Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159498 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1919 Production
« Reply #765 on: July 29, 2015, 06:44:52 pm »

Wait what? They're using a Brumby?
They designed an unarmed scout but engineers added a single Brumby out of their own initiative.

New aircraft is tempting. Problem is that if it will be mediocre we will still spend a revision.

TOO FEW ACTION SLOTS :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 29, 2015, 07:00:37 pm »

New aircraft is tempting. Problem is that if it will be mediocre we will still spend a revision.

Mediocre is better than what we have. Now, even though controlling the skies should be our biggest priority, we do actually need to do something about our situation in the Jungle. Moskurg is advancing and if we don't do something about that they'll control it by 1921. If they do, they'll have access to Ore and Oil and it'll be very difficult to get them out.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:40:15 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 29, 2015, 07:03:30 pm »

Mediocre is better than what we have. Now, even though controlling the skies should be our biggest priority, we do actually need to do something about our situation in the Jungle. Moskurg is advancing and if we don't do something about that they'll control it by 1921. If they do, they'll have access to Ore and Oil and it'll be very difficult to get them out.

Tank/scout car should be the solution there. Not a lot SMGs can do agianst proper armor. Or we could go the flamethrower route...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 29, 2015, 07:15:57 pm »

We have three light tank designs which say just about exactly the same thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 29, 2015, 07:22:41 pm »

If we're getting an armoured car designed for the jungle, its turret should be able to mount a detachable MC18 for anti-vehicle or a detachable 1910 for anti-infantry. A tank cannon is unnecessary.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:40:30 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 29, 2015, 07:29:02 pm »

If we're getting an armoured car designed for the jungle, its turret should be able to mount a detachable MC18 for anti-vehicle or a detachable 1910 for anti-infantry. A tank cannon is unnecessary.

Coaxial mg mate, it's a thing
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 29, 2015, 07:34:26 pm »

Coaxial mg mate, it's a thing
The thing about tank turrets - especially early turrets - is that they're slow to turn. In the Jungle, ambushes play a large role due to the low visibility and our reaction time to those ambushes need to be high. A tank cannon would rotate too slowly and they take too long to reload.

We could make an RPG if we wanted to. Our Light Mortar's description says it works similar to one.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:40:42 pm by Andres »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 29, 2015, 07:49:28 pm »

BTW, I think we are becoming Moksburgish in designs. Too many details, fancy and risky projects. Should stop that.

I think I decided want I want for the next turn.

Spoiler: AS-A20-F (click to show/hide)

This way A19 may stay in a role of ground attack aircraft\aces' toy, while A20 ill be mainline cheap fighter for winning the war by numbers.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 29, 2015, 07:52:11 pm »

BTW, I think we are becoming Moksburgish in designs. Too many details, fancy and risky projects. Should stop that.

I think I decided want I want for the next turn.

Spoiler: AS-A20-F (click to show/hide)

This way A19 may stay in a role of ground attack aircraft\aces' toy, while A20 ill be mainline cheap fighter for winning the war by numbers.

A tank isn't risky, we basically have all the prerequisite tech:Treads, Vehicle Armor, Petrol Engines, 20mm Autocannon. Should eb a simple matter of pulling that all together

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 29, 2015, 07:58:54 pm »

Also, if we have a two seater biplane, we can give the observer an auto-cannon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 29, 2015, 08:01:30 pm »

A tank isn't risky, we basically have all the prerequisite tech:Treads, Vehicle Armor, Petrol Engines, 20mm Autocannon. Should eb a simple matter of pulling that all together
The only thing we're missing is Turret technology but it shouldn't be too difficult to design, considering it'd be the only new piece of technology we'd be developing.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 29, 2015, 08:06:37 pm »

We could make an RPG if we wanted to. Our Light Mortar's description says it works similar to one.

Glory to Arstotzka.
I resubmit my grenade rocket pistol.
Spoiler: Thunder pistol Mk 1 (click to show/hide)
It should be cheap and small size so every soldier can carry one.
(Even if it's costly it a small  weapon so thay can carry a normal gun as well.)

The only thing we're missing is Turret technology but it shouldn't be too difficult to design, considering it'd be the only new piece of technology we'd be developing.
+1 to tanks
Glory to Arstotzka.
Edit: don't forget the Hydro-pneumatic Suspension

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:08:37 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 29, 2015, 11:15:47 pm »

Since I'm going to be going to bed soon, I'm gonna resumbit my tank for the next design phase:

Spoiler: T-20 Light Tank (click to show/hide)

And before you guys get on my case about the frontal armor, I'd like to remond you that the FT-17 had 22mm frontal, and it was the most successful tank of WWI. (It also was slow as balls, but it only had a 39hp engine as well, so a 75hp engine is a big improvement!)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:19:27 pm by tryrar »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 29, 2015, 11:34:39 pm »

Since I'm going to be going to bed soon, I'm gonna resumbit my tank for the next design phase:

Spoiler: T-20 Light Tank (click to show/hide)
You can't get a tank that has thicker and higher quality armour than our current T15 and call it a "light" tank.

As for me, this is my own design for an armoured car as well as the others.
Spoiler: AS-MV20 (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Hit Post instead of Preview. Editing.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT2: Looked back up until we made the plane and couldn't find other designed for an armoured car, only another for a light tank.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:50:11 pm by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 29, 2015, 11:37:45 pm »

That just goes to show you how much our current "tank" sucks :P It's an extremely heavy behemoth that has paper armor, whereas this is an 8-ton tank that's better in every respect.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 217