Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do you feel about the use of guns in this setting?

We know how to make them and they're useful, mainline production.
- 4 (33.3%)
They seem out of place and run rather counter to a fantasy setting, avoid them.
- 2 (16.7%)
Get outta here, nerd, nobody finds guns that interesting.
- 1 (8.3%)
Go ahead and have the NPCs make em, but not worth player input.
- 1 (8.3%)
Support, but they shouldn't be the standard weapons.
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43

Author Topic: {OOC Thread} If Bay12 was a Fortress 3  (Read 53878 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: {OOC THREAD} If Bay12 was a Fortress 3
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2015, 06:42:59 am »

Ok I'm back. Fill me in.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2015, 09:53:09 am »

the fortress is currently under siege by a small portion of a necromancer's army, with said necromancer possibly trying to infiltrate the fortress in disguise for reasons currently unknown. the siege force consists of roughly 360 some soldiers, divided into groups of 24, with 5-7 lesser mages among them currently using some of the undead soldiers as artillery shells. the battlements were very recently coated with phosphoric fire after the fortress defenses barraged some of the approaching forces with phosphoric shells.

the mages are hanging back with roughly 40-50 soldiers, outside of sniper and howitzer fire and launching 1-2 zombies every half hour, over the course of a minute. they have done this roughly 4 times so far, including the most recent one right after the howitzers set some of the approaching force ablaze. current casualties on the dwarven side are unknown, as nobody has seen fit to post about them. meanwhile, current casualties on the sieging side have reached approximately 30-50 troops, including the zombies used as magical mortar shells.

there is a infiltration force of unknown portion inside the fort with the merchant caravan, consisting of : 1 suspicious individual who is unarmed and some mercenary soldiers, heavily armored and decently armed. they have yet to reveal their colors or motives. they are in custody, due to the recent siege.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:55:30 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2015, 10:13:23 am »

In other news, landmines.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2015, 10:36:39 am »

you didnt see that post, did you?
If you mean:
(gwolfski, one does not re-mention stuff they did not do, especially with smilies while ic... people like you are generally removed or ignored during roleplay for a very good reason.)

that was in my post that was removed when my browser crashed i think
I did see it, but if it isn't there, it didn't happen.
Further discussion should go in OOC.
/null

regarding this, i will try to re-write the lost post after the battle. that ok?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:05 am »

I'm not the GM.

Also, EB, you have like a year of time to have worked with.  Three months of that were prep for the war.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2015, 11:39:19 am »

Gwolf, whatever else you want to do, sabotage is only going yo get you arrested again.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2015, 11:48:06 am »

amp. do updop on dorf soldiers. NOW!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:28 am »

Gwolf, whatever else you want to do, sabotage is only going yo get you arrested again.

how is that sabotage?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »

Putting extra powder in a gun not designed to handle it is sabotage. The weapon will explode or break. Certain weapons can be loaded with "Magnum" munitions, with more powder than the norm, and even the ones designed to handle it tend to break down more quickly.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2015, 05:40:46 pm »

well, of course i knew that! i do physivcs! e=mc2 and all that. guns with thicker barrels and tougher mechanisms.

also i will get to rewritting the missing post soon.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2015, 06:39:43 pm »

While this is a viable action, creating more powerful firearms always being good, the missing post is missing, and as such did not take place. You can't suddenly make an entire new product line in the middle of battle.

Muh FG--OOC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2015, 01:14:19 am »

I'm still around, just trying to think of something to do.

Fish, you really have to stop pretending you're the GM, or trying to powergame the everliving shit out of this. It's really not fun to read, especially due to the -constant- OOC arguments.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2015, 03:56:16 am »

I'm still around, just trying to think of something to do.

Fish, you really have to stop pretending you're the GM, or trying to powergame the everliving shit out of this. It's really not fun to read, especially due to the -constant- OOC arguments.

I'm afraid I must agree, Fish.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2015, 11:26:33 pm »

Considering that the stranger [NOTE: I have not called him out as a necro YET.] is hiding among the soldiers when the attack started, spark would have to attack the soldier group, or retreat and wait for him to show himself. they were all kept in the same area, after all.

On a secondary note fish, your making your character dangerously genre savvy. you're probably going to lose your character if you keep it up, because that Is like painting a giant target of mary sue on them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2015, 11:37:06 pm »

...This is just zombie apocalypse rules, which is kind of Wrong Genre Savvy because DF necros can do better than that (i.e. part animation).  However, ICly I'm banking on the necro not coming up the battlements/not raising stuff/not having the power for it outside of his powerbase/being fried to a crisp.
Or being able to launch them over the walls should Bad Things Happen.

Heck, there probably should have been losses and delays from, y'know, the soldiers with guns shooting at your mercs?  Even if they're just mobility-impaired, or possibly bleeding out or losing oxygen and there are really quite a few things that could kill or take out even a painless soldier.  I should make...Later, once I'm not currently mid-fight, and then I speculate about possibilities.

Also, Spark is airborne.  Just a tight pack of soldiers won't stop harassment/divebomb tactics, you'd need some sort of shield turtle thing, and while I'd say that you'd figure out pretty quickly, the advantage of "WTF FIRE AAAAAH" would shock enough for a couple shots and probably a hit on the oh-totally-not-a-necro-haha.  (Kinda obvious at this point, y'know?  ;P)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:51:59 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43