Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer  (Read 11271 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 11:51:33 pm »

Can we have the recipes for the grenades we already have without using up Rot's designer skill? Also we should probably try to design some kinda reusable undead healing item. We can't always depend on having the materials for an infectious mist grenade. Speaking of which, Ralphina should probably toss the last infectious mist grenade to heal the party up before we continue. After that, let's head Down left.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 01:31:02 am »

"I'm not going to make anything dangerous like Frag, Blaster, Napalm, or Sanctified grenades without specialized equipment. That would be crazy of me. You guys decided I needed the Revolver Bow that Ralphina makes fun of more than I needed my grenade making tools...

That said, even without equipment I can still make the sort of grenades that we let novices like Ralphie use!"

Recipes Get:
Makeshift Grenade Casing x 3 - Any Solid Raw Material + Any Magical or Mechanical item
Infectious Mist Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Any Liquid Item + Infected Tissue Sample (Free while Ralphina is around)
Frenzy Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Two Different Living Creature Body Parts
Smart Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Item of Magical Power + Grey Matter Body Part OR Any Computer Chip
Unholy Hand Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Any Gold Item + Undead Body Part + Demonic Body Part

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 05:46:22 pm »

Chapter 1: The Descent

Turn 6

We should probably try to design some kinda reusable undead healing item. We can't always depend on having the materials for an infectious mist grenade. Speaking of which, Ralphina should probably toss the last infectious mist grenade to heal the party up before we continue. After that, let's head Down left.

"Nobody else? Fine. Rot, do your thing."

"Alright. Let me just make some calculations! Basic health wand concept... account for the 3rd law of Necrodynamics... divide by Dracula's Number... and carry the 4.

...Done. I'll also share the wand core recipe for free, because we need to make that first."

1 Use of Designer Used!
Recipies Get:

Wand Core - Small Container + Magical or Electrical Item
Wand of Heal Undead - Wand Core + Any Wooden Item + Any Bone Item OR Any Gold Item

"Not sure what you did there, but I'm sure it was impressive. Now bring it in for some healing, nerd."

"Ralphina detonates the last mist grenade between herself and Rot. Both undead regain 5hp!

Once that is taken care of, the party moves Southwest to the next room, where they see..."

"Oh, hey, its Vileust! How are you doing?"

"I'm hanging in there... Making an... unliving if you will. What is a city ghoul like you doing out on the Cliffway? Ralphina dragging you along on a hunting trip?"

"I wish it was something fun like that..."

"Yeah... The dipshit despot went and banished all undead from town."

"Damn. Didn't think he'd go that far. Heading south to see if the demons want you then?"

"Thats the plan."

"Congratulations, you have entered a recruitment bonus room! Rot and Ralphina have run into Vileus, an old friend who left town months ago when the despot banned the undead from participating in the slave trade... as merchants anyway. Rumor has it that since then he has been making ends meet by buying prisoners of war off the elves and dwarves, and selling them to both the demonic forces and bandit clans.

Surely he would be willing to drop everything and join you on your adventure!"

"How about no. I have my entire financial worth tied up in this shipment. That ain't happening bub."

"Bu-but its a recruitment bonus room!"

"I was getting to that. How would you two like to take a thrall off my hands?"

"Sounds good, whats the catch?"

"The path ahead is blocked by giant mountain wasps. A well fed vampire such as my self is alive enough to be susceptible to their venom, but you two should be fine. I'll give you your pick of the merchandise if you agree to clear the buzzing bastards, and if the thrall survives the fight, you can keep it."

"That is an offer worth considering... Let me see what, or who actually, you have to offer."

Choose One of the Following:
-Recruit Dexowan Fowlour, Deep Elf Inquisitor - The Elven Inquisition is what happens when you give a bunch of cutthroat assassins divine favor and legal authority.
-Recruit Humphry 'Honey' Quartz, Shortorc Prizefighter - A tough as nails dwarf/orc hybrid with a chip on his shoulder. He chooses to express his feelings through the fine art of punching things in the face.
-Recruit Amberlyn Leafdew, Spring Elf Druid - A mage who expresses her love of nature by ripping the souls from her fallen plant and animal foes, and using them to fuel her powers.
-Recruit Urist Dregs, Hill Dwarf Knight of the Maltarian Order - A heavily armored fighter who has devoted his life to Maltar, the Dwarven God of minerals, earth magic, prospectors, and raging keggers
-Recruit nobody, leave the scumbag slaver high and dry, skip out on fighting a bunch of GIANT FUCKING WASPS, and move on to the next room of your choosing.

