Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do you feel about the use of guns in this setting?

We know how to make them and they're useful, mainline production.
- 4 (33.3%)
They seem out of place and run rather counter to a fantasy setting, avoid them.
- 2 (16.7%)
Get outta here, nerd, nobody finds guns that interesting.
- 1 (8.3%)
Go ahead and have the NPCs make em, but not worth player input.
- 1 (8.3%)
Support, but they shouldn't be the standard weapons.
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: {OOC Thread} If Bay12 was a Fortress 3  (Read 53857 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: {OOC THREAD} If Bay12 was a Fortress 3
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2015, 02:39:18 pm »

To elaborate further on my (somewhat hypocritical) point:

Lots of OOC in the IC thread is just bad practice for a number of reasons. It makes it extremely difficult to follow what the hell's actually going on in the RP, because the few actual story posts get drowned out in pages of arguing over whether or not the flying computer doubles as a deathbot.

You've also got to acknowledge that you have a -massive- tendency toward power gaming, Fish. Maybe part of it is my prior RP experience (the "play to lose" school) not translating to another forum and community, but the fact remains that you're constantly pushing for every little advantage you can obtain, along with metagaming, to the point where it kinda sucks for anyone who doesn't attempt to do the same.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2015, 02:43:34 pm »

I agree with that one.  Although it doesn't help when the GM forgets about his own OOC thread and I am often on things that do not make copypasta easy, like phones and tablets (disincentive to swap threads).

As for powergaming:

That is probably very true.  I am not going to deny that basically, go until told to stop is a thing I do all too much.  I'll (important word here) try to rein it in though.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:30:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2015, 05:17:05 pm »

Please do. While normally I do support powergaming, at least within actual vidyagaems, this is not the place for it. The reason I'm so heavily limiting the power players have access to is that this is meant to be more, as Murdoc put it, "Play to lose". This is the Twelfth Bay, after all; Losing Is Fun.

And yeah, I apologize for allowing so many OOC argusations to clutter the IC thread, that's something I need to work on.

Updop within a few hours.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 17, 2015, 07:20:57 pm »

Please do. While normally I do support powergaming, at least within actual vidyagaems, this is not the place for it. The reason I'm so heavily limiting the power players have access to is that this is meant to be more, as Murdoc put it, "Play to lose". This is the Twelfth Bay, after all; Losing Is Fun.

And yeah, I apologize for allowing so many OOC argusations to clutter the IC thread, that's something I need to work on.

Updop within a few hours.
Losing Is Fun.  Sure.  But it has to be creative losing.  ...Which gives me a !!BAD GOOD IDEA!!.
Which involves zombies.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:28:31 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 17, 2015, 08:16:49 pm »

And just to be clear, I don't intend to make any scenarios unwinnable, if I can avoid it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »

Okay, since the fortress exterior has nobody active and I don't like being in explodified limbo, I'm going to very briefly take over a NPC medic to get things running again up there and probably complicate Amp's job immensely.  Sorry Amp.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2015, 03:00:55 pm »

Hah, I've been telling you you can do that for a while now.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2015, 03:24:16 pm »

Hah, I've been telling you you can do that for a while now.
I should state now that this is by no means me taking a medic as an alt, just a needed bump.  Eh.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2015, 04:09:03 pm »

Yes.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:00:56 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2015, 10:22:52 am »

Now comes the fun part, the end of the battle.
Where did blaze and the firefly go?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 19, 2015, 10:48:14 am »

Now comes the fun part, the end of the battle.
Where did blaze and the firefly go?
*shrug*
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm »

Fish, if both Net and Spark were conscious, they could use their connection to transfer power from one to the other, allowing Net to use his mana battery to recharge Spark. Since neither is conscious, that won't be an option. You don't have fort-wide wireless power yet. Or wired, for that matter. The fort's infrastructure is extremely limited beyond standard dorfy workshops and machinery.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2015, 06:47:12 pm »

I specifically stated I handed off the mana battery's power tap to Spark.  Even if he can't cast, this at least is logical for me to code on the principle of "I don't want to have to juggle any magic in, say, a combat situation and send a spell down the battery and power to the enemy."
(That being, Spark is capable of holding a tap, even if I have to spin the actual spell first.)
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2015, 10:26:42 pm »

You don't have wireless power transmission in the fort yet. You can use your psychic link to get a similar result, but with it down, Spark has no way of getting power from the battery to his system. You can build a wireless transfer system, or network of outlets, easily, but haven't done so yet.

Also worth noting is that many technomantic constructs could also run off mundane electricity, so if power generation gets running, you could use that for a number of things without depleting the Geothaum.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2015, 10:33:27 pm »

This...No, it's not over-the-air, it's a power cord you can't see.  At least, how I see it.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43