Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159038 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1913 Design
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2015, 10:45:14 am »

I vote for smg and trains.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2015, 10:45:49 am »

Those votes are in no way accurate.

I voted for uniforms, Sheb voted for Uniforms, Sheb didn't vote for the shotgun, Tryrar voted for the Shotgun

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2015, 11:06:07 am »

+1 Uniform

I'm going to throw my vote for the Uniform, though I definitely think we should remove the flak jacket to save on costs.
SMG is too complicated and will lead to failure.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2015, 11:10:58 am »

Those votes are in no way accurate.

I voted for uniforms, Sheb voted for Uniforms, Sheb didn't vote for the shotgun, Tryrar voted for the Shotgun
Dident see your vote, that was my fault as I confused U and W, and tryrar said that unless someone else voted for SMG(which someone did) he would vote for shotgun.

And so, it looks like uniforms have won the day.

For revision, does anyone have a suggestion besides working on our railroads or working on our arty?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:14:05 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2015, 01:43:53 pm »

Well, we can hold off on revising our trains for one more turn(they've served us well so far), but if we don't fix our artillery we'll loose even more ground in the plains, which would be bad. My vote for revision goes with fixing our arty

As for design, since uniform is winning I'm switching my vote to that
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2015, 01:51:04 pm »

Well, we can hold off on revising our trains for one more turn(they've served us well so far), but if we don't fix our artillery we'll loose even more ground in the plains, which would be bad. My vote for revision goes with fixing our arty

As for design, since uniform is winning I'm switching my vote to that
If we fix our trains, our artillery will become cheap. And since the problem is only present in cold weather...

On the other hand, we don't want our enemy to capture the plains.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2015, 02:02:43 pm »

From what I can tell, most of the casualties on our side came from A) trench fighting or B) shrapnel. A may be mitigated by twice the pistols, and B may be being dealt with by the armor.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2015, 02:06:40 pm »

Two pistols isn't going to help unfortunately. From the last battle report
Some common soldiers are seen wielding two pistols at once while assaulting the Moskurgs. It isn't very effective.

The pistols will definitely need a revision at some point, but the most pressing matter for revision I see is the arty.
I would like to see the steam engines revised as well, but they can wait for the field guns major flaws to be fixed.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2015, 04:46:15 pm »

Alright, it looks like the votes are for improved uniforms.

Also, to clarify, your artillery is very ineffective right now, they're going to be of little use until you get them fixed.

A new family of improved uniforms incorporating lessons from the first years of the war. The uniforms comes in a variety of camouflage colour suited to various terrains. They include a flak jacket and a steel helmet to protect against shrapnels.

AS-U13: The new uniforms for 1913. They include flak vests protecting the front and back, and a sturdy steel helmet. Instead of being scarlet and gold, they are issued in beige, grey and olive colors for camouflage, with small flag patches. As did the old uniforms, they include numerous pockets, and a bandolier which can hold full clips of rifle bullets for easy access. Unfortunately, High Command issued an order stating that the uniforms are not glorious enough, and are to have a pair of small flags attached to each helmet, like a winged valkyrie helmet. This compromises the camouflage effect considerably.

You got a bad dice roll there. You do now have the Flak Armor technology, though.

What will be for revision? Fix the pistols? Convert the shotguns to metric?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1913 Revision
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2015, 05:05:10 pm »

Unfortunately, High Command issued an order stating that the uniforms are not glorious enough, and are to have a pair of small flags attached to each helmet, like a winged Valkyrie helmet.

ha ha ha, well at least we're glorious:D

AS-1912 Artillery Needs revision the most I believe. The jamming and faulty ammo seem to be a problem.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2015, 05:10:14 pm »

Revise the artillery :

Try to get at least one of these charesteristics.

- Impact detonated HE shell (Simpler shell, less problems)
- Rotating screw breech (alternative solution to the jamming problem)
- Hydropneumatic  (Mysteriously absent despite being in the original design. In short, this fixes recoil, eliminating the need to resight)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2015, 05:15:19 pm »

+1 to reviving the artillery.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2015, 05:30:51 pm »

Like I said, my vote was for arty fixing. I like 10ebbor's list of things to try and get, so +1 to that
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2015, 05:37:11 pm »

Revise the artillery :

Try to get at least one of these charesteristics.

- Impact detonated HE shell (Simpler shell, less problems)
- Rotating screw breech (alternative solution to the jamming problem)
- Hydropneumatic  (Mysteriously absent despite being in the original design. In short, this fixes recoil, eliminating the need to resight)
I've been considering impact-detonated explosive shells to be the default.

You set about the modifications for the AS-1912.

AS 1912A: -AS-1912 Artillery: A field gun firing 80mm shells, loaded through a sliding bolt. The action is not dissimilar to a bolt action rifle, where the old casing is ejected when the bolt is opened. It is large enough (and its ammunition large enough) to be Expensive, and is drawn by horse on two big wheels. It can fire about 12 times a minute, or less often for more precise fire, such as to hit a specific trench or building. It has several kilometers of range. No longer suffers from horrible jamming.

Repeated attempts at implementing hydropneumatic suspension to compensate for recoil are met with bursts and leaks. I rolled a 1 on my die twice, is what I'm trying to say. You now have the technology Hydropneumatic Suspension (Partial).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1913 Production
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2015, 06:03:09 pm »

Pen a letter to High Command, asking for the flags to be removed from the helmet, instead printing a small flag on the back of the uniform. ((Example))

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:18:18 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 217