Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159477 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Production
« Reply #780 on: July 29, 2015, 11:54:37 pm »

I don't know, getting coaxial technology on top of turret technology is asking for a bit much, I think. Plus, the extra armour would decrease manoeuvrability and that's kind of important in the Jungle. Considering you're asking for higher quality metal, we may or may not have to research better metals too.

To further increase the chance of success, maybe we should make our armoured car have a man-operated turret? It would increase the chance of success of the Design and it would beat early technology auto turrets in reaction time. Furthermore, they won't have to worry about running out of electricity for it.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Production
« Reply #781 on: July 30, 2015, 01:47:03 am »

8-ton tank that's better in every respect
Tryrar, Your tank is not light at all and can't fit into 8 tons.  It is too armored Make it 25mm front plate, 8mm elsewhere, then, maybe, you can get 8 tons.

Here is what Britain called a light tank in late 1930-s -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_Tank_Mk_VI

It weights ~ 5 tons.
It has 5-14.mm armor. There are no scheme but lets be very genrious and give it something like 14mm forward\8mm sides\10mm around turret\5mm rear Assuming same height and width it means its armor is 1.8-2 times lighter then what you propose. But I expect even less armor than that.
It is armed with 0.5 and and 0.3 machineguns. - ~2 times lighter
It has 88 hp engine from 1930s... this one must be lighter than 75hp that we can design with our tech.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:53:24 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1920 Design
« Reply #782 on: July 30, 2015, 04:57:01 am »

We've reached crisis point in the Jungle. We need to push and we need to push hard.

Design the AS-MV20. (3 Ore, 2 Oil maximum.)

Revise the MC-16.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:59:02 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 30, 2015, 05:00:28 am »

Looking at the update, I dont think we need a tank. What I do think we need is, in this order:
-Fixing our aircraft
-AA guns/radio
-special rounds
-slightly better CQC capabilities. Yes, I finally think it may be time to revise the SMG.

And if we do get a tank, we should work on making it small. As is, two person. As in the design I submitted last turn.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 30, 2015, 05:05:01 am »

Those cost credits can also be very helpfull. Especially if we get both. Now, I think were pretty much guaranteed the Russian one, seeng as the primary need is intimidation (massive steam tank), and the fact that whatever Moksburg comes up with will fail in the cold. (Most likely their batteries).

The other thing we can get by upgrading our SMG, making it cheaper and introducing hollow point rounds

We might want to fix our planes as well, or at least implement an effective anti air solution.

Anyone have any info on what our spies did?

Edit : There are repeated reports of Moksburgian tanks getting stuck in our trenches, and crew being killed via SMG. Reverse engineering?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:06:48 am by 10ebbor10 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 30, 2015, 05:07:13 am »

-slightly better CQC capabilities. Yes, I finally think it may be time to revise the SMG.
This isn't enough. You can bet your ass that Moskurg is going to revise their own version in anticipation for us revising ours. We need something more than cheap SMGs. Don't get me wrong, revising our SMG is 100% crucial if we want a chance at victory, but it isn't enough on its own.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 30, 2015, 05:11:58 am »

Those cost credits can also be very helpfull. Especially if we get both. Now, I think were pretty much guaranteed the Russian one, seeng as the primary need is intimidation (massive steam tank), and the fact that whatever Moksburg comes up with will fail in the cold. (Most likely their batteries).
This is actually really true. I hadn't even considered that all they care for is intimidation, plus the fact that ours can work in the cold. Excellent catch there, ebbor.

The other thing we can get by upgrading our SMG, making it cheaper and introducing hollow point rounds
Hollow point rounds might be even to match their Fierce trait. Probably not, but it's definitely a good idea and it can be applied to all our bullets. I just wish the Moskurg players would stop peeking into our thread to know exactly how to counter us.

We might want to fix our planes as well, or at least implement an effective anti air solution.
Our autocannons are more than enough for effective AA. What's more likely to happen is the filthy Moskurgs steal our awesome design for it and use it for their own purposes.

Anyone have any info on what our spies did?
I got none. UR? You know anything?

Edit : There are repeated reports of Moksburgian tanks getting stuck in our trenches, and crew being killed via SMG. Reverse engineering?
Probably not. We have all the tech that went into that tank, save its shitty radio.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Damn, I just can't stop with the double-posting, can I?

EDIT2: Have our HV19 gather Oil instead of Ore.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:22:41 am by Andres »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 30, 2015, 05:18:38 am »

That's extra ore in 1920 and oil in 1921, right?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 30, 2015, 05:19:04 am »

Probably not. We have all the tech that went into that tank, save its shitty radio.
Actually, they couldn't fit the radio in the final design.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 30, 2015, 05:22:18 am »

That's extra ore in 1920 and oil in 1921, right?
I'm under the belief that we get no Oil when 1920 starts rather than when it ends. I'll ask Sensei to clarify.
He said that the switch will happen without issue, so it doesn't matter so long as I change the action.

Have our HV19 gather Oil as soon as the Antegra Oil runs out. Have it begin earlier if a shortage would happen in between.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Actually, they couldn't fit the radio in the final design.
So the tanks are absolutely worthless.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 30, 2015, 05:32:26 am »

No news over spying...

I say give up jungles and focus on getting both design contracts. Pilots, please forgive us

Design a micro SMG using API. 
May save our ass in jungles but likely not. Will win the concealed weapon contest unless complete shit.

Revise T-15. Try to make it less complex. Try to improve the steam engine, Improve ventilation. Add  AA\anti-light armor\anti soft targets turret armed with 20mm turrets and consider getting two such turrets. Try to improve its all terrain mobility to make T-15 at least somewhat usable in jungles
Monstrous but may stay useful. This projects make it much more effective against their armor, will be truly  MENACING, and not defenceless against airforce. If we are really lucky, may save our ass in jungles

We have a turn of ore 4, lets try to use it to kick asses by a common heavy tank.

Speaking about oil shortage: we can afford it. Our aircraft is shit anyway, more T-15 will be more useful. current will be merely expensive. If we are lucky, new may be not expensive at all
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:53:33 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 30, 2015, 05:37:27 am »

The return for the design contract is only one expense credit (which I guess mean more common weapon for one year). Our T-15 is already terrifying enough on its own, we could offer it.

Id say go for Radio with the design phase, then we can revise something.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 30, 2015, 05:41:42 am »

Radio is a long term investment... situation at the front doesn't allow it at all. 

I want to be sure that T-15 will win and we need to expoit a turn of 4 ore. If T-15 upgade will be good it will win junges, it will be able to defend itself against their armored cars and infantry.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 30, 2015, 05:43:49 am »

What do you mean? Were holding our ground. Radio would let us coordinate our artillery better, stalling them in the plains.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 30, 2015, 05:46:10 am »

We are losing jungles. Lost jungles = more resources for the enemy. Rather unpleasant situation. Furthermore, they will get access to Taiga and we may fail to stop their attack here.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 217