Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159018 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Production
« Reply #1380 on: August 04, 2015, 09:59:35 am »

Just remember that we can use them in the Mountains and Jungles too. With our excellent camouflage, ambushes with RPGs would be deadly.

After looking it up on Wikipedia, an early prototype of the bazooka was successfully made in WWI...5 days before the war ended. You can see why they decided they didn't need to develop it further.

Paint our tanks in appropriate camouflage colours if it doesn't add to complexity/expense. More useful in the Desert where long-range engagements are more common.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:46 pm »

Alright, I'm off to sleep. If I miss the revision, I support any of the following:

Anything that fucks up on our tank, with priority being the gun/turret, then the engine, and THEN the chassis
Anything that makes fuel injection non-expensive so we can have more efficient/more powerful engines for cheap.
Anything that improves our navy. We're the only one with ships, so we should at least take advantage of it.(We can actually strike the jungle with shore bombardment. I was gonna design a gunboat/light destroyer, but countering their tank took precedence)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 04, 2015, 12:33:27 pm »

revisng armed version of our ship can be an interesting route.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 04, 2015, 01:51:30 pm »

We could turn the ship into a fuel injected diesel engine with some guns but I do not know if they would be useful in any military sense.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 04, 2015, 02:07:46 pm »

Attacks in the jungle perhaps?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 04, 2015, 02:14:57 pm »

carrying our triplanes or hydroplane versions of them is a rather interesting way to use our cargo vessels
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1925 Design
« Reply #1386 on: August 04, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »

supplementing our air superiority... with an aircraft carrier?
that is actually an interesting idea... sure, mostly a prototype at this stage, with just a revision... but that is experience for the future.

by the way, nice advertising Andres. Although I think Iituem still has an advantage.
edit: I am baffled by their choice to sell weapons so freely. rifles, sure. But fully armed armored vehicles? with rebels around?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:46:41 pm by andrea »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 04, 2015, 02:59:05 pm »

I think at this point an aircraft carrier would be beyond a national project.

Would we benefit right now from additional logistics?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 04, 2015, 03:04:13 pm »

It is wrong. Proper aircraft carrier = national project. One that carries few light aircrafts = expensive or very expensive

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 04, 2015, 03:08:02 pm »

it is more of a stepping stone, we wouldn't be designing a carrier anytime soon. But still, we will likely have to revise our tank. plenty of ambitious things there.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 04, 2015, 04:48:35 pm »

A new, 4 man Medium tank featuring Medium RHA armor all around, with the armor at the front angled at 30 degrees. It features a fast-turning turret mounting a new lightweight, high-velocity 50mm rifled AT gun(the DT25) that is accurate, easy to reload, and features an interrupted screw breech and hydropneumatic recoil dampening (as well as a muzzle brake if necessary), as well as a coaxial belt-fed 1924 with another 1924 mounted on top of the turret in a pintle mount for anti-AA work. It has decent speed and a turbocharged, fuel-injected Diesel engine that puts out a lot of power for not a lot of fuel use and hydropneumatic suspension for a smoothish ride.
Autoloading cannons of this size are definitely going to be an issue to get working, but it looks like you guys want to hold off on that. Hydropneumatic suspension isn't an unreasonable design goal. Rocket launchers wouldn't be impossible to start working on now.

AS-T25: A medium tank, built to fit under medium thickness RHA. The armor is sloped shallow in the front, and this slope goes about halfway down the tank's length. The turret and crew hatch are on the flat part of the top of the tank, in the back, leading to a design that looks like a bit of a wedge. It is powered by a 12 cylinder, fuel injected, turbo charged motor. The new turbo charger is a super charger powered by exhaust, it provides the most benefit at high engine ranges. The Turbo is expensive, and the fuel injectors remain expensive and a bit fussy- their mechanical design requires a fuel pump for each cylinder and will probably remain expensive as long as they are mechanically controlled The turbo also increases fuel use. This combines to make the tank Very Expensive for its motor alone, but it can get up to 35 mph. The gun, a new AS-DT25, fires 50mm rounds, with a screw breech. It is fairly accurate and quite powerful. The turret is hand cranked and a bit on the slow side. It can fire about 20 times a minute and includes AP rounds. The treads are on hydropneumatic suspension, which improves accuracy while the tank is moving. Includes a coaxial AS-1924 and one on the exit hatch with a pintle mount. Costs 5 ore, 3 oil.

You have gained Turbo [Expensive]. Be aware that with its current motor, this tank is a national effort.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1925 Revision
« Reply #1391 on: August 04, 2015, 04:54:11 pm »

I thought we were getting fuel injector instead of the turbocharger. Still, despite the cost it is an amazing chunck of tech and hardware we got.

I propose we use the revision to make the engine cheaper, even if it means giving up one of the turbocharger or the injector. Of course, getting one or both of them to not expensive is an even better goal ( if we remove complexity expense, it is merely expensive.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 04, 2015, 05:05:36 pm »

I propose we don't mess with the Tank, at all, and rather Improve the technology through application in further designs.

AS-HV19-MA

Derived from our succesfull logistic truck, this armored truck mounts either an 80 mm AS-1912, or a dual or quad mount autocannon. In order to better deal with the weight, simplified fuel injection technology has been applied to the engine.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 04, 2015, 05:10:06 pm »

sure, we could do that. But then what do we do with the enemy tanks? not sure your design would help much. Besides, I am not sure our truck could be adapted to be an effective mobile artillery. If people are convinced to improve through use in other designs, then improve the planes. They stand to benefit more from engine imrpovements. ( and cheap fuel injection would greatly increase our numbers in the air)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 04, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »

National effort tank is close to useless, no?

Try to revise cheaper turbo injectors, in case of success try to apply turbo engines to armored cars, motorbikes and aircrafts
Should we fail to get cheaper turbo injecters, create AS-T25B variant of tank, powered by older engine simmilar to one used in our trucks.  AS-T25A may still be produces for tank aces
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 217