Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159072 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1914 Design
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2015, 02:27:13 pm »

I think Howitzer gets my vote for now.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1914 Design
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2015, 02:27:50 pm »

It looks like votes are in favor of the Carbine overall.

The mechanisms used in your handgun were deemed insufficient to withstand rifle rounds, so a more robust method was required. Otherwise, the gun is based off the Nosin frame, but shortened.

AS-F14: A 7.62mm, semi-automatic rifle. It is an open bolt blowback action, and holds seven rounds in its internal magazine (resembling that of the Nosin)- with more than that, clip loading became unwieldy. Unlike the Nosin, the bolt has a small, non-rotating handle on the side of the gun. It has adjustable iron sights. The weight of the moving action makes the gun difficult to control compared to the Nosin, and it has shown some problems with the mechanism becoming dirty in field testing.

Bad dice rolls means no detachable box magazines for you! Well, except the ones that take pistol rounds. You have gained the Blowback Action technology.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1914 Revision
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2015, 02:35:02 pm »

Eh. So for our revision, I was thinking we could either do that train revision we've been putting off forever..OR revise our machine gun, specifically making it lighter so that it can be operated and carried by a 1 to 2 man squad rather than the three it requires now.

Edit:We could also take a stab at premptive correction of potential failure points of our new rifle(better sealing of the reciever and chamber to prevent dirt, second attempt at detachable mags)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:42:07 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2015, 02:41:42 pm »

Alternatively, finally get the hydropneumatic artillery system working.

My vote goes to :

1. Modify our trains by adding a superheater and conduit engines. More power and more fuel efficiency.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:47:10 pm by 10ebbor10 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2015, 02:44:42 pm »

Alternatively, finally get the hydropneumatic artillery system working.

My vote goes to :

1. Modify our trains by adding a superheater and conduit engines. More power and more fuel efficiency.

+1 to that. this will help with resource gathering and hopefully bring costs down-as well as allow us to potentially build things we couldn't before because they were too expensive to attempt!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2015, 02:48:01 pm »

Oh, and if we can, add a thin layer of armor. No one shoots our drivers.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2015, 03:39:48 pm »

Model 51 S: A new steam engine, based on the original model 51, includes a superheater system, where steam from the boiler is routed through the furnace to be heated further before being used. This is considerably more efficient than the old design and offers more power for the same amount of coal. In preparation for war, the trains are fitted with armor around the boiler, and the cabin window are fitted with hatches that can closed, and have narrow slats for viewing.

Its effectiveness against the .60 caliber Horsekiller round remains to be seen, but it stops 7.62 rounds in their tracks.

You have gained Steam Superheating, Simple Vehicle Armor. This train will enable you to process 4 resources.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2015, 03:40:34 pm »

Huzzuh! We can use that extra metal now!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1915 Design
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2015, 05:39:27 pm »

Ok, new proposals. We got more Ore. Status report is bad.

We're losing in the mountains and Jungle, and though we're holding in the plains, we're still pushed back. The enemy will soon get more ore, making his weaponry much more plentifull.

1) That mountain Howitzer. It should allow us to once again damage the enemy mines, and hurt the enemy in the Jungle.

Spoiler: AS-1915 (click to show/hide)

2) Steampowered Cargo vessel

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3) 320 mm Railway artillery

4) motorcycle

I vote for our mountain Artillery piece.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2015, 05:57:41 pm »

The seas are really nasty, though for inshore work... possibly.

I support the mountain gun, although I think that perhaps making a new sidearm or even a grenade launcher may be a better idea.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2015, 05:58:52 pm »

Don't think we need a new side-arm, the semi-auto gun replaced it.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2015, 06:01:53 pm »

I support 320mm railway artillery. Lets bring really large guns in.

Alternatively, 240mm railway artillery may be easier to produce.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2015, 06:13:50 pm »

Spoiler: Thunder pistol Mk 1 (click to show/hide)
It's a grenade launcher side-arm.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:41 pm »

Lets design  stuff that consumes metal. We have 3 ore to exploit.

Also, we need to open new kind of warfare, because it can change this infantry vs infantry war.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:41:26 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2015, 06:30:12 pm »

*sigh* See? I told you that making our machine gun portable would give us an advantage. Now instead it's Moskurg with the great machine gun and making ground in ALL THREE FRONTS. In the Mountains and Jungle we're even being outclassed in ambush tactics! We NEED to level the playing field in that area. I also think we should revise our carbine to require less maintenance. It works well but it's hampered by its poor reliability. If not, then we can revise the trains to mount our current artillery. The extra mobility and better angle would certainly help, though it would only be of use on the Plains, unlike the carbine which is also used in the Jungle.

Design the AS-MG15

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:02:27 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 217