Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158954 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1925 Revision
« Reply #1395 on: August 04, 2015, 05:20:05 pm »

actually, since cheapening either the turbo or the fuel injector will have equal effects on the cost, wouldn't it be better to improve the injector first? it is a bit quirky and already implemented on existing designs. If we revise it, we might be able to field more planes, more effective. a cheap turbocharger mounted on planes improves performance, but doesn't improve cost.

my proposal for a revise action is
make the engine cheaper. Start with streamlining and improving the fuel injection, then simplify the turbocharged if possible. If cheapening is not possible, substitute with a simpler engine similar to that in our trucks.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 04, 2015, 05:42:48 pm »

Revise our plane engines. First priority is getting the fuel-injection simple. Second priority is decreasing fuel requirement from 3 to 2.

This'll make our HF Expensive and our tank Very Expensive. If we succeed in revising the second priority, we get both our DB and our HF cheap. A cheap dive bomber can take out their Expensive tanks easily and our cheap HFs will outnumber and outperform anything they send to destroy our DBs.

New order: At night in the Jungle, mortars can fire flares to signal dive bombers and allow them to hit emplacements or tanks. We destroy their stuff and they can't fight back due to it being night time. Our dive bombers are quick so the enemy has even less reaction time than when they hit us with their bombers.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Cease production of the T15. I said to do this last year but I think it was too late.

EDIT2: Our armoured cars become cheap next turn while theirs stay Expensive. We'll still win in the light vehicle department and we'd be able to flank their tanks with our armoured cars. They can either shoot our own tanks or the armoured car that's about to destroy them in the rear.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:47:13 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 04, 2015, 05:45:50 pm »

Turbo power for the glory of Arstotzka!
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 04, 2015, 05:51:58 pm »

Hey Sensei, you recorded our T25's speed with mph instead of kph.

EDIT: Their tank is Very Expensive due to needing 5 Ore but only having 2 Ore. If we revise fuel injection, we'll have an equally expensive tank, except it's faster, has a more accurate gun on its own, and can be fired accurately on the move.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:53:42 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 04, 2015, 05:52:52 pm »

Hey Sensei, you recorded our T25's speed with mph instead of kph.
I think it is a proof that Sensei is biased toward Moksburg!
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 04, 2015, 05:54:51 pm »

UR, what do you think of my revision plan? in particular, the idea that cheap fuel injection might benefit us more than cheap turbo charger.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 04, 2015, 05:56:46 pm »

Support andrea's revision if my one doesn't pass. Getting good fuel injection gets us a cheaper tank and a cheaper plane. Good turbo only gets us a cheaper tank. It's an obvious choice.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 04, 2015, 06:02:52 pm »

I support Anrea's revision
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 04, 2015, 06:03:21 pm »

I wonder, if we don't manage to simplify the engine, how feasible it would be to order production of it without an engine, to use as improvised fixed gun emplacement.
Our T15 tank crews would be overjoyed, I am sure! from a moving boiler, to an immobile target.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 04, 2015, 06:09:32 pm »

I think failing fixing injectors and turbo inserting truck engine in the tank is not that hard, even if it will hurt its speed badly

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 04, 2015, 06:11:18 pm »

An added benefit of fixing the Injectors is that it solves the problem with our plane's midflight engine failures.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 04, 2015, 06:12:51 pm »

Since it seems we're not revising our plane engines this year, we should make sure to do so next year. Cheap planes are a very useful thing to have and the faster we get them the better.

Glory to Arstotzka.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 04, 2015, 06:17:29 pm »

Voting for Andres's revision.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 04, 2015, 06:23:50 pm »

you know, Andres, I just noticed our names are an easy mistype away. A and S are so close :P

by the way, if we get cheap fuel injector technology, the cost of our planes will also go down.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 04, 2015, 06:32:13 pm »

by the way, if we get cheap fuel injector technology, the cost of our planes will also go down.
Only the price of our Heavy Fighter will go down. Afterwards, both the Heavy Fighter and our Dive Bomber become Expensive due to using 3 Oil when we only have 2. It's why I suggested revising the HF engine to use less fuel after we sorted out the fuel injection - because it becomes properly cheap and so will the DB due to using the same engine.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 217