Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159096 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1923 Design
« Reply #1185 on: August 02, 2015, 10:42:04 am »

I vote for the dive bomber above, let us out do Germany's airforce!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 02, 2015, 10:46:44 am »

Voting for the divebomber

I also think we should make a token effort to keep the mountains. Maybe fixing the camouflage of our uniform and giving them binoculars in the revision.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 02, 2015, 10:51:14 am »

Yes, we should at least pretend to care about the mountain.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 02, 2015, 10:57:51 am »

dive bomber

well. camouflage should help. and perhaps the dive bomber can offer some support. lets hope for good rolls.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 02, 2015, 10:58:34 am »

We can fit a lot in mountain troops uniform revision :

Better mountain climbing equipment, winter clothing, camouflage, entrenchment shovel, binoculars, flare gun, parachutes(?)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:02:13 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 02, 2015, 10:59:28 am »

I say we codename it project falcon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 02, 2015, 11:00:13 am »

winter clothing is not an issue, we likely have that already. Keep in mind that the mountains might be warmer than our home region.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 02, 2015, 12:39:52 pm »

Voting for the bomber, but with white phosphorous bombs standard
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 02, 2015, 02:25:49 pm »

You know, the reason the current plane is being outclassed is it has no maneuverable guns.

We could fix that by changing the mounting on one gun to be central and putting another on the back on a pivot, rather then building a competently new plane this turn.

Also the multi role fighter thing was just going to have a few bombs it could use, not be a heavy bomber.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 02, 2015, 02:27:40 pm »

Vote for AS-AR23 assault rifle.

We have enough ore that this should be field able to all troops.

Then we can make some armored troop transports to fully utilize soldiers in the mountains and jungles.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 02, 2015, 02:32:51 pm »

Maneuverable guns are really not that great. In real life, maneuverable guns on fighter craft were quickly abandoned because they were almost completely useless.

Even in bombers they weren't very useful. A fighter craft, being faster and more maneuverable than a heavy bomber, could come in fast and damage the bomber before it's crew could react. There was a reason that these flew at night and in close box formations, or before that were designed to be so fast that the enemy couldn't catch them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 02, 2015, 02:38:54 pm »

You know, the reason the current plane is being outclassed is it has no maneuverable guns.

We could fix that by changing the mounting on one gun to be central and putting another on the back on a pivot, rather then building a competently new plane this turn.
With who manning them? We have a single-seat fighter.

Also, what ebbor said about fighters with turrets also includes the fact that turrets, and their gunners, are heavy. Case in point, the British at one point built a fighter where the only armament was 4 MGs in one turret, with the same engine as a hurricane. It did not do well.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 02, 2015, 05:27:46 pm »

With who manning them? We have a single-seat fighter.

Also, what ebbor said about fighters with turrets also includes the fact that turrets, and their gunners, are heavy. Case in point, the British at one point built a fighter where the only armament was 4 MGs in one turret, with the same engine as a hurricane. It did not do well.

What, no love for my design? It's not as sexy as a dive bomber, but it still can be used to attack ground targets and it should be a much better fighter than what they currently have(and should be parity for anything new they might field). We can modify our design later to have a dive bomber variant(basically sacrifice some speed to increase bomb load and add dive flaps)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 02, 2015, 05:39:42 pm »

don't worry, your interceptor will win in another thread :D
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 02, 2015, 05:41:38 pm »

Spoiler: AS-DB-HF-23 (click to show/hide)
I don't agree that we should choose a dive bomber over an assault rifle since they provide zero advantage against their Brumbies, but since that's what we're going for let me alter the design a bit. Aimed cost is no more than 4 Ore and no more than 2 Oil. If it costs any more than 2 Oil, it will only ever be Expensive at minimum and there'll be no way to make it cheaper unless we capture the Jungle.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:25:28 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 217