Party Information and Bestiary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:49:12 pm by Weirdsound »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2015, 07:49:43 pm »

We'll take Urist Dregs. We need a tank up in here! (Also, does demon leather count as a magical item? How many charges do wands have, and how do we recharge them?)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 07:59:42 pm »

How big are giant wasps? Which of the POWs have range combat capabilities?
Max avatar size is 80x80

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2015, 08:19:32 pm »

We'll take Urist Dregs. We need a tank up in here! (Also, does demon leather count as a magical item? How many charges do wands have, and how do we recharge them?)
+1
Let's hope that Maltar is okay with the undead.

If we empty out the jar of horse glue can we use it as the small container for the wand core?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2015, 04:00:14 pm »

How big are giant wasps? Which of the POWs have range combat capabilities?

"The wasps are medium sized - just a bit shorter than me or rot, but not nearly as heavy. Their venom is paralytic and highly effective against most mortals, so although a melee tank would work well with our party in general, it would be a bad pick for this battle in particular. Hey Vileust, which of your thralls can attack from range?"

"The inquisitor has a dart gun, and the mage has... well magic."

"...We could just give whoever we pick up one of my Ranged Weapons. I have an extra. I've sold bulk orders of advanced bows to the elven inquisition before, so I'd bet Dexowan would be proficient with the Revolver Bonebow. Beyond that, its likely that whoever gets my bow or boomstick would be untrained and inaccurate with it."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2015, 04:20:47 pm »

(Oops. Missed the crafting questions)

(Also, does demon leather count as a magical item? How many charges do wands have, and how do we recharge them?)

"Demon leather is just evil and demonic. Not inherently magical on its own. Wands with the basic core design tend to have 5-8 charges. Some magical beings and classes have ways to recharge wands on their own, but otherwise I'd have to design and build a device to do that."

If we empty out the jar of horse glue can we use it as the small container for the wand core?

"...Sure. But most complex weapons and machinery you might ask me to design will require adhesive items, so I'd rather not just throw the glue away before I need it."

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2015, 06:44:58 pm »

Although I was leaning towards the mage, I'll support the acquisition of Señor Urist Dregs as he'll probably be good long term. Can't really think of anything to make on the crafting front yet.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2015, 07:46:32 pm »

I stand by my vote of Urist Dregs. For crafting, I say we focus on getting a wand for healing and a machine to recharge it. Now that I think of it, the wand might not heal Urist, 'cause you know, he's alive and everything.

Can we turn him undead? How does that work?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 03:34:11 pm »

Chapter 1: The Descent

Turn 6

"Sounds like the people have spoken. Urist is joining the party!"

"You heard the man. Bring out the dwarf!"

"Right-o... Here ya go. Urist, this is Rot and Ralphina, they will be your new masters."

"Righteous. Sup brahs? How's it hanging?"

"Really? 'brahs?'"

"He worships the god of raging keggers. What exactly were you expecting? And I'm doing fine Urist. We were just getting ready to go stomp some bugs, and decided that we could have you along and make a real party out of it."

"Sweeeeet! I'll crack open a can of whoopass for sure... or a potion of 190 proof. One or the other. It will be legendary though."

"...Oh geeze."

Can we turn him undead? How does that work?

"Thats a great idea. I can just Ralph on him and order the dwarf to hold still until it kicks in. He'd be reduced to a raving stupid animal in a suit of armor, but would gain new sentience and skills with a level up or two. Worth it if it means I don't have to put up with Alpha Sigma Dumbass."

"Woa! Lets not do anything rash just because the jocks picked on you in college. Undeath might indeed help him deal with the wasps, but I'd at least look over his character sheet in the link below first. We might lose something good by infecting him... But if we are going to do it, we should get it done before literally charging into the hornet's nest."

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 03:57:05 pm »

I vote we do not infect Urist. He can heal himself already to an extent, and his ability to find new crafting materials is too good to pass up. I admit that it might be annoying to have to carry two different types of healing item, but we are no longer quite as weak to holy things as we were before.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 06:42:27 pm »

I vote we do not infect Urist. He can heal himself already to an extent, and his ability to find new crafting materials is too good to pass up. I admit that it might be annoying to have to carry two different types of healing item, but we are no longer quite as weak to holy things as we were before.
+1 A diverse party will probably be helpful. Charge into the hornet’s nest.
Max avatar size is 80x80

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2015, 01:24:17 am »

+1 A diverse party will probably be helpful. Charge into the hornet’s nest.
Right. We could always turn him later on, should we find reasons to do so.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2015, 01:41:55 am »

"Righteous. Sup brahs? How's it hanging?"
This guy.
I like this guy, respect, Brah.
I'm so sorry Raphina.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.