Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158934 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1911 Revision
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2015, 03:11:35 pm »

Lets deal with these mortar rounds first. Because, well, this just isint safe.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2015, 03:14:10 pm »

Yup. How about, since we're working on them anyway, we also develop a timed fuze.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 03:49:47 pm »

After that unfortunate incident with Experimental Weapons Team #1, the team sets about perfecting more reliable explosives.

[6] The dice are with you here. Your team perfects the explosives used in both the propellant and shell for the mortar, and implements a time fuse so that shells don't like unexploded, which is both safer for your own troops and causes them to be more effective against the enemy.

Now, we wait.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1912 Design
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2015, 04:46:33 pm »

Designs for a sawed-off Shotgun, along with its breech-loading mechanism and 12 gauge shells, have suddenly become available. Manufacturing the components requires tools in Imperial sizes, making it expensive. It could, however, be revised to metric.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2015, 04:53:25 pm »

Resize the 12 gauge shell up to 20mm.
Rebuild the Shotgun to have a single barrel and Start work on a 20mm explosive round.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2015, 04:55:19 pm »

While a retooled shotgun would be nice, it's clear we need an artillery piece that can compete with our enemy's. We need a big gun on the plains, or we're going to lose a lot of ground.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 05:01:29 pm »

Yah, longer range arty, or else a close-combat weapon, would be good. I dont think a shotgun would be be the best idea except in the trenches... Perhaps a 9mm SMG?

But then, we also have the breach-loading mechanism of their shotgun, which would be used for a grenade launcher...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2015, 05:13:27 pm »

Yup. We're also going to face some pain due to the enemy getting loads of new weaponry thanks to their ore.

Now then, a response to the Moskovan threat. A more advanced artillery piece that should be able to decimate their lines.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2015, 05:15:18 pm »

+1 to that.

For revision, unless the gun is messed up somehow, lets work on the engine, get some ore for ourselves.

Also, Sensei, how do we go about getting a new research slot?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:17:03 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2015, 05:25:07 pm »

Well, oil's also a problem. Though more ore would be fun.

I also considered instead designing a 40 mm autocannon. As those are magazine fed, we could use the opportunity to upgrade magazine technology and give Nosin's to everyone.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2015, 05:28:07 pm »

Also, Sensei, how do we go about getting a new research slot?
Neither side will get one for a little while, at least.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2015, 05:39:24 pm »

Revising the shotgun we have could allow us to competently fight in CC while our artillery lets us fight from afar. On the other hand, we can revise our clips so our pistols and Nosins can work better. It'll also open up portable automatic weapons. I think we should go with this because it improves two existing weapons (one of them is CC) and lets us develop better ones.

+1

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:04:58 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 05:56:03 pm »

I'd rather upgrade our trains now, then try to get the clip technology when we deploy an autocannon (if we do so).

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2015, 06:06:24 pm »

I'd rather upgrade our trains now, then try to get the clip technology when we deploy an autocannon (if we do so).
Then lets build an armoured train

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2015, 06:08:00 pm »

We are getting close to winning the Mountains, meaning we'll get more Ore and they'll get less, even if we don't improve our trains. Magazines will let us make SMGs which will let us win in urban areas, in the trenches, and it'll let them properly assault enemy Mines. It will also let us develop autocannons like you want.

Then lets build an armoured train
Why? Our trains are not in danger of being destroyed.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 217