not get revise cheaper SMG every revision phase...

I change my mind again. Do not save expense, produce SMGs

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 31, 2015, 06:25:06 pm »

expense on SMG!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 31, 2015, 06:25:38 pm »

Fine. Cheap SMG,s and I told you so's when they do nothing

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 31, 2015, 06:26:48 pm »

it is worth it just for the sake of ending all the cheap SMG discussion.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 31, 2015, 06:28:54 pm »

+1 :D

But I expect revise trains discussion to take its place.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 31, 2015, 06:30:41 pm »

+1 :D

But I expect revise trains discussion to take its place.

Lol :P. Well, I was actually gonna suggest that now that we have the motorcycles working-that, or start working on ships. We do need that extra resource...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 31, 2015, 06:31:11 pm »

well, it will likely come up. if only because better trains means we get that 4th ore, which means we can afford bigger things.
besides, most of our crappy designs are in a good shape now. perhaps we will be able to spare the revision for logistics, if the next design rolls are good enough.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 217