Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230537 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC
« Reply #2025 on: September 11, 2015, 11:30:04 am »

Aaaah come on, are we really just gonna give up like that though? Moskurgers still hava lot in them, 'till the bitter end!
((rather, its Sensei's college starting in a week and a half. Is it that hard to let the GM take a rest?))

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 11, 2015, 11:37:46 am »

we have time for a couple more turns, unless for Sensei this became a drain rather than entertaiment, in which case we might want to cut it early and give him some rest before lessons begin again.

A couple of turns might also be all the time we need to get your capital.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2027 on: September 11, 2015, 11:42:58 am »

578ml is painful. Maybe 600ml or 550ml, or even 580ml, but not 578ml.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 11, 2015, 11:48:10 am »

Well, game's over.  Out of curiosity, Sensei, had we designed a break-action grenade launcher instead of the mine, would Moskurg had regained the ore?

No thanks to shading things pro-moskurg so much in the end, though.  Losing 1/3 of the desert, and fighting in the capital, should have restricted our resources more already.  It didn't need to be dragged out that long so we can continue our stream of incompetence for a couple more months.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:15:18 pm by Devastator »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 11, 2015, 01:40:19 pm »

578ml is painful. Maybe 600ml or 550ml, or even 580ml, but not 578ml.

But a pint is, like, the perfect size. Half a liter is too small, but a full liter is too much at once (assuming Moskurg uses the British pint.)

Aaaah come on, are we really just gonna give up like that though? Moskurgers still hava lot in them, 'till the bitter end!

It's not over until Arstotzka flies that washed-out bar rag they call a banner over the burned out ruins of the last Moskurger emplacement. Or Sensei says it's over, whichever comes first.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 11, 2015, 01:45:16 pm »

But a pint is, like, the perfect size. Half a liter is too small, but a full liter is too much at once (assuming Moskurg uses the British pint.)

Hehe, all this really make me feel like we're in 1984.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 11, 2015, 02:41:31 pm »

It's not over until Arstotzka flies that washed-out bar rag they call a banner over the burned out ruins of the last Moskurger emplacement. Or Sensei says it's over, whichever comes first.

It's been over for about fifteen turns.  It's just that the goalposts keep moving so that Arstotzka can continue having objectives to seize.

To be fair, we might have had a chance ten turns ago, but we managed to blow four consecutive actions for the loss, which sadly, is about normal performance for Team Moskurg.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 11, 2015, 04:49:48 pm »

It's been over for about fifteen turns.  It's just that the goalposts keep moving so that Arstotzka can continue having objectives to seize.

To be fair, we might have had a chance ten turns ago, but we managed to blow four consecutive actions for the loss, which sadly, is about normal performance for Team Moskurg.
Oh my Armok, so emo. ;)

Yeah, I did move the goalposts a bit, in Moskurg's favor, when I decided there was an extra buffer zone between capturing the plains, and moving towards Moskurg's capitol. However, I would have done this either way, I think. Otherwise capturing the plains would both give a faction more resources, AND access to their enemy's doorstep, which seems like too much at once. I like the idea of them having a bit more time to play around with those resources (and really need to take advantage of them, which took them a bit bu they ultimately did) before D-day. Or AS-D34, as Arstotzkan calendars call it.

I really liked the rebels too. This will probably disappoint you to hear, but the main reason for them not coming back in a meaningful way was, in order of importance A) the last few turns I've been getting out late and I didn't want to delay them by writing more stuff and B) logically it would probably screw Moskurg more and they were already on the defensive. I would bring them back now, even, but it would probably just constitute prolonging the game alot.

I won't be doing a big campaign where you guys conquer Berlin or Tokyo (or Washington), or Forenia goes to war with Tropico, or what have you. At least, not consecutively after this ends, I think the idea makes sense and is pretty cool. I'm going to run a simpler forum game once this is over. I still might run a sequel to this, but after a nice long break. If somebody else wants to do that, they can.

If Moskurg does want to make a conditional surrender rather than be conquered or be in for a very long, slow forum game if they somehow turn the tide, then the treaty will be signed after one more year of fighting, so you can still get to see whatever crazy designs you have in action. You might have to override High Command to do it though...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2033 on: September 11, 2015, 05:19:57 pm »

You might have to override High Command to do it though...
So, we need to design something so glorious that they have a seizure.
Apparently that's what we're doing now, but shshshshs.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: September 11, 2015, 05:26:41 pm »

I think they are not the only ones who will have a seizure :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: September 11, 2015, 06:56:05 pm »

-snip-
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 11, 2015, 07:07:23 pm »

I predict the next turn will be interesting.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 12, 2015, 03:15:07 am »

What are the costs and effects of mangalloy in terms of vehicle armour?

EDIT: Just thought of a really good and true phrase: Arstotzka is dankest while Moskurg is stankest.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 08:25:37 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2038 on: September 12, 2015, 03:42:21 pm »

EDIT: Just thought of a really good and true phrase: Arstotzka is dankest while Moskurg is stankest.

#soon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: September 14, 2015, 12:01:20 am »

Spoiler: Kot {s}Propaganda{/s} (click to show/hide)
I should totally make a drawing of Kot as if he's the Minister of Foreign Relations for Arstotska [ie Minister Cat].
...One day ._.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 159