Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159410 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1929 Revision
« Reply #2175 on: August 13, 2015, 10:18:20 am »

Oh, I agree, it just gives some extra Ooooomph to our armored cars. Basically, give them something with more explosive to shoot when they need to dispatch groups of enemy infantry in the jungle, or shoot at enemy's armored vehicle.
The "Ooooomph" will be minor, really. Autocannon already deals with their armor and dispatching groups of enemy infantry with 30mm rockets will require those groups to basically hug each other.
I vote for plane engines tho, obviously because I want it to tie.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 13, 2015, 10:22:01 am »

Spoiler: revision proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: revision votes (click to show/hide)

TIE! ( sheb, yout are for now placed under rocket vehicles. Not sure if I at least convinced you to jump on rocket planes)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: August 13, 2015, 10:22:46 am »

They're 50 mm RPG grenades. We already have anti-infantry warhead for them.

Andrea: Rocket vehicles and rockets planes are the same thing. We just need to add rocket to them. Give me gaffer tape and a length of wire and I'll do it myself.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 13, 2015, 10:30:39 am »

for that kind of adding, you don't need revision. Just tell the armored car gunner to carry an RPG. they can fire trhough the existing gunner hatch. I thought you wanted them properly integrated? if not, there is no reason to spend a revision on adding them to land vehicles where our infantry version works just as well.

edit: anyway, feel free to edit the proposal list and add your vote as you see fit.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 13, 2015, 10:34:53 am »

I'll support that actually.

An upsized version of our RPG designed to be mounted on vehicles will give us quite a bit of firepower.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 13, 2015, 10:35:37 am »

It's a revision if we wants racks of rockets outside the vehicle with inside fire control.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2181 on: August 13, 2015, 10:44:34 am »

No, stop, don't.
Upsized (like, really upsized) rockets could work, but right now the gain would be very damn small. 30mm (Last when I checked the tube was 30mm and warheads apparently went all the way in. And even if it's 50mm, all this still applies) would be really weak when it comes to shooting enemy infantry (RPG-7 fragmentation is 40mm (only because international treaties, eh) and is pretty shitty (Wikipedia pulled 150m lethal from ass or propaganda, you would have to be unluckiest person in the world to get killed at 150m) even with pretty powerful explosives (we don't have those) put in it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 13, 2015, 10:49:23 am »

No, it's fairly clear from the description the warhead and fins don't fit in our RPG tube. It's an inaccurate RPG-7. With our larger warhead, we could have a 10 or 15m kill radius, which is already good.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: August 13, 2015, 10:55:42 am »

Anyway, it's called a revision for a reason, right?

Spoiler: AS-RPG28-130 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:23:22 am by 10ebbor10 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: August 13, 2015, 11:16:01 am »

what is that 130? the size? if so, I don't think we can upscale that much on a revision.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 13, 2015, 11:24:50 am »

Just tell them to double the numbers. What's the worst that could happen?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:52 am »

with a rocket of 13cm of diameter? on a revision, with previous rockets being only 30mm?

The worst that could happen is our vehicles blowing up all the time. Pretty fireworks however. ( although I expect it to be a design fail rather than such a catastrophic outcome)

Keep numbers reasonable. A bit larger, sure. but not a number that is 2.5 to 4+ times our only other rocket grenade.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 13, 2015, 11:31:39 am »

The worst that could happen is our vehicles blowing up all the time. Pretty fireworks however. ( although I expect it to be a design fail rather than such a catastrophic outcome)

You hear a voice from the depths of the Oubliette
"I'm ok with that!"

Moskurg thread is basically done for this turn, so I'm bored. Sorry.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 13, 2015, 11:40:55 am »

Not much of a point doing it then. Well, let's go back and see what all our problems are.

Air

Not many problems. Enemy scopes are ineffective, but our planes are not as effective as they should be for some reason.

Desert

Enemy artillery is devastating our positions. Enemy snipers and tanks outrange us thanks to our scopes.

Mountains

Enemy sniper is being quite effective, combined with their mobile machine gun

Jungle

They win close range- medium, we get longer range.

We obviously can't fix all these problems. The sniper we're going to solve next turn, so I think it should be great to work on our short range  and artillery problems this turn.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:44:59 am by 10ebbor10 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 13, 2015, 11:43:03 am »

Their artillery was only so effective because of their radio advantage. I hope to kick that. SMG or more rockets would help in the jungle. Better planes could cut their ore.

We really need a good anti-sniper doctrine.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 217