Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159488 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1918 Design
« Reply #570 on: July 28, 2015, 04:07:07 pm »

Yeah, as everyone says, basically a couple grunts could manhandle this to a new location working together, and maybe if long range transportation was needed this would either be broken down and carried that way or put on its own artillery carriage. Basically just slightly less portable than our heavy MGs if that can be done.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1918 Design
« Reply #571 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:33 pm »

Cool, cool. I was thrown off by someone mentioning this as a solution to not having mobile machine guns.

AS-AC18: An advanced primer ignition autocannon, which ignites cartridge primers before the round is fully chambered. It fires the new, large, 20x100mm round, fed from a top-mounted 25 round C-shaped magazine with a powerful spring, usually armor piercing, about 600 times per minute. The weapon is quite large with a simple action but heavy barrel, weighing over 40 kilograms, and it requires being mounted to a carriage, foundation, or vehicle to fire with accuracy, although recoil is reduced by the nature of its action. It is dependent on a careful balance between the force of the shell and the force of the action, which means that different ammo types cannot be interchanged without recalibrating the gun. It has a terrifying ability to punch through armor and emplacements. Costs 3 ore due to its size and the size of its ammo.

You have gained the technology for APIB action. Your very productive mines and somewhat lucky engineers have the gun inexpensive, which means it can be reliably deployed wherever it can be moved and there are enough men to crew it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1918 Revision
« Reply #572 on: July 28, 2015, 04:30:02 pm »

Not as portable as I'd like, but good enough! Any armor trying to retake ground will just get mowed down, and we can focus on other things for now.

As for revision, we have a couple choices: we can revise our SMG for APIB action, or we can make our motorcycle less of a widowmaker. I say we go for streghtening the motorcycle to not fall apart at the slightest provocation, and handle higher speeds safely.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 28, 2015, 04:36:40 pm »

Well, it seems it doesn't even need the AP ammo. I guess it'll just use normal bullets for the increased accuracy.

Review the carbine so it's a full-sized battle rifle and make it more reliable. Should remove its reliability issues and further making it more reliable after that will get us a fully-working carbine version. Since this is just a revision, I think we should call it the F14A. We can update the steam engine once we know for sure we can hold the Plains. If its performance is good enough, it might be enough to obsolete the Nosin.

Spoiler: proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: votes (click to show/hide)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 28, 2015, 04:41:13 pm »

You forgot my proposal to update our motorcycle :P

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 28, 2015, 04:44:07 pm »

hm. Honestly, I'd like to improve our motorcycle. I would also like to improve our resource gathering abilities, but then again, we don't have anything that really needs new resources yet ( the tank could use ore, but it currently lacks a front to fight on).

the rifle is also tempting. While the motorcycle is a matter of pride(it really is a good one), having more effective infantry all around would be a nice advantage.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 28, 2015, 04:45:24 pm »

You forgot my proposal to update our motorcycle :P
Didn't see your post come up. Sorry.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 28, 2015, 04:46:17 pm »

Looks like we got very good rolls here. No obvious problems...

As for revisions. Variants I like

1) Revise motorbike fixing it frame, and upgrading the sidecar to carry AS-AC18.
2) Good old attempt to make the SMG cheaper. IMO, API is not something that can be integrated in already existing
3) Trying to replace steam engines with diesels for our trains
4) Improving carabines (good for mountain front)
5) Developing a sniper version of nosin.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 28, 2015, 04:50:29 pm »

Oh hey, I didn't think on upgrading to a AC-18 for the sidecar mount! Good catch, I support this!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 28, 2015, 04:53:08 pm »

Think I'm going to vote for trying to make our SMG cheaper.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 28, 2015, 04:56:11 pm »

Review the carbine so it's a full-sized battle rifle and make it more reliable.

We need to appease small arms fans :D. To be more serious - it should benefit mountains front, while motorbike will do nothing for mountains.

Please, lets design a simple truck next turn.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 28, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »

Tryrar, dabm you and your ninja-like abilities!

And the next five people who ninjaed me!

As for my stance on revisions...

The bike: Not a horrible idea, but we /may/ be able to do better
SMG cheaper: Why? Its cheap enough for squad use, I dont see the point with giving everyone a SMG, and a carbine, and a rifle.
Diesel Train: Again, why? We have coal, We dont know if we have any alternative fuels for a diesel, and we need that oil for other stuff.
Carbines: See bike
Sniper: I think we where told that we need a design stage for that.

And now:

Sensei, can we use a revision to pull the main gun out of the tank and replace it with an autocannon or two?

-Ninja Six Edit-

Grah! Aaah! Maah! Ninja!

Also, I was thinking of suggesting we design a new tank, or rather a cross between a scout car and a tank, next turn.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 28, 2015, 05:04:34 pm »

Sensei, can we use a revision to pull the main gun out of the tank and replace it with an autocannon or two?
That would be possible, yes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 28, 2015, 05:10:46 pm »

^^ you mean like a tankette? Something crewed by two men at the most? Hrm, might be useful, but we'd get the same effect with a light tank, and it would be able to carry enough armor to stop the Stallions cold.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 28, 2015, 05:16:43 pm »

We need to appease small arms fans :D. To be more serious - it should benefit mountains front, while motorbike will do nothing for mountains.
Assuming we get its reliability up to scratch, the motorbike would do more in the Mountains than anywhere else. With it, our troops can navigate the rough terrain much faster, meaning more reinforcements, taking up good sniper/MG positions, and actually letting us assault their bases with our SMGS/shotguns. It's also less exhausting to ride through mountains than it is to walk through them, and there are a lot of mountains.

Ok, so I've been thinking about how we could build a plane. We're gonna need a few things if we're gonna make it work.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glory to Arstotzka.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 217