Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159579 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Production
« Reply #735 on: July 29, 2015, 09:33:17 am »

What's this Moksburg Ace thing anyway?
Some Struunk pilot managed to take down 3 of our tanks by himself. That makes him an Ace, though it doesn't do anything mechanically.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 29, 2015, 09:39:43 am »

we have a triplane. we deserve our Red baron

petition to paint our ace's triplane red.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 29, 2015, 09:45:41 am »

we have a triplane. we deserve our Red baron

petition to paint our ace's triplane red.
Petition denied. Copying Germany's national hero just two years after his death is disrespectful.

Glory to Arstotzka and the Red Baron.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 29, 2015, 09:53:05 am »

ah, right. I forgot we are going alongside the real world war.
well, then paint our ace's triplane white. if we ever get an aviation ace.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 29, 2015, 10:04:08 am »

We must call him Jammer. Shooting down flying radios for fun and profit. (yeah, I looked up their aircraft)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 29, 2015, 10:07:49 am »

I find their aircraft quite funny. They ask for something unarmed, and get a fighter which is arguably better than ours despite carrying half a ton of radio.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 29, 2015, 10:10:58 am »

Yeah, has anyone considered making a two seated plane? We could have the auto cannon used by the observer.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 29, 2015, 10:16:53 am »

Yeah, has anyone considered making a two seated plane? We could have the auto cannon used by the observer.
That's what I suggested but apparently nope. I heavily suspect Moskurg agent involvement, both for getting our requested designs so wrong and for its currently awful performance.

Some more time is spent tooling the AS-A18's to belt feed.
Heyyyy! We just got belt-fed A18s for free!

If possible without using Revision or Design phases, replace the trains' 1910s with belt-fed AC18s. Because let's face it, the only danger that can come to them is Moskurgan spies and planes. No need to use AP rounds for either of them.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:28:58 am by Andres »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 29, 2015, 10:20:58 am »

AC18 will be stuck with AP untill it is revised. Another drawback of API.

The primary advantages are more firepower and reduced recoil.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 29, 2015, 10:26:27 am »

It is dependent on a careful balance between the force of the shell and the force of the action, which means that different ammo types cannot be interchanged without recalibrating the gun.
It can use normal and AP equally as well, it just takes longer to switch between them than normal.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: If we design 5mm micro-SMGs, they could replace our sidearms and open up the path for 5mm miniguns.

EDIT2: It's 1:30AM so my ideas aren't the best right now. Good night.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:34:10 am by Andres »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 29, 2015, 10:37:07 am »

Now I am sure that Andres has relatives in Arstotzkan small arms industry.

I expect a hard turn for us even without possible problems from spies. Jungles 1/4 is very likely but I hope to not see 3/4 plains.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 29, 2015, 10:39:42 am »

well. their airplane isn't going to do much in the jungle, at least. maybe we will hold.

plains, however, are in danger. and from the way sensei described it, our airplane might be a flying trap. with all its problems, it might work well to hit ground targets, but it will be troubling to fight other aircrafts.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 29, 2015, 10:46:16 am »

They cant really do much to our ground units besides directing arty... Well, if we can shove autocannons on trucks that will do a fair amount. Also, if we manage to get our fighters to follow them home, then strafe them while landed...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 29, 2015, 10:52:10 am »

Yeah, they really lucked on the plane. Without a revision, they got something that is better than ours and carry half a ton of radio...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 29, 2015, 10:54:01 am »

I am more afraid of their revision then their design. I'll not spoil it, but it is nasty.

Their aircraft is a dangerous forward observer. Should it go close to our lines for strifing, it will have to survive ground based 20mms. It is not an easy task. As for aircraft vs aircraft I think it depends on how bad our handling is. Wording is not clear.

I hope that logistics effect from the truck will be noticeable, as well as increased number of T15
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 217