Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159407 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1918 Design
« Reply #495 on: July 28, 2015, 08:00:21 am »

I really don't like the way people do conditional voting. It really makes everything confusing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 28, 2015, 08:09:55 am »

Yet again, you want to make weapon that is slightly better than what we already have instead of creating something new. There are a reason why Russia and Germany used the same rifle in both world wars

If you want to win mountains via small arms, then sniper rifle is better. Please, don't vote for SAR :( 25% better service rifle will not win the war. It is if we manage to make it cheap.

And yes, conditional voting is a way to cheat the system
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 28, 2015, 08:14:33 am »

More to the point, it gives ineffective results due to confused GM. Just use the form.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 28, 2015, 08:15:36 am »

this is what I am working on for the propaganda : a propaganda newspaper.

does the link work? if so, what do you think? I'll write an article for each front, then fill the extra space with miscellaneous propaganda on how our stuff is great.
Do you have any way to save that as an image so I can post it directly rather than as a link?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 28, 2015, 08:18:44 am »

Likely SAR design results:

1) We are unlucky and gain a rifle that is worse than Nosin. Wasted action.
2) We get a better rifle that is more expensive
3) We get a rifle as cheap as Nosin and only slightly better (Like SVT-40 comparing to Mosin)
4) We get very lucky, get a rifle that is 50% than Nosin and see it stolen next turn.

We want designs that benefit us even if they are complete failure. Like that radio design of our enemies.

I am very Anti-SAR. It is an AWFUL strategical decision
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 28, 2015, 08:29:38 am »

I really don't like the way people do conditional voting. It really makes everything confusing.
Yeah but it's also more democratic.

And yes, conditional voting is a way to cheat the system
Cheating the system!? No, it is absolutely NOT cheating the system! First past the post voting is one of the worst types of democracies to exist and that countries actually use it to vote for governments is a travesty.
See these links for why FPP is so horrible and why alternative/preferential vote is better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE
Normally I'm not into politics but hearing someone say that preferential voting is cheating at democracy is apparently my berserk button.

The M1 Garand was a semi-automatic battle rifle.
Quote from: M1 Garand Wikipedia
The M1's semiautomatic operation gave United States forces a significant advantage in firepower and shot-to-shot recovery time over individual enemy infantrymen in battle. (German, Italian, and Japanese soldiers were usually armed with bolt-action rifles.) The semi-automatic operation and reduced recoil allowed soldiers to fire 8 rounds without having to move their hands on the rifle and therefore disrupt their firing position and point of aim. General George S. Patton called it "the greatest implement of battle ever devised."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 28, 2015, 08:29:56 am »

I vovte for the AT gun. Next step on the tank list for my badger
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:15 am »

Yeah, I don't see why the SAR shouldn't be a redesign. It's litteraly putting a single tech (semi-auto) we already own on the Mosin. Alternatively, it's an  AS-SAR17 with it's reliability and accuracy problem solved.

Well, at the very least the enemy won't steal it.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 28, 2015, 08:31:31 am »

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:34:27 am by andrea »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:44:44 am by Hiddenleafguy »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 28, 2015, 08:34:49 am »

Do you have any way to save that as an image so I can post it directly rather than as a link?
Use printscreen to take a screenshot, paste it in Paint (and crop it if you want), save it on your desktop, then upload the picture to imgur.

Yeah, I don't see why the SAR shouldn't be a redesign. It's litteraly putting a single tech (semi-auto) we already own on the Mosin. Alternatively, it's an  AS-SAR17 with it's reliability and accuracy problem solved.
We could use the redesign for something else. We could revise the SMG and get five times as many out there onto the field if we did. Alternatively, we could revise the T15's tread to be less complex. This would make the tank merely Expensive.

The previous link didn't work. This is great. Better than what I was making, even. Glory to Arstotzka. Glory to Arstotzka!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 28, 2015, 08:37:01 am »

well, I made my link more aestethically pleasing(now it appears as Propaganda!.  I think you might have messed up your explanation somewhere however, since it ended as a huge link :P

@andres thaks! print screen might not work however. This thing is big. I am afraid it would be unreadable. Still, I'll try.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 28, 2015, 08:37:17 am »

Well, at the very least the enemy won't steal it.

I seem to remember sensei saying that revising the mosin to be single shot would be a revision, but turning it semi-auto would require an entire design phase. This was a few turns back though, so our tech may allow for it now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 28, 2015, 08:37:45 am »

Yeah but it's also more democratic.
\
I'm fine with you doing it, but at the very least then clean up the bureaucracy you thus make, and update the form.

How is the 20mm autocannon man-portable?
The germans designed autocannon's in WW1 which weighted only 30 kg. Should be portable, though heavy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Becker_Type_M2_20_mm_cannon

Quote from: M1 Garand Wikipedia
The M1's semiautomatic operation gave United States forces a significant advantage in firepower and shot-to-shot recovery time over individual enemy infantrymen in battle. (German, Italian, and Japanese soldiers were usually armed with bolt-action rifles.) The semi-automatic operation and reduced recoil allowed soldiers to fire 8 rounds without having to move their hands on the rifle and therefore disrupt their firing position and point of aim. General George S. Patton called it "the greatest implement of battle ever devised."

Yes, but the United States army did not spend 50% of it's budget designing it.

We could use the redesign for something else. We could revise the SMG and get five times as many out there onto the field if we did. Alternatively, we could revise the T15's tread to be less complex. This would make the tank merely Expensive.
Ok, you've convinced me not to use the revision slot to make the gun. Haven't convinced me to use the design slot.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 28, 2015, 08:39:19 am »

The M1 Garand was a semi-automatic battle rifle.
As well as Russian SVT-40. And those two were the best rifles of ww2. But difference was marginal American soldier with Garand wasn't that more deadly than German soldier with his Mauser. And Russian soldier with SVT-40 wasn't much deadlier than Russian soldier with Mosin.

andrea
This newspaper is great.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:42:26 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 217