Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159523 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1928 Production
« Reply #2025 on: August 10, 2015, 04:57:44 pm »

Yep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: August 10, 2015, 05:00:16 pm »

Another great idea for Kot's art: pimpy armored car full of precious metal and gems.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: August 10, 2015, 05:01:42 pm »

So long as it looks sorta like a ferret armored car.

Except... We sorta lost our turret on that? Odd. I had been thinking that it needed to be open to fire, but we dont seem to have one at all... Well, thats gonna be in the  eventual redesign.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:04:03 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: August 10, 2015, 05:24:00 pm »

11) Assault rifle
+Very useful in Jungle and urban environments, marginally useful in Mountains
- Useless in the open Desert (unless sidecar guys can use it)

12) Designed uniform (body armour + ghillie suits)

+ Useful in literally every theatre of war
+ Negates enemy Cascade advantage
+ Improved ambushes

Moskurg citizens use Cascades for self-defence and getting body armour which can stop 9mm pistol rounds should greatly increase troop survivability in the cities.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:33 pm »

I was rushing because I was near the end of a lunch break >.>

I'll just not post if I don't have the time to look up everything I need to I guess.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:27:39 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2030 on: August 10, 2015, 05:32:55 pm »

11) Assault rifle
+Very useful in Jungle and urban environments, marginally useful in Mountains
- Useless in the open Desert (unless sidecar guys can use it)

12) Designed uniform (body armour + ghillie suits)

+ Useful in literally every theatre of war
+ Negates enemy Cascade advantage
+ Improved ambushes

Moskurg citizens use Cascades for self-defence and getting body armour which can stop 9mm pistol rounds should greatly increase troop survivability in the cities.

Glory to Arstotzka.
We don't actually need body-armor for everyone, we could make steel armor for just shocktroops, like, again, glorious Soviet comrades (or WWI Germans). It would actually be better, as having everyone running around in it (I don't think we could make Kevlar yet, it's 60s thing and those silk stuff that was made before is proably useless at longer-than-stabbing range) would hamper our abilities, especially in desert. Also, couldn't it be squeezed into revision? :<
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:36:39 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: August 10, 2015, 05:48:11 pm »

We don't actually need body-armor for everyone, we could make steel armor for just shocktroops, like, again, glorious Soviet comrades (or WWI Germans). It would actually be better, as having everyone running around in it (I don't think we could make Kevlar yet, it's 60s thing and those silk stuff that was made before is proably useless at longer-than-stabbing range) would hamper our abilities, especially in desert. Also, couldn't it be squeezed into revision? :<
Our current armour was made in the previous decade and it was reported that it was effective at stopping flak. Sensei flat-out said that if we want the armour to stop machine gun rounds it has to be put through Design. We tried doing it through Revision but all it did was make it lighter.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I talked to Stirk about it and he said the idea was plausible. Let me bring up the quotes.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:51:04 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: August 10, 2015, 05:52:11 pm »

Personal armor is silly unless you have cheap kevlar you will never design anything that can stop a bullet. Armor on photo above is anti-shrapnel and had little chance to stop MP40 from killing you
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: August 10, 2015, 05:53:35 pm »

It's definitely possible. Just let me bring up the conversation I had with Stirk about it. Ned Kelly proved the concept was possible back in the last century at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: August 10, 2015, 05:55:42 pm »

Silk armor?  Expensive as hell.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: August 10, 2015, 05:56:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: August 10, 2015, 06:10:48 pm »

My primary problem that is that the ability to move seems quite essential for our infantry.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: August 10, 2015, 06:17:11 pm »

indeed. A better solution to the problem of fighting in the cities would be removing the cities.

How does a 3000 mm artillery piece sound to you?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: August 10, 2015, 06:18:48 pm »

I hope you added a zero to much to that.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2039 on: August 10, 2015, 06:20:19 pm »

Personal armor is silly unless you have cheap kevlar you will never design anything that can stop a bullet. Armor on photo above is anti-shrapnel and had little chance to stop MP40 from killing you
Actually no, Steel bib (the armor on photo) had a great chance (almost 100% as of version SN-42) of stopping MP40 bullets at 10-100m unless special, steel core ammo was used (but that was created later on in the war), which was proven by Soviets at Stalingrad. Mentioned Brewster Body Shield existed, and also German Infanterie-Panzer armor (though I can't get hold on how useful it was) from late WWI did.
My primary problem that is that the ability to move seems quite essential for our infantry.
This is why I proposed we give it only to shocktroops dealing with fighting Moskurgans in their cities. It should be expensive, at least.

HOLY GOD-EMPEROR SHIT-PANTS PEOPLE NEW REPLY NEW REPLY NEW REPLY WARNING WARNING ARGHHH
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 217