Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159586 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Production
« Reply #750 on: July 29, 2015, 10:55:29 am »

this wait is killing me. and plenty of our soldiers, I bet.
edit: did they make the SMG cheap? that might be nasty.
or a better tank?

or revised the plane to drop bombs?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:58:41 am by andrea »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 29, 2015, 11:20:21 am »

We should see to it that our aircraft's primary tasks is strafing their trains in the mountains. If they loose that ore again, we'll be in a much better position.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 29, 2015, 11:58:11 am »

We should see to it that our aircraft's primary tasks is strafing their trains in the mountains. If they loose that ore again, we'll be in a much better position.

The stability problems really preclude it from dogfighting at the moment, so yeah, strafing trains and tanks with those 20mms seems to be the best useage of them(though if they do get the chance, shooting down observer aircraft wouldn't be too bad.)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 29, 2015, 12:10:31 pm »

It is funny how main issue for pilots of our aircraft is how to not stall and crash into the ground :D
I really doubt that observers will do many kills with its single Brumby.

I hope that after a year of experience revising of triplane will be relatively easy.

My idea for the next design phase:

Biplane, armed with a 7.62 machinegun on the nose and 20mm gun mounted in fuselage . Should be fast and nimble being anti-aircraft aircraft. Uses many advanced parts including light alloys, intended to be rare and issued only to the best pilots.

How does it sound? Of course it is combined with revision of the current plane to make it easier to handle and possibly cheaper. This way we will have fighter-ground attack aircraft for normal pilots and dedicated fighter for our aces.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:27:49 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 29, 2015, 01:05:25 pm »

It might be feasible, if nothing goes wrong and the enemy does nothing special.

However, designing something with the intent of being very rare might fail terribly if the enemy reduces our resource income.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 29, 2015, 01:10:22 pm »

Yeah, next year is definitely the time for a 2-3 man tank or armored car for fighting in the jungle, holding the plains, and possibly even getting into the mountains.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 29, 2015, 01:26:03 pm »

Next year we have many, many ways to develop. Light tank with focus on all-terrain movement is a nice option but there are many more good options.

Light tank may be the best way to try to hold jungles with new mobile 7.62 machinegun being another good option.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 29, 2015, 01:27:15 pm »

Question: are the trees important in the jungle?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 29, 2015, 01:40:32 pm »

Maybe we should create dedicated construction vehicles to help with resource extraction and building defenses?

A fast armored car that can hold a full squad of soldiers and an anti tank gun would be good but we have poor oil.

Radios?  We can add it on while we revise the crashing issue.

Giant Fan
A belted digging machine mounted on the back of the existing light truck with an enormous high speed fan.  The fan blows sand or crushed snow out towards the enemy or around encampments, creating an artificial dust/snow storm to slow advances and hide from aircraft.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 29, 2015, 03:37:37 pm »

the giant fan seems useless.

the light tank seems more interesting, although first I am curious to see how the situation developes this turn.

I am can't wait to see the motorcycle repaired and upgraded, but we are falling behind on so many fronts... not sure if we will ever find the time. I suppose it depends on the effectveness of our and their planes. among other things.

by the way, no propaganda bulletin this year. Starting from tomorrow however I should have much more free time.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 29, 2015, 03:45:07 pm »

Yes, rather than a fam smoke rounds for artillery should be employed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 29, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »

by the way, no propaganda bulletin this year. Starting from tomorrow however I should have much more free time.
Might not be good to do a propaganda bulletin this year or next year. They haven't been very good for Arstotzka, mostly thanks to those two spies.

Upgrading our bike would let it operate better in both the Jungles and the desert. It might even see use in the Mountains, in which case we'd be the only one with mechanised assets over there.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:07:52 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 29, 2015, 06:19:07 pm »

One more light tank idea.

Spoiler: AS-LT-20 (click to show/hide)

Upgrading our bike would let it operate better in both the Jungles and the desert. It might even see use in the Mountains, in which case we'd be the only one with mechanised assets over there.
Yes, but revising handling of our aircraft may be more important.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 29, 2015, 06:24:44 pm »

One more light tank idea.

Spoiler: AS-LT-20 (click to show/hide)

I still say a 3 man crew would work out better. Even if it's in the 7-8 ton range, if we can get at least a 75hp engine it'll provide it with enough speed to be useful, as well as enough protection from all but the strongest MGs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 29, 2015, 06:39:42 pm »

I really doubt that observers will do many kills with its single Brumby.
Wait what? They're using a Brumby? A Stallion would've made more sense due to having a higher caliber and thus longer range. This is good. Compared to our planes, their own will have less range, less rate of fire, and will do less damage. Moreover, the description of our train armour very explicitly stated that it can withstand .30 cal bullets with absolutely no issue, though HK rounds hadn't been tested. Since Brumbies use .30 cal, we have no need to worry about our supply lines being damaged.

Absolutely. I am 100% in agreement with you on this subject. The real question is whether good bikes are more important than radios. If so, then we should save the Design phase for a new plane instead of a radio and we'll use the Revision phase to upgrade our bikes.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 217