Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159403 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1918 Design
« Reply #525 on: July 28, 2015, 09:41:50 am »

I say /number would be for something that has multiple barrels(like a multiple mount AA). -20 would denote barrel size (like 20mm autocannon)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 28, 2015, 09:43:15 am »

Ґ ґ - my suggestion for the currency symbol

A3 is fine, IMO

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 28, 2015, 09:46:52 am »

Awesome. Don't forget to put this in the OOC.

1)how to resize?
2)the cyrillic A proposed for the currency looks exactly like a normal A. do we go with it, or pick another?
3) anything you think needs corrected?
1) In Paint, click 'Resize' (next to the select button, but make sure nothing is selected), click 'Pixels', make sure 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' is ticked, change either the horizontal or the vertical to a smaller number (it'll do the other automatically), and finally click 'OK'.
2) Keep it.
3) "While the Moskurg army flees and regroups, our brilliant engineers work on fortifying the new border, repairing the railroad and resettling the region" is missing a comma. I added it into the quote.

EDIT: "Evicted from their trenches and their unlawful homes, the cowardly enemies fled back to their native desert..."

EDIT2: "...the cowardly enemies fled back to their native desert, hoping to hide in the hot sands. After a brief incursion to follow them, the high command of Arstotzka decided to allow them to flee and tell the news of our inevitable advance.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:49:45 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 28, 2015, 09:47:41 am »

Ahh, what the hell, I'll switch my vote for the AS-AC18-20. We don't need quite that big an AT gun yet, and this will get us a gun that can be used in aircraft as well.

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 28, 2015, 09:52:15 am »

Looks like no proper tank gun anytime soon :(

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 28, 2015, 09:53:44 am »

Looks like no proper tank gun anytime soon :(

If something more armored than their current vehicles shows up, I'll support a 35mm AT gun all the way. Right now, we can use the flexibility mre.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 28, 2015, 09:55:53 am »

I change my vote to the at18

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 28, 2015, 10:02:24 am »

Vote updated. Sensei!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 28, 2015, 10:08:47 am »

changed vote to AS-AC18-20. it should still work well against their armored vehicles, and it does have some versatility.

If there are no more corrections to make, I'll post my propaganda in the main thread.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:16:21 am by andrea »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 28, 2015, 10:13:58 am »

10ebbor10 bases his design on a gun that used 20mm*70mm rounds.   The bullet used is shorter then 12.7mm*99mm milimeter that 0.5 browning calibre uses.  Tank armed with this = tankette. Good early aircraft weapon, sure. BTW if we really want it to be somewhat portable, then 20*70mm caliber should be mentioned in description. We are designing our own Stallion (somewhat thicker but likely shorter bullets, If their 0.6 is proportional to realworld 0.5 it should be 15.25*120mm)  with API tech not a cannon

For reference: Proper light tank, Panzer II used 20mm*138mm rounds.

I am sure that Hiddenleafguy changed his vote, not did his second choice vote
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:21:59 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 28, 2015, 10:17:01 am »

I think you are right, updated my post to match

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 28, 2015, 10:17:37 am »

Wait, I get a second choice?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 28, 2015, 10:19:36 am »

Well it was introduced by Andres. I don't really like such kind of voting and prefer no conditional - "if A don't get enough votes, I vote for B" in voting system.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:27:42 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 28, 2015, 10:33:23 am »

Hmm, point. If we want a proper autocannon we should at least have 20x100mm rounds. Might hurt portability, but if API blowback becomes a thing that might make up some of that.

Edit: In fact, I'm only keeping my vote for this if we use a 20mmx100mm round. An autocannon round shouldn't be less than 100mm long
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:42:26 am by tryrar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 28, 2015, 10:55:27 am »

Same here. If its not, the vote goes to the 37mm cannon.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 217