Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do you feel about the use of guns in this setting?

We know how to make them and they're useful, mainline production.
- 4 (33.3%)
They seem out of place and run rather counter to a fantasy setting, avoid them.
- 2 (16.7%)
Get outta here, nerd, nobody finds guns that interesting.
- 1 (8.3%)
Go ahead and have the NPCs make em, but not worth player input.
- 1 (8.3%)
Support, but they shouldn't be the standard weapons.
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: {OOC Thread} If Bay12 was a Fortress 3  (Read 53885 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: {OOC THREAD} If Bay12 was a Fortress 3
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2015, 02:55:30 pm »

But of course. Not really a very active one, I haven't done much other than read, but yes.

I'm not sure I entirely understand what you meant by the bottom third of your post, but it doesn't sound overpowered or physically unlikely, so I'll moderate on an individual basis. Also, labeling spoilers is likely good practice. Done like so; [spoiler=name]
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2015, 03:00:45 pm »

*sigh* to put it in simple terms, he is using his minions to fuel his otherwise useless power and get around conservation of ninjitsu at the same time. of course, at such long distance and with the abnormal ammo, the fun will ensue by stormtrooper marksmanship first. also, since it would take forever to get into a effective position and would be far to dangerous to do so, the minion mages will hang back and watch the show while the army starts on their way to clean up the mess.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2015, 03:19:58 pm »

He's casting with his living minions' hitpoints in order to get around both the geothaum power limitation and the limitations of mind-controlled magic users?

What abnormal ammo?

Actually, the submages are one of the few things that would be usefully deployed for flanking tactics through the hills.

Also, I'd like to get some numbers on how many soldiers, mages, undead, and unclassified you have. You don't necessarily need to tell everyone else, but I reserve the right to omniscience.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2015, 03:47:38 pm »

He's casting with his living minions' hitpoints in order to get around both the geothaum power limitation and the limitations of mind-controlled magic users? he is having his minions cast from their minion's hitpoints to give him a power source. also, they're coerced, not mind controlled. given a proper chance and the possibility of their comrades not turning on them the moment they died, they would probably rebel.

What abnormal ammo? The Zombies, being flung by magic.

Actually, the submages are one of the few things that would be usefully deployed for flanking tactics through the hills.
not if everything goes to plan the way I see it, which it may or may not.
Also, I'd like to get some numbers on how many soldiers, mages, undead, and unclassified you have. You don't necessarily need to tell everyone else, but I reserve the right to omniscience. 15 X 20 = 300 regular soldiers over all, with 1 out of every 60-80 being a mage roughly for a total of 5-7 mages, including self and another 60 "leaders" who basically make sure the rest follow orders. about 60%of the force is undead, and the rest are split between humans, goblins, and to a very slight extent elves.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2015, 03:59:49 pm »

Yes.

Well, I apologize for being thick, and see no current obstacle to further action.

Edit; Of course, as soon as Hache begins receiving power, his location will be obvious. The ability to magically overpower the opposition does not necessarily equal the ability to magically overpower a hail of bullets.

Also, I hope this isn't your entire army. 300 soldiers is pocket change by worldgen standards, which we're using.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:16:32 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2015, 05:09:39 pm »

Correction. its not my army. I am tired of trolls and people who don't undestand the basic pillars of rp. I am out untill further notice.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2015, 08:24:16 pm »

I go away for three hours and the argument goes full tantrum.  BLAAARGH.

It's not like it came out of the blue ICly either, I was being suspicious to begin with and if the army hadn't sprung, I would have continued being suspicious normally, but seriously, I, to the best of my information, did not intentionally use any information that I could not have had ICly.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:32:50 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2015, 09:17:14 pm »

I PMed Dustan.
Hopefully this resolves this not-exactly-a-problem-if-I-had-been-less-stupid-and-not-gone-off-for-three-hours-after-posting.

Seriously, though, at least some of this was me being stupid.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2015, 09:36:54 pm »

I could probably think of some sort of antagonist to run if Dustan doesn't show up again, just let my PC fade into the background for a while if you don't want someone on both sides of the conflict.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2015, 09:40:20 pm »

I could probably think of some sort of antagonist to run if Dustan doesn't show up again, just let my PC fade into the background for a while if you don't want someone on both sides of the conflict.
Well there's currently a necro and their army.  So, y'know, if he doesn't come back you could take his character over, or the remnants of his army.  You know, because he used fear, and if he used fear, we can outfear his minions by killing him.  And then they'll break.
Maybe.
I think, at least.
If they're loyal, then we still have to kill them.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2015, 09:47:09 pm »

If he doesn't show back up, I'm turning this scenario into an actual siege situation, wherein we are stuck in the fortress and surrounded by enemies, thereby having to figure out a way of breaking the siege, rather than the fairly short-but-spectacular battle it would likely have been instead.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2015, 10:26:00 pm »

If he doesn't show back up, I'm turning this scenario into an actual siege situation, wherein we are stuck in the fortress and surrounded by enemies, thereby having to figure out a way of breaking the siege, rather than the fairly short-but-spectacular battle it would likely have been instead.
Heh.  I think I have an idea.
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2015, 11:30:51 am »

and i am ba-
dustan hache cancels resume rp: throwing a tantrum

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2015, 04:23:22 pm »

Much as I enjoy discussing the relative viability of firearms, I won't be making them overpowered, they're the boring-but-practical, slightly weaker alternative to magic, intended to allow non-mages to fight just as well. This series has had easily as many daleks as necromancers.

Or in other words, everybody just do stuff before you get both angry and bored, we'll figure out the viability of actions when they occur.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2015, 05:51:27 pm »

edit: wrong thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43