Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158805 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1926 Design
« Reply #1500 on: August 05, 2015, 01:37:12 pm »

Spoiler: AS-ATRG26 (click to show/hide)
While i haven't given up on the idea of a rocket pistol is this case big should be better.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 05, 2015, 02:34:34 pm »

Spoiler: votes (click to show/hide)

If I missed someone say so. I think that 80mm self-propelled gun is not a great way to counter anything because it uses almost 20 year old gun. Also it is plain useless in jungles. Finally, if we fail to improve engine, we will get yet another national effort weapon.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:37:33 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 05, 2015, 02:38:26 pm »

the problem with the 80mm self propelled gun as a tank counter is not that the gun is 20 years old ( on the battlefield it still works well), but that it is not really a counter. it doesn't actually solve any big problem we had.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 05, 2015, 02:41:31 pm »

Voting for the AS-MAT26-50

A better name is probably the AS-SU26-50
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 05, 2015, 02:42:17 pm »

Funny how if we lose plains without taking mountains we can very well surrender, because we will have not a single chance. Even with exchange of plains to mountains chances will be very slim.

Wonder what will their spy steal this time....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 05, 2015, 02:47:36 pm »

well, keep in mind that the outcome depends on what we design and revise this turn. there are things that allow us to stay in the game, especially if we manage to make at least fuel injection cheap.

of course, the best results are if we keep plains. keeping plains is crucial to the war in the air in the short term and the war in the ground in the medium-long. still, the biggest factor in the ground war is the revision of our engine, I think. If we manage to get a good roll on that , we will be able to fight decently even after losing the extra resources. Plus we can use revision to add the new engine tech to some of our other things.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:51:54 pm by andrea »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 05, 2015, 03:00:06 pm »

Situation would be so much simpler if we went for focused insert simple engine in the tank kind of revision... or didn't try to design the tank with super-uber-mega-engine in the first place.

Now we lost initiative trying to get something with them designing whatever they want. - new aircraft and we lose skies, new something infantry related and we lose 1 point in jungles in mountains, their first naval ship and we lose one point of resources

We can only hope for good rolls for us and poor rolls for them this turn.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 05, 2015, 03:02:54 pm »

the problem with the tank was that the first one to propose it wrote a turbocharger. then somebody pointed out that we should use fuel injection, since we already had that tech. Nobody remembered to say that only one of those should be implemented. And so sensei included both.

personally, I wanted to vote for no turbocharger but fuel injection. but sadly I didn't write it, and we know how it ended.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 05, 2015, 03:04:45 pm »

At least it got no autoloader :D

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 05, 2015, 03:32:58 pm »

I am voting for the redesign as well.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 05, 2015, 03:44:18 pm »

an exact redesign seems a waste to me, considering we got all the tanky parts right. At least you could try designing something else with that engine... same chance of getting cheap engine, but we get 2 vehicles. I don't know what, propose a plane using both turbocharger and fuel injection maybe? anything but repeating the exact same design we did last time.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 05, 2015, 03:55:30 pm »

yes, anything, barring giant robots, is better than wasting a full design action on creating a tank that is very similar to what we already have. 

I fail to see why anyone may think that it is a good idea.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 05, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »

Okay so what about a low profile, forward facing light tank with a 3 meter long barrel 50mm gun concentrating on anti armor rounds, include fuel injection for fast moving, this shouldn't be more then 4 ore 2 oil, making it expensive or inexpensive.

We get a cheap and accurate anti tank role vehicle, work on fuel injection.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 05, 2015, 04:20:46 pm »

Anyone have a list of proposals?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 05, 2015, 04:27:35 pm »

It is Something like

80mm Self-propelled artillery
Design new tank from scratch
Tank destroyer armed with a 50mm gun
Funk's anti-tank rocket rifle
Tryrar's lightweight assault rifle
My own assault rifle with few differences
My boat
My recoilless rifle

only top 4 have votes
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 217