Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158888 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1925 Revision
« Reply #1425 on: August 04, 2015, 11:38:19 pm »

Your engineers set to work trying to perfect their complicated motor, and reduce the number of steps involved in its manufacture.

You succeed in making the fuel injectors less prone to flooding the engine. There is talk of eliminating redundant pumps with a fuel recycling system, but your engineers don't get a working version this year. The Turbo and Injectors both stay expensive.

This is unfortunate for your tank, which isn't easily retrofitted with a different engine in time. On the bright side, Arstotzka has the fastest race cars in Forenia thanks to your work.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: Thankfully though, it's not gonna be too bad since the only really dangerous thing they created was a heavier artillery piece(the other thing was an assault rifle that turned into a worse Brumbly)

Edit Edit:Is it a revision to place the DT25 on an artillery carriage, or is that something that just makes sense and can be done for free?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:50:20 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1925 Production
« Reply #1426 on: August 04, 2015, 11:51:44 pm »

A revision, I think, its design is pretty integrated into the tank.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 04, 2015, 11:55:17 pm »

A revision, I think, its design is pretty integrated into the tank.

Damn :(. Oh well, we can work on that later, we just have to avoid being pushed back out of the plains and we're good this turn.

Priority targets for our bombers: Their new tank is to be killed on sight. Divert most, if not all of our airforce to this mission of tankhunting. This lasts until we can get the t25 up and running. Speaking of which, our sole t25 is to be stationed at the edge of the plains in case of a breakthrough from them so it can help defend.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 05, 2015, 12:22:04 am »

Holy crap we got a shit roll there.

Priority targets for our bombers: Their new tank is to be killed on sight. Divert most, if not all of our airforce to this mission of tankhunting. This lasts until we can get the t25 up and running. Speaking of which, our sole t25 is to be stationed at the edge of the plains in case of a breakthrough from them so it can help defend.
Cancel this order. Posting why in a bit.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 05, 2015, 12:24:19 am »

Priority targets for our bombers: Their new tank is to be killed on sight. Divert most, if not all of our airforce to this mission of tankhunting. This lasts until we can get the t25 up and running.
Cancel the order. All bombers in the Mountains are to instead be transferred to the Desert. There should only be enough fighters in the Mountains to hold the line. Bombers will continue operations in the Jungle with their new orders (flares+night=targets for bombers) and again, there should only be enough fighters in the Jungle to hold the line in the air. The rest should indeed be transferred to the Desert.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:40:42 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 05, 2015, 12:27:38 am »

Priority targets for our bombers: Their new tank is to be killed on sight. Divert most, if not all of our airforce to this mission of tankhunting. This lasts until we can get the t25 up and running.
Cancel the order. All bombers in the Mountains are to instead be transferred to the Desert. There should only be enough fighters in the Mountains to hold the line. Bombers will continue operations in the Jungle with their new orders (flare+night=target for bomber) and again, there should only be enough fighters in the Jungle to hold the line in the air. The rest should indeed be transferred to the Desert.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Hrm, yeah I can get behind that. Go with this instead

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 05, 2015, 12:34:51 am »

Cancel the order. All bombers in the Mountains are to instead be transferred to the Desert. There should only be enough fighters in the Mountains to hold the line. Bombers will continue operations in the Jungle with their new orders (flare+night=target for bomber) and again, there should only be enough fighters in the Jungle to hold the line in the air. The rest should indeed be transferred to the Desert.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Hrm, yeah I can get behind that. Go with this instead

Seems sensible.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 05, 2015, 02:41:01 am »

So it is a national effort because it is expensive due to it's normal cost and has two complex parts?

We could just reduce the armor and engine size to make it a super fast light tank-killer at like 4 ore 2 oil with two complex parts.

The description specifically says that both parts will not become less complex as long as a mechanical control is in place.

Anyway, looks like we just totally wasted a turn.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 05, 2015, 02:44:34 am »

So it is a national effort because it is expensive due to it's normal cost and has two complex parts?

We could just reduce the armor and engine size to make it a super fast light tank-killer at like 4 ore 2 oil with two complex parts.

The description specifically says that both parts will not become less complex as long as a mechanical control is in place.

Anyway, looks like we just totally wasted a turn.

Actually there's a way to reduce complexity on the fuel injection that eliminates the excess pumps and makes it a lot cheaper(I linked to it). And for turbo, all we really need is to just refine it to reduce costs. It's not impossible to make them non-expensive, just takes more than one year's effort. In the end, it'll be worth it when we're able to build some pretty advanced engines that give a lot of power for a small package.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 05, 2015, 02:50:41 am »

Oh I am not saying the design was a bad one... we just got bad rolls.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 05, 2015, 03:18:21 am »

Considering their tanks are Very Expensive, it shouldn't be impossible for our armoured cars to simply drive past them and hit their artillery. Their guns can only rotate so quickly after all and our armoured cars are cheap.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1926 Design
« Reply #1436 on: August 05, 2015, 03:25:00 am »

it is gonna be a baaaaaad turn. Morals - don't be greedy :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 05, 2015, 03:27:58 am »

it is gonna be a baaaaaad turn. Morals - don't be greedy :)
Greedy with what!? Having a list of things to revise doesn't decrease the chance of successful revision on the things on top of the list. We failed to get good fuel injection because of a bad roll. There was no other reason.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 05, 2015, 03:29:42 am »

Why the hell we counter intelligence every damned turn? It is an awful kind of action. It reduces their chance of success, but it gives us ZERO chances to get anything.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 05, 2015, 03:32:04 am »

We tried to steal a radio last turn.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 217